Tarte TSV 03/10/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It seems that there are some people for whom selling on Ebay is the way they make a living, they buy products on QVC and then sell them on Ebay for a profit. I remember once watching an Elemis TSV and Keeley saying someone had bought 20 TSVs .... there is no way that is for personal use, or even gifts for family, it is for selling on for a profit.

I was interested in the TSV but have decided against it. Too much shade drama and it seems the foundation is full of shiny stuff anyway. The palette looks lovely but really the last thing I need is more eyeshadow or blusher.

I really have to marvel at these people who make a living selling on ebay. When I try to sell anything 9 times out of 10 I get thoroughly ripped off and everything sells for a pittance. It's barely worth bothering.

Did anyone hear what colour they said Debbie Fleck was in?

I think Debbie Flett is normally in one of the paler shades. Personally, I think they need to avoid using her for any cosmetics demonstrations. She has lovely skin when not wearing so much makeup, but has the most astonishingly crepey/wrinkly skin around her eyes for her age. I think she's lovely looking but I doubt very much she wears any of this stuff when not on air, or when she's doing the Tova shows. When they use her on Tarte and on Bare Minerals the foundation always looks dry and dull on her, and accentuates all the crepiness to the max.

I cancelled my order after I saw Ali Keenan in the kit-It looked dreadfully unflattering and I am a bit older than her.

Every single model on air looked yellow or sallow and I just cant take that look.

I have ordered the light medium and pray it will be OK as return postage from Spain isn't cheap. One thing I've noticed in the demo is everyone is using a palette with both top and bottom of the palette in gold, they have no pattern on the front like the one we are supposed to get. Wonder if they are demoing different colours.

I have to say the video of the launch is dreadful - the level of information actually given about the products in the set was really poor...

No clear explanation of what shade foundation the models were in, and then even Leigh got wrong what the name of the darkest shade was, which Annemarie was wearing!

I dare say QVC are still making money, and still recruiting new customers... but the trick of being successful is to then retain the new customers, not just draw them in for one TSV.

The teams who plan the TSV schedule, and do the negotiations for the sets offered have not been doing a stellar job this year, I don't think. I've not known a year where so many TSVs have had to be moved or replaced before - has anyone else experienced this?

I know it must be challenging to find something different for 365 TSVs every year, plus OTOs, plus Bargain Hunters, plus all the other special price promotions they do... but they've been doing this for years. What's gone so wrong in 2015?

5 reviews now, just one 5* trying to redress the balance but the rest bemoaning the foundation colours...not one reviewer actually tried the TSV though :mysmilie_1:

5 reviews now, just one 5* trying to redress the balance but the rest bemoaning the foundation colours...not one reviewer actually tried the TSV though :mysmilie_1:

You really can't give any credance to the reviews on QVC when they are so obviously speculative... unless they are among the privileged few who get to try the products in advance of the launch. If that were to be the case, I would expect it to be made clear that they had had an advanced set ahead of the launch.

I also get irritated when a product which has been clearly presented as needing a prolonged period to show results (and an extended MBG provided to support that) is reviewed as useless after a few days or weeks! I'm more inclined to find them credible if they've used the product for the stated period and found it wanting.

That said, I think it can be useful to enable people to point out where something is not good value (and hence they refuse to buy). It might help others to think twice before tapping the app/jumping to the phones/trying Qcut...

So did the Light Beige sell out in the end?

I was watching The Blues Brothers and flicked over to Marv, saying it was. Oh and also the eyeliner was double ended with two colours. Later spraying something without taking the cap off.:mysmilie_15:

Is everyone happy with their TSV?

I bought the lightest shade but it just looked slightly too pale and 'off' on me so I went to ebay got the foundation in light medium. Think I jumped a little too quickly as half an hour later I looked in the mirror and the fair honey looked a perfect match. Oh well looks like I have a summer option on the way!

Love mine! I went for Lt Med and it suits my skin much better than I thought, really like the coverage too. Really liking the lipstick shade too, the palette is nice (nothing special but decent, wearable colours), the mascara is fab, haven't tried the eyeliner but it looks fine. Glad I got it, would recommend the brand, love it!

Have just touched up with the foundation this evening and so far so good. Bought the lightest shade expecting it to be too dark as I'm porcelain in LG but its ok. Will check in daylight just to be sure. Lipstick is too dark for me but ok blotted down as a lip stain.

I'm happy with mine on the whole, it is excellent quality make up. Disappointed in the foundation though, I went for Fair Honey, I am fair in B & B, it is too pale, it looks like I am applying white chalk to my face. As predicted, I swished Tarte bronzer over the top to give a bit of colour and I am happy with the result, wish I had gone for Light Medium though. The eyeshadows are superb, I am very impressed with the Tarte eyeshadows, would like a different colour next time though, something other than neutrals. The blusher is a good colour on me. I like the lipstick, it is very dark on me but will be good for a night out. Will not be using the eyeliner, I can't wear brown eyeliner, so I'll give it away.

I'm happy with mine too.
Foundation colour settles after a few mins, shadows are really good, and the eyeliner is buttery soft and just glides on like no other I've ever found. Blusher is a good match and the lip colour looks great. Mascara excellent too.
In fact, everything in this TSV is usable
Excellent value for money, just wish foundation shade choices had been clearer as I bought 2 shades, so I will keep some items and give / present other items.
I also bought the concealer with corrector, which again is excellent.
I have yet to find a Tarte product that I don't like.
Looking forward to the next TSV :mysmilie_59:

I am happy on the whole, but wish I had gone for the third shade (light medium i think) rather than medium neutral which is almost like a bronzer on me. It did seem to settle down a bit but I looked a bit tango-ed. Had to dust LG BnB over the top. On the whole I think it gives a fuller coverage than my beloved pre-change BnB, but I would definitely have benefitted from a lighter colour. Oh well, will put this one away for summer. The palette is really pretty and it's nice to have some matte eye shadows as most of my others are shimmers. Not sure about the lip stick. Mascara is fab. It really does give lots of extra volume and length without eyelashes going stiff.

Latest posts

Back