Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just saw that link - ****** hell, she looks like she is piling on the pounds each time she is on our screens. Like I mentioned before, she will struggle now she is well in her 60's to shift this.

Udders 😂😂 Past her ever growing belly now I think, still she thinks she has big boobs and doesn't have a belly, otherwise why dress like she does.

I disagree about her not looking her age. Last few years I think she now looks her age, especially around the eyes and jawline. Debbie Flint, I agree about, looks a few years younger. I think Claire Sutton has put on a few pounds but has the figure to pull it off more that the likes of Julia.

I do agree with Twilight, she should retire. In fact she should of retired a fair few years ago and gone out at a higher level and well regarded and remembered, as an attractive and knowledgeable presenter. Who would the new household husbands favourite be then though...CHuntley :eek:
I dont think Julia should retire shes still one of the best presenters on QVC yes she ageing but we all are!

No, we're generally quite unobservant & at the moment we're all concentrating on other things to bother about someone's choice of shoes. I woke up one day when I was 13 with spots, huge angry spots. This was in the early 1970s & teenage make up didn't really exist, my mum had beautiful skin so had never experienced this trauma & just told me that nobody would look at me when I was out! I now understand what she meant but at the time I thought that I'd stop the traffic becuse I looked so awful, fortunately one of out lovely neighbours bought me a Boots 17 spot stick & I could face the world with these mountains coloured Medium rather than scarlet.

No of course nobody would notice my shoes! It was the ‘Waitrose of the North‘ though!I just thought my reaction was funny going back to years ago when what you wore/ looked like really mattered, it never really leaves you.Retirement does have it’s advantages although we are been seen by nobody at the moment the makeup is on & hair done every day.

It’s the voice and gurning on top of the arrogance, intimidation and letting guests know their place through passive aggressiveness and sarcasm for me, she’s trying to talk all girly, Claire Sutton style, but why though I wonder, we all know she’s not eight.
You’re right there. Caught a few second of her and the gurning was in overdrive. Add to that the girly voice and flirty glances at the camera and she just looks foolish. I used to think she was a good presenter years ago but she is now unwatchable.

You’re right there. Caught a few second of her and the gurning was in overdrive. Add to that the girly voice and flirty glances at the camera and she just looks foolish. I used to think she was a good presenter years ago but she is now unwatchable.

Thanks Evie yeah I seen the looks, she must know what she comes across like, but the praise they’re fed makes them delusional and must really send their ego through the roof, same as Chuntley, now she’s really off the scale ridiculous. Hope you and yours are safe and well Evie, take care of yourself ❤ xx

No of course nobody would notice my shoes! It was the ‘Waitrose of the North‘ though!I just thought my reaction was funny going back to years ago when what you wore/ looked like really mattered, it never really leaves you.Retirement does have it’s advantages although we are been seen by nobody at the moment the makeup is on & hair done every day.
I love 'Waitrose of the North'. Caring about how we look is important for self worth as far as I'm concerned & doing hair & make up also maintains a level of normality; life for our cat & rabbit hasn't changed & they still groom themselves! You've got style Silver Fox.

Julia has been at the Q since Day One & maybe that makes her see herself in a different league from the others, I can remember her once saying that she was Queen Bee but I can't think of the context. Our character doesn't change as we age so I think she's always been what our daughter would call 'showy offy', however, in earlier years the presenters presented, no social media, no stylists, no personal stories & so what we saw with her was someone who did her homework & did her job which was all I wanted. One of the things I decided to do during lockdown was reorganise our understairs cloakroom that's full of his stuff. Yesterday was the day & the amount that came out filled the floors of the hall, sitting room & most of the kitchen. I knew that my wedding dress was in there & had hoped to find all my Laura Ashley dresses - that hope was in vain, however, I did find two Centigrade coats, both smart 'wool' ones & a large & very solid plastic bear, made to look as though it's made from carved wood, that sparkles with tiny lights. I stood knee deep in stuff looking at this bizarre object & did have the thought that whoever sold him to me must have really had the gift of the gab & can only assume it's from the Q, sold to me by Queen Julia many years ago.

I just saw that link - ****** hell, she looks like she is piling on the pounds each time she is on our screens. Like I mentioned before, she will struggle now she is well in her 60's to shift this.

Udders 😂😂 Past her ever growing belly now I think, still she thinks she has big boobs and doesn't have a belly, otherwise why dress like she does.

I disagree about her not looking her age. Last few years I think she now looks her age, especially around the eyes and jawline. Debbie Flint, I agree about, looks a few years younger. I think Claire Sutton has put on a few pounds but has the figure to pull it off more that the likes of Julia.

I do agree with Twilight, she should retire. In fact she should of retired a fair few years ago and gone out at a higher level and well regarded and remembered, as an attractive and knowledgeable presenter. Who would the new household husbands favourite be then though...CHuntley :eek:
I know we moan about Del boy, but she has a lovely face.

I love 'Waitrose of the North'. Caring about how we look is important for self worth as far as I'm concerned & doing hair & make up also maintains a level of normality; life for our cat & rabbit hasn't changed & they still groom themselves! You've got style Silver Fox.
Please can we have a bunny pic? Why doesn't puss eat/bother him?

I know we moan about Del boy, but she has a lovely face.

Please can we have a bunny pic? Why doesn't puss eat/bother him?
I'll try. All our animals have been rescues but Sox is the most nervous one we've ever had & he just keep clear of all other animals, even little blind Archie. He has killed birds, the one aspect of being a cat lover I hate, but when he gets hold of a mouse he brings it home alive & well & leaves it in the bathroom for some bizarre reason - at least easy to find rather than under the bed in a spare room!

I'll try. All our animals have been rescues but Sox is the most nervous one we've ever had & he just keep clear of all other animals, even little blind Archie. He has killed birds, the one aspect of being a cat lover I hate, but when he gets hold of a mouse he brings it home alive & well & leaves it in the bathroom for some bizarre reason - at least easy to find rather than under the bed in a spare room!

Ohlordy.......I couldn't stand the mice

Julia has been at the Q since Day One & maybe that makes her see herself in a different league from the others, I can remember her once saying that she was Queen Bee but I can't think of the context. Our character doesn't change as we age so I think she's always been what our daughter would call 'showy offy', however, in earlier years the presenters presented, no social media, no stylists, no personal stories & so what we saw with her was someone who did her homework & did her job which was all I wanted. One of the things I decided to do during lockdown was reorganise our understairs cloakroom that's full of his stuff. Yesterday was the day & the amount that came out filled the floors of the hall, sitting room & most of the kitchen. I knew that my wedding dress was in there & had hoped to find all my Laura Ashley dresses - that hope was in vain, however, I did find two Centigrade coats, both smart 'wool' ones & a large & very solid plastic bear, made to look as though it's made from carved wood, that sparkles with tiny lights. I stood knee deep in stuff looking at this bizarre object & did have the thought that whoever sold him to me must have really had the gift of the gab & can only assume it's from the Q, sold to me by Queen Julia many years ago.

So true ! the other night Jill Franks was presenting on her own, and was a disaster at it. She can get away with all the 'honey' and "we are so alike" chit chat when she's with someone, but on her own she was rambling, and every other sentence she repeated the item no. constantly.

I'm also fed up with the video links on here and on the news. I'm sick of looking at ****** bookcases and the loss of sound and the delay in waiting for the other person to speak. We sent a man to the moon 50 years ago and yet technology isn't good enough to get sound from a few miles away. Rant over.

Thankfully I’ve never met Del Boy in real life, but those QVC promo photographs are airbrushed within an inch of their lives, Queen Julia’s and Del Boys go even further than that.

Well I think what was wrong with Jill the over day was the grief she was going through at the loss of her dog who sadly died. I know the pain of this and It can be very hard to keep your mind on your job. I noticed her voice quivers a couple of times.

I am on twitter as is she which is how I know about her loss. She is heartbroken.

Latest posts

Back