Tarte TSV 12/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On my word! Good value it my be, but another £50
Don’t know who’s buying all this stuff, is anyone wearing so much new makeup and clothing these days.
I’ve worn a bit of makeup once since March when I was allowed to nip in the Drs masked for a vitb12 injection
Won’t be buying :rolleyes:

ml for ml

Limited Edition for QVC 16-Pan Eyeshadow Palette (111g) - £39 direct for similar cost £12.33
NEW Big Ego Brow Pencil (pencil: 0.2g; gel: 2ml) - £22 direct cost £6.96
NEW Maracuja Juicy Lip (2.7g) in Hibiscus - £14 direct cost £4.42
NEW Foundation Brush - £29 direct cost £9.17
Babassu Foundcealer Skincare Foundation (30ml) £33 direct cost £10.43
1 x Lights Camera Lashes Mascara (7ml) - £21 direct cost £6.64

£158 direct from Tarte cost £49.95 incl p&p used in calculations , so just under a third of the Rrp.

On my word! Good value it my be, but another £50
Don’t know who’s buying all this stuff, is anyone wearing so much new makeup and clothing these days.
I’ve worn a bit of makeup once since March when I was allowed to nip in the Drs masked for a vitb12 injection
Won’t be buying :rolleyes:
Very true, I love a bit of make up but working from home I don't bother at all, i just cleanse and moisturize, and may put a bit on over the weekend, which makes me feel a bit better, but as LOTL says I live in hope!

The set is very nice, the price not so much. Good value but do I want to spend another £50 on makeup, however much I fancy a treat?

And can I face another day’s work to investigate which foundation shade I need?! I can try the shade matcher websites and will get a suggestion of one of the 30 shades Tarte do in this. Which is all very well but what do QVC do? They give us just 6 shade choices in the TSV and all with different names so then I’ve got to work out which QVC one is closest to the Tarte direct one.

I know I don’t need it but I can look!

Last edited:
I put makeup on going into town once a week, yes I am wearing a mask and do think why? But the ritual of actually putting on makeup makes me feel hey things are sort or maybe could be normal.

For some reason, I was buying lipstick, Pat McGrath in her sale.

I am finding this TSV meh! The eyeshadow palette again mainly browns with the odd plum in there so just the same as every other Tarte eyeshadow palette in TSVs. I do not need foundations I think I have 8 different ones on the go. I get bored and if a new one comes out I go have a look.

Having just received this I’m extremely disappointed ☹ to find that the eyeshadow palette and brow pencil are made in China.

I think that’s me out! Thanks.

It is going to be really, really hard to avoid things made in China (I’ve tried before) but if I know that’s the case, I’m doing my best not to buy. Would selling them on eBay (if you have an account) make you feel better? Or were you mainly interested in the palette and wouldn’t have bought the TSV for the rest?

Do many sites state where things are made these days?

I think that’s me out! Thanks.

It is going to be really, really hard to avoid things made in China (I’ve tried before) but if I know that’s the case, I’m doing my best not to buy. Would selling them on eBay (if you have an account) make you feel better? Or were you mainly interested in the palette and wouldn’t have bought the TSV for the rest?

Do many sites state where things are made these days?

To be honest you need to know the brand. Chanel, Dior etc will be made in France, some brands made in Italy Pat McGrath is. Skincare and haircare rarely unless a Far Eastern brand. Makeup is very different. I would not trust any makeup brand sold on QVC not being made in China. Since Laura Geller sold no idea where her range is made now?

To be honest you need to know the brand. Chanel, Dior etc will be made in France, some brands made in Italy Pat McGrath is. Skincare and haircare rarely unless a Far Eastern brand. Makeup is very different. I would not trust any makeup brand sold on QVC not being made in China. Since Laura Geller sold no idea where her range is made now?

Thanks, Donna. This is the problem - the detective work needed before you decide whether or not to buy.

Donna I don’t know why you didn’t know Laura Geller is made over in Italy by Italian artisans applying the makeup to terracotta tiles then baking it in their ovens

View video from 5.50

😇😂🥳

Not sure 🤔

Attachments

• 4F61370E-A065-48C6-BFFF-0A0DA0BC43AD.jpeg
    4F61370E-A065-48C6-BFFF-0A0DA0BC43AD.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 169

Latest posts

Back