Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Selling a solar light in winter :oops: Price looks good. I know from experience (having a very similar one at front of house) that will not be a great product, a pale shadow of a mains one it just about generates enough to light in a space but it is feeble and not up to high traffic areas where it gets triggered a few times.

Bottom line - More shyte.

I've a mains one at the front door, and 4 off these in the backgarden, which are fine but have some cons, we get a lot of wind so any branches flowers moving sets them off, also neighbours cats, also during deepest darkest winter depending on position they are fixed they don't get enough light to charge up to last long or even come on.

solar.JPG

Come on Mike. £10 for 3 mini screwdrivers....he would pay the £10 6 days a week and twice on a Sunday!! Ok sure.....
So long as you’re not looking for Bergeon quality, there are plenty of Chinese made kits on eBay with all you need for around £10-£15 that include watch holders, openers, tweezers, spring bar pressers as well as 6 or 7 screwdrivers. As I say, they aren’t great quality, but they will definitely let you change batteries. Much better value than £10 for 3 no brand screwdrivers.
And as Hammy just said, I have to carry literally hundreds of different Renata button cell batteries in stock. Just giving away 6 won’t help!
🤣🤣

If you were watching Ideal World during its previous incarnation you may have been aware of the Mathey-Tissot watches that they frequently sold. Some of them might have been OK but this particular watch YouTuber has recently given the brand a good kicking:

Anyway I don't really bother with Ideal World much these days since every time I'm watching it seems to be complete rubbish market stall tat being desperately flogged which is about as appealing as Simon Peters demonstrating a back massager.

Buy three handbags..Buy ten dash-cams…Buy five hundred canes… They try this tactic all too desperately frequently. And often for the most unlikely types of items. They are often telling you to buy more than one…two…three…Yet there appears little incentive to do so offered in practical terms. If I’m going buy three plastic leopard skin handbags (I wouldn’t actually buy one), I would expect to have some sort of incentive of a price reduction as you would often get in high street shops where you are multi-buying their goods. But not on here you don’t. This may be the last time you see this handbag, she says. Somehow, I doubt that.

It's desperation, basically.

"Please, just buy this. Okay? Even if you don't need it, buy it. Buy all we have of it. I'm sick of bringing it to air, and management say the poor sales mean I'm not good enough for a prime time slot".

Last edited:
your

your parents aren’t wrong about forums in general. I’ve been on some scary ones in the past. My first one Years ago was a channel 4 big brother forum, needed a Kevlar jacket and a helmet to post on there. On the other side during my time posting on there i also made a group of friends I’m still in touch with today.

Ooff, yes. The C4 Big Brother forum a hell pit. I bowed out and switched to the Digital Spy sub-forum, which was okay for a time but it ended up going the same way.

Mike has the 2004 rear view mirror attached dashcam.....Mikes wordly advice suggests if some one has road rage with you and hammering your passanger window the step you should take is "turn your dashcam to the mad man and say your aggresive actions are worrying me!" :oops: yeah that will cool the mad man right down i'm sure......worst piece of advice do whatever the opposite of that advice is would be my actions!!

I missed him tonight. No, not in that way. I meant I wasn’t in. Is he trying that ridiculous scenario with the dash cam again. You know, the one with the madman at your car window wanting to smash his way into your car. And his advice is to point your plastic cheap and nasty dash cam at him and start filming him with it. As you are doing this he produces an axe and smashes it into your windscreen - incensed by your use of vintage technology. Great advice on how to inflame an already dangerous situation.

Interesting shot. He does look grandly pissed off with the ‘look’ and the negative body language. Regardless of his actual culinary skills, he presents himself as a chef, and having to work in that ridiculously confined kitchen space, can’t be much fun.

I wonder what everybody was told when TJC decided to bring back the name. You’d need an insider to tell you, so we can only speculate. But you do wonder if a new studio was promised and it is either dragging on much longer than was expected, or was a new studio etc.. always going to be sales dependant? That’s a hard one to work out because if sales are really strong in the space they have, then why would they need to have a new studio? There seems absolutely no effort to bring in higher priced and bigger products that would need more space. The ‘bigger guns’ - the Masons and the Simons etc..- why would they even care where and what they sell? If they are being paid well relatively for doing it, that’s probably enough. People like the ‘cook’ on much less money and appearances would focus on those space issues more.

Why did TJC bring back a name that‘s failed twice already in the first place? Then front it with presenters who were on the rota of the last two failed versions. Then launch it with bare minimum studio space, promos and relentless cheap and small items at not particularly competitive prices? A rush to get started, then progress? Six months or so later, it’s the identical situation. Other than presenter costs, everything seems to be done to the bare minimum amount of cost. Maybe that’s the way they see success this time around compared to the previous versions. Did they simply bring back the name to cement the existing channel spots, and give the whole thing a number of months on trial? Or will they eventually cease the Ideal World idea and put other plans into reality on that current space? Regardless, those bigger name presenters will simply show up again on some other rebranding if this new version does end at some point.

I only became a member of this forum yesterday evening.

Since the rebirth of Ideal World Mark 3 last year, I have thought long and hard about this exact question of why TJC brought back a company name that had twice failed.

One reason I came up with is over the years Ideal World had created a unique position for itself in TV Shopping, and rightly or wrongly, the owners of TJC must think they can use that to help continue their market growth. TJC hopes everyone forgets about the 2 failed versions.

The other reason is as you mentioned. They bought it for the channel number, moved TJC Beauty from channel 21 to 51, and rebranded it as Ideal World. They were able to achieve a win-win situation by selling beauty products while also opening another outlet to sell mostly pure tat. Regarding the presenters. Because they were the faces of Ideal World, you only had to read messages on the Facebook page asking about certain presenters and whether they were coming back. Certain presenters are loved by certain individuals. That's my take, anyway.

John Campbell, who isn't a chef, was the best chef. He is superior to the current person, who is also not a chef, when looking at the food he cooks. I have no doubt that John Campbell is also much more affordable.

Latest posts

Back