Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My mum used to love that, along with Prisoner Cell Block H.
Sadly so did I. And used to watch Crossroads (for a laugh). Reg Watson was the original producer of Crossroads. He went on to create Prisoner Cell Block H, Sons and Daughters and Neighbours to name a few. The only soap I actually still watch is Neighbours so I am indeed a very sad induvial 😄

I went back and watched some of the Pheobe and Peter stuff from earlier. It started off as if it could be a section of the generation game. Then Peter goes into explain how we need sanitisers for our bathroom because he has a bladder and dribbling problem. Too much information she said, but he continued. And then went on to talk about Ray ban ovens. Oh dear

Sadly so did I. And used to watch Crossroads (for a laugh). Reg Watson was the original producer of Crossroads. He went on to create Prisoner Cell Block H, Sons and Daughters and Neighbours to name a few. The only soap I actually still watch is Neighbours so I am indeed a very sad induvial 😄
Sons & Daughters must have started around school leaving time, because my mum was always watching it when I came home from primary school and then secondary school, until it ended late in 1989. My mum was more into Home & Away.

Dr. Edwards and Pieter van Tiregonneflat selling mugs to mugs. Sad to see two serious Hollyoaks and Milk Tray ad respected thespians behaving like a pair of old women, hawking crockery. A future antique, Professor Edwards says. Future antiques presented by two acting ones.

Biggest shopping television presenting style disappointment for me, is Edwards. I thought he would sell in a similar style to Rob (where did he go?). But no, not his chosen style at all. More similar to a posh Sally Jacks. A shame - because he could be so much better if he chose to be.

Even by their standards, two middle-aged men discussing tea cups and saucers is a complete waste of resources. Wait for the Clarice Cliff £10,000 tea set price comparison….In what way does Van Stereoburntout bring anything to the table with this, other than a plate of chocolate fingers. They call him Doe Boy, don’t they? He’ll do anything for a fast buck…No shame in what he’ll purport to be an expert in on here.

Peter V is now a teapot expert
I can't remember who he was on with yesterday (may have been Edwards, I was literally quickly flicking through the channels quickly) but they were selling mugs again then.

Disingenuous was on the shift before so maybe it's pay Gen get Peter thrown in for free? Or maybe he just lingers around the studio hoping for some TV time. I do find it amusing though when he gets wheeled out for all these different products, supposedly an "expert" on them all.

Channel 5 should do a Show Shopping TV Presenters who were famous

This show promotes Shopping TV Presenters in 2024 but were famous. This includes Peter Simon, Jeremy Edwards, Peter V, Sally Jacks. And former Legs & Co member Julia Robert’s looks back at her time on TOTP

Edwards just picks prices out of the sky. You can spend £100 on a designer candle, he says.. Yes.- and you can spend £250k on a new Ferrari, but in pimpernel diffuser motoring terms…At £12.99 you are selling a Morris Ital..

Nice one…Corded vacuums have become desirable again…Cue them selling one…

Latest posts

Back