Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have watched shopping television since the later 1990s and written about it since the early 2000s. I’ve seen most of the well known channels that have come and the many that have gone over those years. The good, the bad, the more accomplished, and the shaking scenery, cringemaking variety. I have bought from QVC on a number of occasions, from the previous versions of Ideal World, and at times I have seen items I at least considered buying from the others along the way. What is unique with this latest version of Ideal World, is that in six months or so of broadcasting, it has never even come close to showcasing a product I would either give house room to, or if one was of the remotest interest to me, at a price point that offered any incentive to take the risk and ‘Ave a Buy’. In the main, just countless examples of low rent, uncompetitively priced, unbranded, plastic-type items, Chinese made watches, fragrances I’ve never heard of, deadly dull bedding, and rent-a-tent type clothing. The only thing that has kept me watching is the entertainment factor of just how bad it all is. I try and picture their typical buyer, and I genuinely cannot visualise one in anything other than in a pastiche, ‘Carry On Shopping’ stereotypical way.

Last edited:
Thé TJC offer has miraculously disappeared but can clearly be seen in the screen shot I took at 5am this morning.

Attachments

• 6BFECF0A-00E0-4352-85DC-13A92D090812.jpeg
    6BFECF0A-00E0-4352-85DC-13A92D090812.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 0
Good Morning. Dr. Edwards here for my morning shopping medical gadgets surgery with Nurse Howzyerself. You have seven minutes of my extremely valuable time…Then…GET OUT!!

Now…before you bother an extremely busy clinician like myself any further with your tedious medical trivialities.. Examine this wonderful Chinese made £1.99 camping light remedy for failing eyesight. Look at..(Oh…sorry)..in your case, feel the sumptuous plastic casing, and rub the lovely clinical buttons… I prescribe that you actually pay for two, and hang one from each ear as the first solution to your terribly monotonous giddiness problems…Also…I recommend two air fried chopped potatoes for maintaining torso balance - a chip on both shoulders…

Nurse Van Jumpstaart??? Get this wretched patient out of my surgery…They refuse to pay anything…

Weirdly if you Google that mop not only is it cheeper on Amazon but aTJC add quotes it at a lower price too. However if you follow the TJC link the price has gone back up to the same as IW current special deal price

Attachments

• 0BD9342E-60F7-4F99-B972-E0E0A3388A41.png
    0BD9342E-60F7-4F99-B972-E0E0A3388A41.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I wish they’d put the how many items left/how many sold box in the bottom corner of the screen, like TJC do. IW used to have more customers and sales than TJC, but the items were branded and cheap. The dwindling viewing figures were one reason they blamed for going bust. How many old IW viewers are buying this cheap tat? Somebody must be buying some, but are we talking double figure sales, or in the hundreds, well for certain items, maybe.

Latest posts

Back