Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thé TJC offer has miraculously disappeared but can clearly be seen in the screen shot I took at 5am this morning.

I don't half cringe when they show these selly telly "fitness" products being used by incredibly ripped, fit, athletic people.

Bearing in mind that IW sells to people with names like Edith, Gladys, Bet, Cyril… 👀

Also, more general point, the woman demoing that stepper in the TJC website pic did not get in that shape using a flippin' stepper. And she wouldn't be able to maintain that shape using a flippin' stepper. For her, a stepper will do nothing. This is why you don't see standalone steppers in gyms*.

No-one interested in fitness would ever use one — unless being paid to model it ofc. They're an aid for people with limited mobility who don't walk or can't walk and need a very basic, low-impact method of just moving muscles that the rest of us move (with more impact) daily - and most of us don't look like Miss 8-pack from the pic.

*There is something similar to a stepper on elliptical bikes but elliptical bikes are massive because they're designed for full body, very fast/intense, and weight-resisted/incline workouts - more like a stationary way to "run" and workout arms at the same time.

When they have 2 presenters on TJC, they just say what it is, put the price up, have a little chat about it, then if many aren't been sold., send it to the website and move onto the next item. Why do IW feel the need for all the BS and made up stories, to sell the same items. It is only a handful of presenters that do this, but these will be classed as IW top presenters, from the time slots they mostly work.

It goes back to who is actually behind the format for the shows? Is it Hodgson? He can’t be in two places at once, surely? Or have they essentially allowed the shows’ style and content to having significant input on those things from the Bid-Up Three? To be honest, from the outside looking in, it looks like the style is being driven by a small group of the presenters, and some youngsters in the Gallery to me. And when a different presenter from a different background like Rob, with differing ideas from the others gets a slot, the juvenile behaviour and the ridiculous price comparisons people like Edwards and Simon etc. embrace, seems to get kicked into touch.

Just stick him on Oxford Street with three tumblers, some dice, a couple of lookouts, and an open suitcase of these socks. He’d probably bring in more money.

It’s an interesting and a questionable technique…You first say something WILL help to set the seed of belief. And then immediately after it, you say it MAY help. Simon is doing it numerous times with these wretched socks. And still he doesn’t sell any?
A couple of years ago I saw people doing the three cup trick on Westminster Bridge, at that time you would see about 5 groups of men on there doing it. I witnessed a couple (young-ish but old enough to know better) lose £20. They weren't happy but I can't believe people are that gullible.

I did think Andy was pulling the strings, but it would be much more laid back if he was, going from his presenting style on TJC. Plus he has other jobs, aside from TJC, so won’t have the time. Looking in, I’d say rent a gob has her feet under the table, just because you hardly ever see her with the crappy tat to sell, like all the other presenters get lumbered with.

Sometimes I feel I need to grow some backbone, If I’m honest I’ve felt down since Peter was doing his full Mobility BS Earlier

It’s ok for him to take the piss, as far as I’m aware he never had a Stroke at 14, which was a big fing one, that 30 years later, I haven’t fully recovered, he’s a BS Muppet
Please don't change who you are. He's an idiotic, vile, crude insensitive prat. He has absolutely no understanding of the effect of his words and probably doesn't care. Maybe one day he will be really ill (not the crap he talks about on TV) and may need mobility aids that are fit for purpose.

If anybody from the gallery is reading this please feel free to prove me wrong. Tell me about his acts of kindness and philanthropy. And don't just come over as an aggressive twit of low intelligence, explain properly. And you can explain why he has to be so crude. Or get him on here instead (if he's not on here already) to explain himself.

Latest posts

Back