Aimee Kestenberg TSV 18/03/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd never heard of the brand before until one of the Qurio's posted a bright pink one she'd paid over £100 for, ok the colour was nice if pink bags are your thing but the quality sucked by the looks of it, the whip stitching around the edges was uneven, the flap was uneven and the strap was a tangled mess. These are incredibly ordinary looking and aren't screaming luxury to me!

One of my biggest QVC mistakes (there have been so many over the years it's hard to pick them out) was a Bruce Makowsky rich brown leather shoulder bag with rose gold trimmings. It looked gorgeous but weighed a ton so I hardly ever used it and someone at a charity shop will have got a good buy - if they could carry it. All these big "designer" bags remind me of that waste of money. Give me my old-but-still-look-new Kipling bags every day. I've got shoulder problems so don't need a big, heavy bag before I've put anything into it.

Kipling prices have shot up and the variety in design and fabrics are nowhere near as interesting as they were years ago. I bought one recently the first in years for a travelling holiday but got it from the Kipling website at reduced cost.I would not pay the full price.

The time when you could get a decent size new Kipling bag for the £30 mark is now long gone. I don't buy any more because what I've got (from Q and ebay) will see me out.
Thats the thing though they may cost a lot of money but they last forever. Good zips, extra long cross body straps and lots of colours a designs. I do buy leather (not from QVC) but stick to the very high end shops in Bond Street etc for far far less money than made for QVC offerings

Aimee Kestenberg 5th Avenue Convertible Leather Shoulder Bag
Item Number: 405069
QVC Price £229.92
Todays Special Value Price £159.96
P&P £4.95

The 5th Avenue handbag from Aimee Kestenberg is a convertible leather shoulder bag, perfect for accessorising casual and smart outfits alike. Its medium size and multi-compartment style means you can carry more than just your essentials with you, ideal if you can't put that book down, won't go anywhere without your trusty notepad or need to do your make-up on the go. One of the best features though? The ability to convert it from a shoulder to a cross-body using the two removable straps - yes please!

Only at QVC - this Aimee Kestenberg handbag is currently only available at QVC. Get yours and join the club!

Choose your colour - a mix of designs greet you in the six options this stylish bag comes in. Vanilla is a top pick for spring/summer, certain to brighten up any look, while the metallic finish of Pewter will make your outfits shine. Black or Chestnut Tan provide that classic leather finish, or for something a little different, Pastel Snake or Denim will bring a touch of texture.

• Convertible design
  • Press stud closure
  • Removable and adjustable cross-body strap
  • Removable shoulder strap
  • Outer: leather; lining: cotton, polyester
  • Outer pockets: 1 x back slip with press stud fastening, 3 x zip
  • Inner pockets: 1 x zip, 2 x slip
  • Comes with a dust cover
  • Shoulder strap drop: 29.1cm (11.5")
  • Adjustable cross-body strap drop: 53.3cm - 58.4cm (21" - 23")
  • Bag (l x w x h): 30.5cm x 11.4cm x 27.9cm (12" x 4.5" x 11")
  • Spot clean only

Colour options:

• Vanilla
  • Black
  • Pastel Snake
  • Pewter
  • Chestnut Tan
  • Denim

All measurements are approximate

Kipling bags don't look like a luxury brand, but what they charge for them are close to luxury brand prices.
But, in my opinion, the practicality, organisation and quality of Kipling is worth it. I struggled to get two school years out of any other bag but Kipling could take everything I threw at it: paperwork, planner, diary, syllabus, marking, books, pencil cases, water bottles, Covid kit, food, glue, keys, etc etc.
Kipling bags saved me money because I don’t need to replace them so often. For everyday and travel, can’t be beaten.
Bought my daughter Kipling rucksack in 2016 for sixth form, used everyday for folders, text books and still going strong now, used for travel, days out etc. Her “designer” rucksack she bought for her first job wore out after a year and needed replacing.
The initial spend on Kipling is worth it, I believe.

But, in my opinion, the practicality, organisation and quality of Kipling is worth it. I struggled to get two school years out of any other bag but Kipling could take everything I threw at it: paperwork, planner, diary, syllabus, marking, books, pencil cases, water bottles, Covid kit, food, glue, keys, etc etc.
Kipling bags saved me money because I don’t need to replace them so often. For everyday and travel, can’t be beaten.
Bought my daughter Kipling rucksack in 2016 for sixth form, used everyday for folders, text books and still going strong now, used for travel, days out etc. Her “designer” rucksack she bought for her first job wore out after a year and needed replacing.
The initial spend on Kipling is worth it, I believe.
I agree about the initial spend being well worth it. I bought a brown Kipling backpack in 2011 for £60.00 on the IOW in a tiny boutique and it has been used since for multiple trips away, hospital stays, shopping etc. It’s the little details that I love especially that there are two little bars that clip the ends away tidily at the back so that they don’t flap about lol.

You don[t have to spend a fortune on them, either. Just look on ebay where people can't get rid of them fast enough and there are bargains to be had. Admittedly they're not fashion leaders and some of them can look a bit boring but they do the job better than "your" (to quote QVC) Radley/Aimee K/Lulu etc bags, and weight, durability and practicality are issues for me now.

I have two Kipling shoulder bags, one for summer and one for winter. They have lasted fairly well. The long back zip on one of them has stuck and I can't move it either way and there are a few too many compartments in the bags, imo. Sometimes I need to hunt though them to find what I want. They are small sized bags. I couldn't bear to have a huge bag containing things I 'might' need.

I know lots were saying the bag is boring. For a pricier bag in particular I prefer a boring bag provided it's a timeless silhouette. I like the back but hate the flap.... and I don't want it to be heavy at the outset.

Latest posts

Back