Lately, this is difficult, but.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ant7t

Registered Shopper
Being serious: ignoring 'certain' presenters, or presenters in general, of late, but can anyone think of anything 'nice' to say about Gemporia and it's babies? Maybe back in the day, but not so much now. But try, just for a bit of positivity ;) I can't think of anything off the top of my head, so it will probably be a very short thread :p

My MIL recently gave me a 18ct set of stud Amethyst earrings and a ring to match.
I wanted a cheap bracelet to wear with them.
I've never bought from Gemporia before and have only flicked through while the TV is on.
I decided to look on there for the bracelet I was wanted and seen one for under a tenner. It arrived and honestly I am pleased with it.
Today I've been off . Going through the channels I stopped to actually watch properly.
Dear Lord. I came across a presenter called Lyndsey selling some pieces of Jewellery on a wheel. My head hurts from the countless times she used the word " Amazing" . Honestly it was ridiculous! She became overly animated claiming great deals as it's her birthday presentation. Voice going up in octaves.. hands waving. I tried to turn over but was fascinated. Then it was time to sell a candle. Tat I can get from anywhere for cheaper price. It went on & on & on. Again with the repeat "Amazing" along with buy as many as you can.. this deal will never be repeated.. I've never seen anything like this before...
I'm honestly exhausted watching her. I finally turned over as I just couldn't take anymore of her.
I'm that bewildered I actually came online to see if there was anything on Gemporia to see if I wasn't the only one. Then found this site.
I've watched it today and I agree.. I just can't!
Having discovered this site though and the read up I'm curious 🤔 I'm going to have to check the others out especially Dave Troth? To see for myself 🤣

My MIL recently gave me a 18ct set of stud Amethyst earrings and a ring to match.
I've never bought from Gemporia before and have only flicked through while the TV is on.
I decided to look on there for the bracelet I was wanted and seen one for under a tenner. It arrived and honestly I am pleased with it.
Today I've been off . Going through the channels I stopped to actually watch properly.
Dear Lord. I came across a presenter called Lyndsey selling some pieces of Jewellery on a wheel. My head hurts from the countless times she used the word " Amazing" . Honestly it was ridiculous! She became overly animated claiming great deals as it's her birthday presentation. Voice going up in octaves.. hands waving. I tried to turn over but was fascinated. Then it was time to sell a candle. Tat I can get from anywhere for cheaper price. It went on & on & on. Again with the repeat "Amazing" along with buy as many as you can.. this deal will never be repeated.. I've never seen anything like this before...
I'm honestly exhausted watching her. I finally turned over as I just couldn't take anymore of her.
I'm that bewildered I actually came online to see if there was anything on Gemporia to see if I wasn't the only one. Then found this site.
Having discovered this site though and the read up I'm curious 🤔 I'm going to have to check the others out especially Dave Troth? To see for myself 🤣
I did see some positivity in that post, thanks. Lindsey is still on, and still as OTT as when you saw her earlier, along with Toby Cavill. Dave: he Postively (see what I did?) loves Jade and its variations, along with giant 'snail' shell :p Was the bracelet stretchy? NOT being terrible, but if it is, maybe re-thread it ;) But joking aside, welcome and good to see you have a good word for Gems. :)

You need to be discriminating and make comparisons with similar in the market before buying but Gemporia does still offer very good value for money in terms of quality and price. I recently bought a van cleef look alike mother of pearl bracelet in Midas rose gold for a great price and it is beautiful. I have some Alex Monroe items also gold plated and much more expensive and quality the same. Same goes for a blue topaz Midas tennis bracelet from Gemporia which I doubt you could source elsewhere at the price and it is stunning. Some presenters are more tolerable than others but I tend to focus on the product ...!

Some presenters are more tolerable than others but I tend to focus on the product ...!
I try to do that too, but on those occasions, I listen with one ear, or on mute, until I see what it is I am interested in.

I did see some positivity in that post, thanks. Lindsey is still on, and still as OTT as when you saw her earlier, along with Toby Cavill. Dave: he Postively (see what I did?) loves Jade and its variations, along with giant 'snail' shell :p Was the bracelet stretchy? NOT being terrible, but if it is, maybe re-thread it ;) But joking aside, welcome and good to see you have a good word for Gems. :)
It was sterling silver.. good value for under £10.
I don't need anymore jewellery, so I doubt I'll be buying anything else..
But having gone through some of the pointers on this thread about
" treatments" they use on their gems, something I'd never heard off before so I'm going to watch tomorrow 🤦..I'm off work, so can to see what other presenters are like 😁 and to see the quality comparisons.. ..they probably throw in a good few bargains to entice..😏

It was sterling silver.. good value for under £10.
I don't need anymore jewellery, so I doubt I'll be buying anything else..
But having gone through some of the pointers on this thread about
" treatments" they use on their gems, something I'd never heard off before so I'm going to watch tomorrow 🤦..I'm off work, so can to see what other presenters are like 😁 and to see the quality comparisons.. ..they probably throw in a good few bargains to entice..😏
Have fun, and it's surprising what you learn on a forum about shopping ;) Not joking, either.

You need to be discriminating and make comparisons with similar in the market before buying but Gemporia does still offer very good value for money in terms of quality and price. I recently bought a van cleef look alike mother of pearl bracelet in Midas rose gold for a great price and it is beautiful. I have some Alex Monroe items also gold plated and much more expensive and quality the same. Same goes for a blue topaz Midas tennis bracelet from Gemporia which I doubt you could source elsewhere at the price and it is stunning. Some presenters are more tolerable than others but I tend to focus on the product ...!

The thing is, Gemporia like to price compare against these brands, but they only ever compare the product, rather than the 'package'.

Gemporia offer a, quite frankly, disgusting 6 months warranty on their jewellery. Monica Vinader might be double the price - but they offer a 5 year warranty. Also, if plating comes of Gemporia jewellery (which I've found that it does, and very quickly), that's it - item ruined. Monica Vinader have a policy in place where, if plating comes off, they replace the item under warranty.

Unlike Gemporia, Monica Vinader actually stand by the quality of their products.

I've just had a quick look - and Van Cleefs & Arples offer a whopping 8 year guarantee on purchases made since 2020. Before 2020, their policy was 5 years.

6 months is fine for the 'Under £20' kind of stuff - but a 6 months warranty on supposed 'heirloom' quality £3000 Lorique rings is a disgrace.

Alex Monroe items are individually hand made in Britain too - whereas Gemporia's stuff is mass produced in India, China or some other cheap that manufactures cheaply.

So for what it is, and what you get as part of the 'package', I find a lot of Gemporia stuff these days to be overpriced.

Gemporia name those brands as their 'rivals' anyway - but those brands are 'higher end' brands. Gemporia are not higher end. Their rivals are the likes of H Samuel and F Hinds.

Gemporia made their name on reasonable quality jewellery at really good prices. These days, neither of these can be said for them.

Last edited:
Enjoy wearing your jewellery, and glad you found a bracelet you wanted.

I'm delighted to say that you have a real treat in store if you watch Dave Troth. Just watch out for the angry stare (the 'I'm looking at you' aka the 'stop sniggering at the back' one - you'll quickly realise what I mean), and for him to throw teddy in the corner because they're selling off the jewellery 'too cheap'. Nobody's yet broken the news to him that businesses are in business to make money, and that no business can effectively run at a loss for ever. But apart from all this, he's a 'must see'. Come back and tell us what you think!

Latest posts

Back