Gemporia - ASA 'final warning' - AT LAST!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Steve Bennett really should not be able to say the things he is saying on the TV.

Currently he is maintaining that his kids have scarlet fever as they are too young to take his probiotics

He's a hypocrite.

He was on one of the social media platforms (TikTok I think it was) a couple of weeks ago, calling out Birds Eye for being misleading because it said "100% Chicken Breast" on a box of chicken that had other ingredients in it.

He had a valid point - but I don't think he's in a position to be playing 'holier than though' and taking the moral high ground when his own businesses are getting ASA warnings galore for............... misleading.

He's a hypocrite.

He was on one of the social media platforms (TikTok I think it was) a couple of weeks ago, calling out Birds Eye for being misleading because it said "100% Chicken Breast" on a box of chicken that had other ingredients in it.

Before he calls out other companies for being misleading, I think he needs to look a bit closer to home...........
Doesn't 100% chicken breast imply that the actual meat of the product is 100% chicken breast, as opposed to mixed meats, like leg and such. So, that's wrong for him to call them out, yes?

Doesn't 100% chicken breast imply that the actual meat of the product is 100% chicken breast, as opposed to mixed meats, like leg and such. So, that's wrong for him to call them out, yes?
A few people did point that out to him in the comments.

Steve saying "we shouldn't have to rely on the NHS"

A viewer messages in "Hi Steve. Can I take the thermogenic fat burner if I have high blood pressure".

Steve: "I'd advise you to speak to your doctor before taking supplements."

So, in order to not rely on the NHS, you need to seek the advise of your NHS doctor. Nice one!

Steve saying "we shouldn't have to rely on the NHS"

A viewer messages in "Hi Steve. Can I take the thermogenic fat burner if I have high blood pressure".

Steve: "I'd advise you to speak to your doctor before taking supplements."

So, in order to not rely on the NHS, you need to seek the advise of your NHS doctor. Nice one!
There were quite a few interesting claims on last nights show with Steve. I haven’t seen any primal shows in a long time and I was surprised at the comments he made claiming all the conditions that would be helped by various products he was shilling.

I worked for the NHS for a long time and I’d be interested to see some of the science behind his claims!

Steve Bennett really should not be able to say the things he is saying on the TV.

Currently he is maintaining that his kids have scarlet fever as they are too young to take his probiotics
That is shocking. I simply can't bear to watch him because of the way he goes on with his know it all attitude and the, in my opinion, insincere way he presents things.

There were quite a few interesting claims on last nights show with Steve. I haven’t seen any primal shows in a long time and I was surprised at the comments he made claiming all the conditions that would be helped by various products he was shilling.

I worked for the NHS for a long time and I’d be interested to see some of the science behind his claims!
I agree, it was like he was selling a cure all.

Then the 'I'm not here to sell my book' rubbish, 'oh, here it is, look how thick it is'. I cannot see many people wanting to wade through that when it is published. Even Jade Troth's monologues are shorter than that. Or maybe not :ROFLMAO:

And yet they've had a warning before about their health products:

The original company name of Primal Living was actually Primal Cure too for quite a while - but, without explanation, the name changed to Primal Living. Presumably because the name Primal Cure was misleading.......

Snake oil, anyone?

Then the 'I'm not here to sell my book' rubbish, 'oh, here it is, look how thick it is'. I cannot see many people wanting to wade through that when it is published. Even Jade Troth's monologues are shorter than that. Or maybe not :ROFLMAO:
He must think we're all thick, like the book! 🤣

Snake oil, anyone?
I hate the spiel when Primal is being flogged and, sadly, Steve comes out with some of the shadiest phrasing when he's on.

He was pushing his magnesium tablets and said "Yes, you can get magnesium from leafy greens but you don't know if they've been grown in soil". Just hints at this and says that a pill - only my pills, of course - is the answer. Magnesium deficiency can be a problem. You see it in sheep, where the lush grass has grown fast in wet, warm weather and the sheep process it too quickly to get the magnesium into their system (the "staggers") - but sheep eat one thing, mainly. If he was slamming hydroponics as a growing method by implication, he's on dodgy ground too.

I just hate the push of these companies who schill powders (e.g. Huel) and tablets. The answer is almost always to "eat the rainbow" and have a sensible approach to food. If you have a noticeable deficiency that affects you, your NHS doctor might suggest a supplement as a remedy (usually saying "buy quality", which is a nightmare to understand) but my limited experience is that doctors are ambivalent about the proven medical benefits of any dietary supplements, mineral or oil.

If Steve really wanted to "fix the NHS" he'd create some form of "Nutrition Academy" and get into schools to increase the education about diet. Push pills, by all means, compete in the mass and growing market, but cut the righteous saviour complex.

In my opinion.

The answer is almost always to "eat the rainbow" and have a sensible approach to food.
Only because I didn't want to quote your whole post, but I agree. (Not that I do have a sensible approace ;) ) but many places say if you eat 5 colours a day, you have a balanced diet. And talking of supplements. When you see on Primal, 'the body' doesn't produce 'x' mineral, why do they make it to give to the body? Being serious, if the body doesn't make it, it is obviously not essential to 'life', if at all needed.

Being serious, if the body doesn't make it, it is obviously not essential to 'life', if at all needed.

If someone is already affected by the lack of a particular vitamin already through poor diet or a disorder, eating that particular "rainbow piece" is important, but might not be sufficient due to amount that required to be consumed through eating or absorption problems. That is where the supplements (or infusions) might be required.

Sadly there are plenty of vitamins and minerals that our bodies do not synthesize, but they are nevertheless are essential to the health and well-being.

(For example Humans are the only mammalian species that do not make Vit C! which is hugely important for immunity and health)

Getting the nutrients and vitamins from "the rainbow" is the BEST, but not many people can or do (myself included :))

But Steve Bennets "educational" speeches on Human Physiology and Microbiology make my ears bleed!!
The last time I was listening to him selling the Primal probiotics, he spoke about "The Covid Bacteria"?? whilst claiming that washing produce before consuming it weakens the Immune system?

His speeches when selling Primal are embarrassing in their ignorance to basic sciences. What a bumptious ignoramus - Mr NHS saviour!

His claims on the benefits (that he states) and the superiority of his products over the cheaper alternatives or indeed the natural sources are dodgy to say the least! I am not against supplements at all. I am against his false statements and claims when he comes on with Primal!

It's of little surprise that Gemporia keep getting various warnings off the ASA when the shady speeches and dodgy practices are coming from the very top.

Some of the nonsense that Steve was spouting the other day was disgraceful as well as, surprise surprise, misleading.

Also, as I've said before, if Steve was really that bothered about helping people's health then why is his Probiotic so weak?

His is just 6 Billion CFU - compared to Bioglan, who's is 20 Billion CFU. Costco also do a 20 Billion CFU own-branded product which is very similar in price to Steve's.

Primal Living vs Bioglan

If Steve was all about making everyone healthier, he'd have had a comparably strong product, if not stronger, for a similar price.

In reality, he offers a weaker product that is not competitively priced - so, it's profit margin over anything else as priority it would seem.

Some of the nonsense that Steve was spouting the other day was disgraceful as well as, surprise surprise, misleading.
On again today, with his fibre stuffs. Apparently potatoes are sugar. End of story.

Like Brighthunter and Jade Troth, I jumped ship.

On again today, with his fibre stuffs. Apparently potatoes are sugar. End of story.

Like Brighthunter and Jade Troth, I jumped ship.

He was waffling on about fruit and veg the other day, and it sounded like the mate that spouts random s**t when staggering home from the pub after he's had 14 pints.

Someone messaged in saying along the lines of "Shouldn't we be eating more vegetables over fruit because fruit is high in sugar?"

Steve waffled on saying something like if you eat fruit, its a source of sugar, but if you put it in a blender and drink it, then its a source of fibre.

Erm.... what?

Steve waffled on saying something like if you eat fruit, its a source of sugar, but if you put it in a blender and drink it, then its a source of fibre.
I bought a blender off them way back: used it once. Soooo, maybe he uses one of those and they are magic. It blends out the sugar and replaces it with fibre. Maybe I should use it more often :p

Latest posts

Back