Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You watch how QVC do things and you realise what a sh…shower this version of Ideal World is. I was watching a Norwegian pressure washer shown on there this evening, and even though the machine was not far off £400, I was confident enough in the QVC brand and delivery process, that I was happy to buy. As it goes, some of the negative reviews elsewhere of these pressure washers in terms of only email customer and ponderously slow service from the manufacturers, put me off from buying. If I am aware beforehand, I have nothing to do with companies without telephone numbers to contact them on - regardless of how well-rated their products are. Not having a phone number is by design pushing customers away, and that is something that rings serious alarm bells for me. Would I buy a £400 item from Ideal World? I wouldn’t even buy a £10 power bank from them, that’s how much I lack confidence in their credibility of presentation, and thus their delivery of products.

You watch how QVC do things and you realise what a sh…shower this version of Ideal World is. I was watching a Norwegian pressure washer shown on there this evening, and even though the machine was not far off £400, I was confident enough in the QVC brand and delivery process, that I was happy to buy. As it goes, some of the negative reviews elsewhere of these pressure washers in terms of only email customer and ponderously slow service from the manufacturers, put me off from buying. If I am aware beforehand, I have nothing to do with companies without telephone numbers to contact them on - regardless of how well-rated their products are. Not having a phone number is by design pushing customers away, and that is something that rings serious alarm bells for me. Would I buy a £400 item from Ideal World? I wouldn’t even buy a £10 power bank from them, that’s how much I lack confidence in their credibility of presentation, and thus their delivery of products.

I've never bought anything from QVC — been tempted a few times with some of their tech as they can be quite competitive on price and almost all tech they sell is a known (and pronounceable 🤭) brand and easy to find legitimate reviews for in the tech press — and their presentation, while often mawkish and saccharine, is never not professional and informative (which is not as entertaining for taking the pi*s out of haha).

Their presentation approach offers something IW's hard-sell, low-info approach doesn't: reassurance. I don't feel like I'm getting poundshop goods. I'm never told by a presenter to "trust" them that something is "quality" They just show it is. Show not tell, innit.

Talk of show, it helps QVC do have the confidence to demo things 😂 and miraculously never seem to have one of those "special selly telly demo units" that's uncharged, not working, or falling to bits.

I can see *why* a lot of ladies (it's their core demo after all) trust QVC and spend over the odds for some of what they sell (I mean, cupcakes for £26?!) They have sort of earned a bit of "okay, I'll take you at your word" clout.

Which ironically old IW sort of had too: their presenters were OTT, their presentation routines repetitive and often misleading (Blue Magic), their customer service was notoriously poor AND they had a premium rate phone line but watches aside, the products were more often good enough for you to feel confident on taking a punt on something you weren't looking for.

But the current incarnation? Haha… Dear god.

Last edited:
haven’t bought from QvC for years, Bought a few Portable CD Players on there Goodmans hours, Tended to get one everytime they had them as a TSV As I was am to heavy handed.

Still have some fashion jewellery I bought, I remember QVC would have Joan Rivers etc selling there jewellery, even though it often felt like she had never seen it before

Oh what an ignominious role Van Egshaustbachfire has this evening. Being spoken at by Mouth on a Stick while he has to shove what looks like 1970s’ frilly tennis drawers into a vacuum bag. Surely the guy can get some acting work, other than hanging around on a Sunday evening pretending to be an expert at rummaging through plastic bags?

Last edited:
His sheer presence doing this sort of work on a regular basis makes no sense to me. A local paper round or a Saturday job in Our Price surely would be less embarrassing for him to do? Could he play the lead role in Val Doonican - The Movie? Like Simon, though, he is strangely addictive terrible viewing.

Talking at him rather than to him. Demanding to know if he has a smart meter??? Smart? I doubt it…He looks drained by her scattergun delivery. I get the impression that she comes over from South Africa once a month to do this? Must be decent wedge if she does. Can they cancel all outbound UK flights if so.

Last edited:
haven’t bought from QvC for years, Bought a few Portable CD Players on there Goodmans hours, Tended to get one everytime they had them as a TSV As I was am to heavy handed. Still have some fashion jewellery I bought, I remember QVC would have Joan Rivers etc selling there jewellery, even though it often felt like she had never seen it before

Joan Rivers on QVC? That must've been amazing.

Rent a mounth with expert on everything on the 20 Watt fan and how much cheaper it will be to run than other fans, she says normally you're looking at 2000 watt for a fan, Peter V obviously agrees.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've said it before and i'll say it again, these folks are ignorant as hell, they're thick as pig ****, 2000W for a fan? the only fans that run at 2000 watt is because they are a fan HEATER, not a plain simple fan pushing air around, it's the heating element than needs that wattage just running as a plain fan the wattage is much, much lower.

Did anyone see the feeble plastic pop-up washing machine (!!) they had on yesterday? It looked more like a portable camping toilet. Most humorously, they were chucking in a few packs of those eco eggs "for free" (i.e. they can't shift 'em) despite the fact 1 egg in there left no room for anything else…

Peter V was there as the expert to …er… get a hot meal and some warm clothes? No idea why he was necessary. He didn't demo the thing just kept popping it up and down, opening and closing the lid (which made it look even more like a toilet), and saying "yes, that's right" whenever Mark Ryes read off a "feature" from the product sheet that was clearly underneath the desk.

I was tempted to text in and ask if it had a flush 😂

Last edited:
They should and could have used her at Guantanamo Bay as a harsher alternative to water boarding. I’ll take the Water Boarding…Please…Not her…She appears to have broken Van Kheemhissng going by the glazed expression in his eyes and the ‘I’ll Tell You Whatever You Want To Know’ broken man under interrogation responses…

Did anyone see the feeble plastic pop-up washing machine (!!) they had on yesterday? It looked more like a portable camping toilet. Most humorously, they were chucking in a few packs of those eco eggs "for free" (i.e. they can't shift 'em) despite the fact 1 egg in there left no room for anything else…

Peter V was there as the expert to …er… Have a hot meal? No idea why he was necessary. He didn't demo the thing just kept popping it up and down, opening and closing the lid (which made it look even more like a toilet), and saying "that's right" whenever Mark Ryes read off a "feature" from the product sheet that was clearly underneath the desk.

I was tempted to text in and ask if it had a flush 😂
Yes. It was this one, wasn’t it?

IMG_3160.jpeg

I've never bought anything from QVC — been tempted a few times with some of their tech as they can be quite competitive on price and almost all tech they sell is a known (and pronounceable 🤭) brand and easy to find legitimate reviews for in the tech press — and their presentation, while often mawkish and saccharine, is never not professional and informative (which is not as entertaining for taking the pi*s out of haha).

Their presentation approach offers something IW's hard-sell, low-info approach doesn't: reassurance. I don't feel like I'm getting poundshop goods. I'm never told by a presenter to "trust" them that something is "quality" They just show it is. Show not tell, innit.

Talk of show, it helps QVC do have the confidence to demo things 😂 and miraculously never seem to have one of those "special selly telly demo units" that's uncharged, not working, or falling to bits.

I can see *why* a lot of ladies (it's their core demo after all) trust QVC and spend over the odds for some of what they sell (I mean, cupcakes for £26?!) They have sort of earned a bit of "okay, I'll take you at your word" clout.

Which ironically old IW sort of had too: their presenters were OTT, their presentation routines repetitive and often misleading (Blue Magic), their customer service was notoriously poor AND they had a premium rate phone line but watches aside, the products were more often good enough for you to feel confident on taking a punt on something you weren't looking for.

But the current incarnation? Haha… Dear god.
I have to say, the one item I did buy that turned out to be a godsend was the device that allows you to find your car if you forget where to leave it. It was £20 cheaper than Amazon including free delivery for being a Prime member. My mate that I bought it for is loving it. So I do think once in a blue moon they bring something decent

His sheer presence doing this sort of work on a regular basis makes no sense to me. A local paper round or a Saturday job in Our Price surely would be less embarrassing for him to do? Could he play the lead role in Val Doonican - The Movie? Like Simon, though, he is strangely addictive terrible viewing.

Talking at him rather than to him. Demanding to know if he has a smart meter??? Smart? I doubt it…He looks drained by her scattergun delivery. I get the impression that she comes over from South Africa once a month to do this? Must be decent wedge if she does. Can they cancel all outbound UK flights if so.
I thought she said she lives in Jersey, but I could be wrong.

Latest posts

Back