Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Haven’t posted for a couple of days haven’t felt like it, I was out in my electric power chair on Tuesday, and the motor went pop, had to call the AA Father Version to save me, luckily the chair is owned by the council so they bought a new motor today, so say 2 grands worth, nearly asked him if it was a direct comparison

Did a device really catch on fire.

I don’t mean to be rude about the man who presents as a chef, but I wouldn’t let him anywhere near a kitchen of mine for all manner of reasons. This may be a one unit error, user error, a combination of the two, or just a defective unit. Nonetheless - it is not about one off events like this to be condemned for, it is about the aftermath. And the aftermath was, essentially, let’s pretend it never happened and the chef and the grill were never here. They were SELLING this item minutes before. Selling (if they actually sold any at all?) to older people, people without outdoor facilities to have an exterior use product. Before the big bang, I saw a naked flame pop out of the front right hand corner. Perhaps that wasn’t seen or they carried on regardless. Now with that brief flame I saw, and then the unit sparking up big time had been anywhere near materials of any description (clothing, etc..) post purchase, that is a pretty serious thing potentially. You don’t just move on to something else post incident. You address it properly. Tell viewers the item has been withdrawn from sale, and give clear, concise guidance on how any buyers will be refunded. This is what doesn’t happen when you team up some presenters with a bunch of juveniles, presenting from too small a space, winging it usually. How long do these people actually roadtest their products for, and do they have a dedicated department actually doing that? Something that I imagine QVC has employed. I haven’t seen anything like this on QVC ever happen. That is probably down to judgement rather than luck.

Last edited:
Mark will have either been sent one of these to test at home, or he will have been testing it throughout the day, prior to it coming to air. I only know this, after listening to him mention things been sent to his house to test out, and Pedro saying with another item, that they had been using the item since the lunchtime, to learn how to use it/test out all the functions.

They should have an in-house products testing group of employed people, shouldn’t they? Particularly with electrical products being used to cook food live on air? Wouldn’t that even be a requirement for their studio insurance?

Well, they have Chef Sparks back in today. Not cooking though, necessarily, says Dr. Edwards. I’ll bet.

From what I can make out, the person who is demonstrating them, gets the item sent to them prior to when they will air, and they use the item at home. Andy Hodgson does all the cooking on TJC and have heard him say about trying the item out at home. I have also heard Mark say it, and sure Joe has mentioned it as well.

Probably accounts for the lack of these types of disasters on QVC. Assuming they employ people working there behind the scenes to test these type of products before they go to air. People in addition to the particular demonstrator testing the product before the shows they appear with it on.

Genuine leather wallets now, as opposed to fake leather ones. At least you only get your fingers metaphorically burnt with this one. Free Delivery?? Fake surprise…I am not trying to scaremonger. Oh yes you are, Dr. Oh yes you are. Like telling a patient they are going to die, and then immediately telling that they are not going to die,

Latest posts

Back