Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Paul B selling Jane Plan last night

'It's like eating out without going out ...'

Emmm, not sure what sort of eateries you frequent Paul, however if I was served anything resembling Jane Plan when out for a meal, I'd be asking to have a word with the chef ... and not to congratulate them ;)

And I LOVE how they skirt around the fact each plate is covered with additionally bought fresh food items. So the price per plate, if doing it that way, will obviously be higher than the basic core cost.

Was having a look at trustpilot to see how their revues were coming along, saw this one and thought what a perfect analysis of IW. :ROFLMAO:
It's a bit long so will just put in link.

Well they've just about sold out of the Gorky, if no one returns the watches, because of the movement, then I think we can conclude that IW watch collectors/buyers, haven't a clue about watches, anybody that knows about watches can take one look at the back of the Gorky and see it's a Seiko NH35 and not a Slava movement, the Slava twin barrel movement looks nothing like an NH35 so no way you can mistake them.

Me Mam doesn't half say some daft things, yeah i know it's all psychology, but these mind games are laughable.

on the tower pans

"Sadly we're anticipating a sell out tonight"

Why would a salesperson/retailer be sad about selling out a product, that's what you're employed for and that's what IW are in business to do, sell stuff and make a profit, more you sell the more profit. If you sell out quick, then great, you move on to another product, you should be happy not ****** sad.

"just to warn you, 60% of the stock has gone, this is the last scheduled show featuring this for the time being, we will try and get them back later in the year, but this is the last of the stock we can actually get."

We'll you better be fast Shaun, you've only got another 3 days left in the year. ;)

Was having a look at trustpilot to see how their revues were coming along, saw this one and thought what a perfect analysis of IW. :ROFLMAO:
It's a bit long so will just put in link.

For me, this is it in a nutshell:

This channel tries to appeal to the low IQ ITV viewer or those who would use Bright House without looking at genuine deals first, it's almost exploitation of the vulnerable

Ah well after tonight, only 7 more Dormeo shows to get through this year. ;)

But if you haven't decided to get a mattress by then don't worry, Dormeo shows are back on the 2nd. :)

Even Ray with his mulberry silk would be like a breath of fresh air and a vast improvement to all these endless Dormeo shows at the moment. :ROFLMAO:
If the brand ambassador gets paid per live show, I bet he's not complaining ;)

If the brand ambassador gets paid per live show, I bet he's not complaining ;)

The more shows the better, as most of them are freelance, they won't be getting paid when no on IW, unless they have other gigs on the go, think Fabbro would be quite a popular actor for hiring, for commercials etc, very clear voice, pleasant manner and Grant has his Video business away from IW. Can't say the same for the rest though, not much demand for common as muck screaming banshees, baldy headed arrogant liars, bottom of the barrel crap Larry Grayson impersonator, Reg "woohoo" Varney look-a-like demotivational speakers or a plethora of pretendy useless lying experts. ;):ROFLMAO:

For me, this is it in a nutshell:

This channel tries to appeal to the low IQ ITV viewer or those who would use Bright House without looking at genuine deals first, it's almost exploitation of the vulnerable

Exactly and I think IW are fully aware that they have a big vulnerable and uninformed audience and they are deliberately milking it with every dirty retail con trick in the book.

De Knees on the Dormeo super King - "we've only got 55% of the stock left, so that's telling you how busy we are."

We've only got. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Certainly does den, considering there has been 20 odd Dormeo shows in the last week or so and you've only sold 45%, then you must be selling the stock at approx 2% per show, so there must be at least another 20 Dormeo shows to come before you sell out. :eek::ROFLMAO:

De Knees on the Dormeo super King - "we've only got 55% of the stock left, so that's telling you how busy we are."

We've only got. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Certainly does den, considering there has been 20 odd Dormeo shows in the last week or so and you've only sold 45%, then you must be selling the stock at approx 2% per show, so there must be at least another 20 Dormeo shows to come before you sell out. :eek::ROFLMAO:
The thing is, because they're so vague about stock, we have no idea how frequently stock levels are being replenished. As (you?) previously said, IW very likely don't hold stock items anyway, so it's all smoke and mirrors and much of it means feck all. 55% of what? A starting quantity of 1000 from 6 days ago or a replenished/topped-up quantity of 500 from 3 days ago?

Anyway, do you really need to run for a bus if you know another one will be along in 10 minutes?

This next paragraph is copied and pasted from Martin Lewis's money saver website, a Q&A on the subject of central heating, based on research from the Energy Saving Trust.

Is it cheaper to use radiators or electric heaters?

The Energy Saving Trust says electric heaters are one of the most expensive forms of heating. It says the cheapest way to heat your home is by using an efficient gas central heating system, with a full set of thermostatic radiator valves, a room thermostat and a timer.

Next time Peter Volauvent starts on about how much money his ceramic heaters will save. We joke on this forum about how daft the presenters and "experts" are and how they try to pull the wool over our eyes but this is a serious issue when they are actively trying to con the most vulnerable of their viewers. "The nice man on the telly said these would be cheaper to run but now I've had my electricity bill in and I can't afford to eat this month if I pay it."
Pity the ASA are a toothless organisation who prefer to look the other way rather than fight for the consumer they're supposed to protect.

Shaun says - "go online and check the prices of the watchwinder, they're in the thousands"

I did Shaun, first one in the search was £129.99 from Amazon

This next paragraph is copied and pasted from Martin Lewis's money saver website, a Q&A on the subject of central heating, based on research from the Energy Saving Trust.

Is it cheaper to use radiators or electric heaters?

The Energy Saving Trust says electric heaters are one of the most expensive forms of heating. It says the cheapest way to heat your home is by using an efficient gas central heating system, with a full set of thermostatic radiator valves, a room thermostat and a timer.

Next time Peter Volauvent starts on about how much money his ceramic heaters will save. We joke on this forum about how daft the presenters and "experts" are and how they try to pull the wool over our eyes but this is a serious issue when they are actively trying to con the most vulnerable of their viewers. "The nice man on the telly said these would be cheaper to run but now I've had my electricity bill in and I can't afford to eat this month if I pay it."
Pity the ASA are a toothless organisation who prefer to look the other way rather than fight for the consumer they're supposed to protect.

Yeah, he never delves into the running costs of the ceramic heaters, an odd electric heater for emergency is fine, but heating your whole house can be expensive compared to gas central heating.

Latest posts

Back