Does QVC refund P&P charges?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

martinjay

Registered Shopper
Does QVC refund P&P charges when you return an item?

According to EU consumer law they--and other TV shopping channels--should, providing it's returned within seven days under Distance Selling Regulations.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/10560466.stm:

A BBC investigation has found that Next has been breaking consumer law.

It has been failing to refund delivery charges applied to goods bought online, but then returned.

The BBC has also discovered that staff at other mail order companies are giving out the wrong information about their refund policies.

Under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs), a customer returning goods within seven days is entitled to a full refund and the initial delivery charge.

These legally binding rules were introduced in 2000 to protect customers who, unlike high street shoppers, are unable to inspect goods before they buy them.

The law does not cover the cost of returning the unwanted items.

But Next has been breaching the regulations by billing customers for delivery costs - even if goods are returned within seven days.

When the BBC questioned Next, it said it would change its policy from the start of August.

The DSR seven day issue (with refund of postage) is somewhere in QVC policy (but of course they do not advertise it). But you have to write to them to cancel your order within the 7 days - not open or use the item - return in all original packaging with labels etc. - and pay for the postage to return at your own expense.

DrJude is correct. Infact on your delivery notice in with the package it does tell you all this.

But no one I know has tried it, as said you have to write to them to claim it, not just put a note in with the returning parcel. Because you cannot open the parcel just return it straight away.

they should refund P & P if an item is faulty too shouldn't they? Years back I returned a NN feather bed as it wasn't big enough for my standard 4'6" bed...I had quite a wrangle on the phone with CS about getting my P & P back but managed it when I must have uttered some magic words about it "not being as advertised"...I swear they use 4' beds for the demos.

You can open the item to see if it meets your requirements, how else would you know if you were being sold the item as described, which is the big point of the DSRs I believe.
QVC's terms and conditions state:
"9.4 You also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase. If you wish to cancel you must tell us in writing, by telephone, fax or email (please see our webform at www.qvcuk.com for email cancellations) within 7 working days from the day after the date on which the product is delivered. You should keep evidence of having given your cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting. You must take reasonable care of the product and you should return the product to us (at your own risk and cost) within 7 working days of notifying us of your cancellation. The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product). Please return the product with its original packaging. The following products are excluded from this legal right to cancel: (i) perishable products such as food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have taken out of the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) any other products that by reason of their nature cannot be returned. We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

i bought some stuff from lola rose and it was a little faulty not only are they refunding the origonal p&p they are refunding the return costs as well.:handshake:

all the companies know they cannot or should not penalise the customer who buys mail order and its not suitable and yes you should always get you p&p costs refunded.its irritating sending shoddy goods back: packing them and waiting in the post office the least they should do is refund the costs.

Refund of delivery charges on unwanted items.

This is interesting

Isn't this what QVC do, refund the cost of the item but not the initial delivery charge if it is returned simply because someone doesn't like it. They have certainly done that to me in the past.

Seems that this is illegal.

Latest posts

Back