What happened to my crown?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I didn't watch any QVC yesterday and forgot that the crown was supposed to be auctioned, so I never got the chance to buy it.

Was it auctioned, and if so, how much did it go for?

I thought it was expected to go for £25,000 to £50,000
Think there was a bit of excitement here on the forum on Wednesday night, so maybe a lot of people were otherwise engaged and too busy to bid for it he he :wink:

I am amazed that - - - - -

- - - no-one on this forum knows what price the crown sold for.

I tried to find out on the website, but couldn't.

Just had an idea - - - I will ring their "award winning CS" to see if they know, then I will let you know.

Due to my own personally story I find it hard to watch but because they weren't releasing items on the web before nearly being shown I had it on with the sound down.
I caught at the end, a board with markers showing the latest bid amount and the crown was showing at around a £1,000.
Don't know if that was Julia's bid but she was wearing it at the end of the show.
Perhaps someone on Twitter could contact her to ask what the auction ended at.

That report in the Daily Mail was dated in May this year. It seems uncanny that no mention of the final price has been mentioned anywhere - as SW says it went for £1000 then perhaps its red faces all around as they expected to get so much more for it. And even more 'odd' that there was no mention of the lucky winner either.

It must have cost well over £1000 to make it, what with all the silver and the different coloured eeeeks. A work of skilled craftmanship. I didn't see any promos for it on Q before the event, either on TV or the website.

article-0-12E23391000005DC-455_306x423.jpg

Here is the Queen modelling it, was she on QVC on the BCC day?

article-0-005A2B5D00000258-618_306x423.jpg

Last edited:
QUOTE - - "The replica was commissioned by QVC and took 30 days to make."

Assuming a near-minimum wage of £7/hr, the labour cost alone would be about £1700, and that's assuming it was all done by just 1 person, which is unlikely. And craftmanship like that would be well over £7/hr anyway.

If it really went for £1000 then I'm gutted I didn't bid for it.

I smell a rat with this. I think Roberts may have 'capped' the bid and got away with it with a £1,000 donation. Hence why there is no mention of it and nobody at the call centre knows. After all she thinks she is a queen just because she has put in the years at qvc

Latest posts

Back