Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s a big day on Ideal World.

Nanty is on at 3:00pm with his Luggie. Do have some Kleenex to hand, it’s gonna be an hour full of emotional ‘Me Dad’ stories. Isn’t he a good boy? (Aged 50)

Nanty is back at 8:00pm with his good friend, Caroline Garrard, for an hour of Constantin Weisz Watches. What chance they open the ‘show’ with a reminder that Caroline Garrard used to work ‘at’ The Royal Jewellers? (did you know she used to work ‘at’ The Royal Jewellers?)

I feel Caroline Garrard adds class to Ideal World, which isn’t difficult. I doubt she knows much really but compared to Ellie May Clampett and Jimmy Savile she’s positively regal.

Apparently she wrote a book about Kate Middleton’s fashion sense, pity she knows squat about Horology sense.

Her drivel makes no sense at all :mysmilie_59:

921324AA-D800-4DFB-A5C2-38E1FDEC5E4E.jpgA649DAB1-2583-45AB-AAEE-B9D472F91D32.jpg

When Caroline was on with Peter the other day they introduced an Igor /Alberto figure for Constantin Weisz - Kurt or Curt apparently.
The show started with Peter eulogising him -'one of the most powerful men in horology!' followed by Caroline simpering about what a jet setter Curt (or Kurt ) is.
There were various Igor type references to him as the show progressed , 'Kurt spent two years searching for the right leather for strap' sort of thing .

I must say that Ideal World is pure comedy gold at the moment.

My bet is that Nanty will ask her about it no later than 20 seconds into the show.

Yes Craftalot, I’m guessing it’ll go something like this : -

Nanty - ‘This is Caroline and we’ve been great friends for 73 years. Caroline, can you tell us a bit about your background?’

Caroline Garrard - ‘Well Shane, when I was younger I was very very privileged to work at The Royal Jewellers’

Nanty - ‘Whatever. Listen girlfriend, I’ve worked here for 20 years. I’m the star’

Good friends my ar*e. I bet they despise eachother :mysmilie_59:

When Caroline was on with Peter the other day they introduced an Igor /Alberto figure for Constantin Weisz - Kurt or Curt apparently.
The show started with Peter eulogising him -'one of the most powerful men in horology!' followed by Caroline simpering about what a jet setter Curt (or Kurt ) is.
There were various Igor type references to him as the show progressed , 'Kurt spent two years searching for the right leather for strap' sort of thing .

While watching Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dumber on the watch show last night, I just couldn't believe the misinformation coming out of their mouths at times. Why do they keep allowing these idiots to sell watches? I know it's so entertaining to hear their clap trap and I often break out in laughter at some of the nonsense. The problem is that many people are not familiar with the various watch movements and told they are buying some of the finest watches in the world and are just led up the garden path and can be completely ripped off.

There are no watch experts on IW. Kevin Reynolds just knows how to buy and sell them, that's all! Caroline Jones who once worked at Garrards is no expert either, just an ex shop assistant!

Yes Craftalot, I’m guessing it’ll go something like this : -

Nanty - ‘This is Caroline and we’ve been great friends for 73 years. Caroline, can you tell us a bit about your background?’

Caroline Garrard - ‘Well Shane, when I was younger I was very very privileged to work at The Royal Jewellers’

Nanty - ‘Whatever. Listen girlfriend, I’ve worked here for 20 years’

Good friends my ar*e. I bet they despise eachother :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_19: this is spot on. I can imagine Nanty talking to Buzz Aldrin - "so, what have you done with your life?" Buzz: 'umm, well I was sort of part of history I guess..' Nanty: "history, I'll tell you a bit about history...I was the first presenter on this channel, yep the first.. I've been here 20 years...no-one else has been anywhere near that long. Top dog. Top dog. 20 yeeeeaaarsss....sorry Buzz, you were saying...?'

As if 20 years there is some sort of achievement. A bit like saying 'I'm the longest serving JSA recipient this DWP office has got on its books. They all know me here...I'm sort of a celebrity round these parts...'

Ideal World is funny, and it’s becoming even funnier

Of course the merchandise is shocking, the Goons are like caricatures of Goons.

It’s bad. But funny :mysmilie_59:

:mysmilie_19: this is spot on. I can imagine Nanty talking to Buzz Aldrin - "so, what have you done with your life?" Buzz: 'umm, well I was sort of part of history I guess..' Nanty: "history, I'll tell you a bit about history...I was the first presenter on this channel, yep the first.. I've been here 20 years...no-one else has been anywhere near that long. Top dog. Top dog. 20 yeeeeaaarsss....sorry Buzz, you were saying...?'

As if 20 years there is some sort of achievement. A bit like saying 'I'm the longest serving JSA recipient this DWP office has got on its books. They all know me here...I'm sort of a celebrity round these parts...'

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

I can just picture Nanty in his Dressing Room. None of the other Goon’s have their own Dressing Room, not even Zelda.

I bet they’re not even allowed to talk to him :mysmilie_19:

2114D839-DC7E-4800-8CB7-3FE4473142A6.jpg

Nanty didn’t let us down with his Luggie.

As sure as night follows day he emotionally talked about ‘Me Dad’. I didn’t feel he was shilling.

I wonder what the other fella is doing while Nanty delivers the £3000 eulogy? :mysmilie_59:

F8D3BF9E-4C5D-4480-8D2E-7242EBA64CD7.jpgFAB811E7-128D-4B02-8BAB-F5B4DEB29BE5.jpg

Well on the watch show last night, Kevinski stated that all of the Mathey Tissot type 21 fly back chronographs that were not sold by 11 0'clock this morning would be withdrawn from sale, as they had to be sent back to MT for other sellers to get hold of. It seems that this was just a crafty sales tactic by our friend Kev, because they are still on IW's web site at 4 pm.

So this is a man we are supposed to trust then? I think not!

Ideal World is funny, and it’s becoming even funnier

Of course the merchandise is shocking, the Goons are like caricatures of Goons.

It’s bad. But funny :mysmilie_59:

There's definitely a greater whiff of desperation about the proceedings; case in point when they were recently selling solar garden lights and were literally resorting to "One year guarantee" being a major selling point for the products. After all there's only so much you can say about garden lights during an hour...

Also during the aforementioned electric bike show Shreque helpfully told viewers that if they didn't like it they could "return it to your local ASDA", which definitely gave me a good laugh. Yes it's a folding electric bike but it isn't a particularly compact one either; imagine turning up at your local ASDA drop-off point with that metal lump and the poor assistant having to be polite whilst gently explaining that they couldn't handle the item due to its size. Indeed the Ideal World help page for the ASDA returns service says: "Please note: maximum weight is 25kg and the maximum dimensions are 60 x 60 x 90cm" (Bike size when folded is 96 x 36.5 x 80cm) :mysmilie_59:

Well on the watch show last night, Kevinski stated that all of the Mathey Tissot type 21 fly back chronographs that were not sold by 11 0'clock this morning would be withdrawn from sale, as they had to be sent back to MT for other sellers to get hold of. It seems that this was just a crafty sales tactic by our friend Kev, because they are still on IW's web site at 4 pm.

So this is a man we are supposed to trust then? I think not!

Except that Kevin didn't say 'sent back ' I'm pretty sure he said 'couriered back ' !

The priceless consignment of Mathey Tissot chronographs are delivered at dead of night to a secret location is Switzerland whilst Alberto strokes his Siamese cat.

It’s a Sale of Constantin Scheisse Watches.

Lowest ever prices!!! :mysmilie_14:

Half price delivery!!! :mysmilie_14:

Free Collectors Box!!! :mysmilie_14:

Expert advice from Caroline Garrard!!! :mysmilie_15:

Oh, and Nanty. Spose you can’t have everything :mysmilie_59:

1D7FD94D-F31D-4962-BFE6-7188B5EF0DED.jpg

Just take a look at the price difference between Kevski's price on this MT Edmond and the price on Jomashop in New York.

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/mat...h_iw%2c-stock_iw%2c-average_overall_rating_iw

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot-watch-amh1886psn.html

At a point with this channel when nothing should surprise me, that has left me genuinely shocked.

At current exchange rates Jomashop are selling the watch for less than £430 (and I very much doubt they are losing on the deal) while Ideal are charging an eye-watering £1,350. Even if you take into account import duties that is still multiple hundreds of pounds cheaper. It's simply disgusting. There is no other word.

I haven't posted here for a while and I'm sure this is old news, but I've just found out that Pete (the phone 'expert') is Disingenuous Gen's husband. What is it with this company and keeping it in the family? We've Shaun Crawley who they initially claimed was some 'luxury products expert', when it turns out all he did was work on the cruise ships with his other half (Hayley), and has now well and truly got his feet under the table appearing more (whether it is as an 'expert' or a flat out presenter) than the regular presenters. Now that Janice upped and left to Hochanda, Gen wangled her husband in as replacement and I've already seen him 'promoted' from tablets and mobile phones to flapping his gums on some products. No wonder him and the 'Disingenuous' one got together, he's every bit the exaggerating, bull shitter that his awful wife is.

I haven't posted here for a while and I'm sure this is old news, but I've just found out that Pete (the phone 'expert') is Disingenuous Gen's husband. What is it with this company and keeping it in the family? We've Shaun Crawley who they initially claimed was some 'luxury products expert', when it turns out all he did was work on the cruise ships with his other half (Hayley), and has now well and truly got his feet under the table appearing more (whether it is as an 'expert' or a flat out presenter) than the regular presenters. Now that Janice upped and left to Hochanda, Gen wangled her husband in as replacement and I've already seen him 'promoted' from tablets and mobile phones to flapping his gums on some products. No wonder him and the 'Disingenuous' one got together, he's every bit the exaggerating, bull shitter that his awful wife is.

Rats stick together :mysmilie_59:

449B710A-AAB7-428C-8299-90455A451C47.jpg

Latest posts

Back