Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh it's Mason's holiday story again and everyday someone asked about his Vostok Europe watch.

And already "how many left Jess, is that it. Guys honestly it's really about getting one sooner rather than later blah blah but don't blame me if you miss out on that watch." :ROFLMAO:
He's almost obsessed trotting out this line. A few nights ago selling watches he said something like

'OOoooo, get this on your wrists lads and it'll draw attention, know what I mean!'

Nope. The very way watches are worn (i.e. on your wrist not around your forehead) means they don't particularly draw attention most of the time, the high majority of the time I reckon. To genuine watch enthusiasts and collectors maybe, but to the masses? Nope. I bet I could walk around Asda in a short sleeved shirt and a £2,000,000 watch on my wrist and I'd almost guarantee no one would stop me to ask about the watch.

They might however stop me to give some advice 'it's the depth of winter laddie, get a jumper on!!!'

He's almost obsessed trotting out this line. A few nights ago selling watches he said something like

'OOoooo, get this on your wrists lads and it'll draw attention, know what I mean!'

Nope. The very way watches are worn (i.e. on your wrist not around your forehead) means they don't particularly draw attention most of the time, the high majority of the time I reckon. To genuine watch enthusiasts and collectors maybe, but to the masses? Nope. I bet I could walk around Asda in a short sleeved shirt and a £2,000,000 watch on my wrist and I'd almost guarantee no one would stop me to ask about the watch.

They might however stop me to give some advice 'it's the depth of winter laddie, get a jumper on!!!'

Another one he likes saying is "bragging rights" down the pub etc.

He just comes across as the sort to be an arrogant, center of attention, look at me type in the pub etc, the type you usually avoid like the plague.

Most people don't want to draw attention to themselves.

Shallow, needy, boaster types like to draw attention to themselves.

Draw your own conclusions who IW try to appeal to ...

Unfortunately world is full of these types, social media is full of them, they want to display their life story, their lifestyle etc to the masses and of course it's also now become an income stream by influencing folk by promoting products/service from sponsors and what's worse they have a cult following of sheep that hang on their every word, as though everything they utter is gospel.

Makes me laugh when people say Rob Locke is so different

He isn't he has just told everybody to checkout now or it will sell out (spray and leave)

He has then gone onto say "this must be a mistake"

Can tell by the way he is saying it he doesn't believe it but just because he says it in a sarcastic way

"I am only saying it because it is true"

Yeah right Rob

Rob asks about the quality of the watches

Unknown clueless idiot (looking at his face, looks like he's likes a drink) - "so these use Rondo movements, which are Swiss made, they're mid market, no going to say their the greatest movements in the world, they're not Certina, they're not em yeah the top end what you'd us in a watch that you sell thousands of pounds."

Rondo movements. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And why mention Certina, they don't make movements. :confused:

Looked up the unknown idiot, he's sales manager for Bulova, and he says Rondo. :eek:

Last edited:
Only on Ideal World would you have a bald guy selling Hair Gain.

Mike doesn't use it cause he's happy being bald.:rolleyes:
If it's so good a product and he believes in it so much, even if he does like being bald, why doesn't he try it for a month? Prove it to us because we're not just his customers, we're his prized friends who he keeps telling us that he'd never lie to us. Him and the Goddess swear by every other product they sell but we have no evidence of that.

So if this Hair Gain is so miraculous, why doesn't he get it home like he tells us to, use it, take advantage of the money back offer, and show us the results before and after. Rope in St Peter of Hull as well because his parting is like the Red Sea. Maybe he can then throw away that can of brown Hammerite that he sprays on his shiny bit.

Then in a months time when they come in looking like a mid 80's Kevin Keegan, we can all admit that they weren't lying bullshitters who would con their own granny out of her life savings to flog her a real plastic leather recliner and a ceramic heater that she has to drag from room to room since she got that old fashioned gas central heating taken out. They really did have our best interests at heart after all. Mason can even tell us stories when the pubs reopen of different blokes coming up to him saying "Nice hair mate!"

Rob asks about the quality of the watches

Unknown clueless idiot (looking at his face, looks like he's likes a drink) - "so these use Rondo movements, which are Swiss made, they're mid market, no going to say their the greatest movements in the world, they're not Certina, they're not em yeah the top end what you'd us in a watch that you sell thousands of pounds."

Rondo movements. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And why mention Certina, they don't make movements. :confused:

Looked up the unknown idiot, he's sales manager for Bulova, and he says Rondo. :eek:
So he did say "Rondo" thought he did but thought no, surely he knew the name of the movement manufacturer.🤣😂 One of the more crinch worthy conversations on IW watch shows, when Rob asked about the quality🤔🤭 "Swissized" chineese junk I suspect.😬

So he did say "Rondo" thought he did but thought no, surely he knew the name of the movement manufacturer.🤣😂 One of the more crinch worthy conversations on IW watch shows, when Rob asked about the quality🤔🤭 "Swissized" chineese junk I suspect.😬

Yeah, you would think someone that's worked as a sales manager for Bulova for 9 years would know and pronounce Ronda correctly, ok Bulova use Japanese movements but still, but having seen some of the IW "expert" from various watch brands, then it doesn't surprise me.;)

I think this is one of the few fashion brands on IW, that are actually assembled in Switzerland, the brand themselves are Swiss, from the little i can find, the watches are assembled in Switzerland. I would say they are probably in the same market sector as Wenger & Swiss Military by Hanowa, although not sure if they make the watches themselves or get someone else to do it for them.
Strangely an address on the JDM site in Switzerland is the same address as for Roamer, and Roamer and Swiss Military have close ties/ share premises, assemble plant etc, so could be Swiss Military by Hanowa are making/assembling the watches for JDM, they do have a similar look to them.

Roamer & Swiss Military assemble plant in Northern Switzerland near the German border, the JDM/Roamer address is 3.5 miles away from there in Wallbach.

Yeah, you would think someone that's worked as a sales manager for Bulova for 9 years would know and pronounce Ronda correctly, ok Bulova use Japanese movements but still, but having seen some of the IW "expert" from various watch brands, then it doesn't surprise me.;)

I think this is one of the few fashion brands on IW, that are actually assembled in Switzerland, the brand themselves are Swiss, from the little i can find, the watches are assembled in Switzerland. I would say they are probably in the same market sector as Wenger & Swiss Military by Hanowa, although not sure if they make the watches themselves or get someone else to do it for them.
Strangely an address on the JDM site in Switzerland is the same address as for Roamer, and Roamer and Swiss Military have close ties/ share premises, assemble plant etc, so could be Swiss Military by Hanowa are making/assembling the watches for JDM, they do have a similar look to them.

Roamer & Swiss Military assemble plant in Northern Switzerland near the German border, the JDM/Roamer address is 3.5 miles away from there in Wallbach.

Thanks for the info interesting. They didn't look very good quality to my eye. Not as good as Wenger and the likes. Assumed they might be Chineese components assembled in Switzerland or other way round.To get the necessary value, in the watch, to call it Swiss made or however they do it.

The "rondo" movements you can buy for £7 so no way are high end quality, if the watch brands were that good they would be in high end but they are not, just ask yourself why?, I just wish all the presenters would lay off the am dram otherwise it'll be as bad as tjc.

Thanks for the info interesting. They didn't look very good quality to my eye. Not as good as Wenger and the likes. Assumed they might be Chineese components assembled in Switzerland or other way round.To get the necessary value, in the watch, to call it Swiss made or however they do it.

Yeah not too sure just how good a quality they are, would need to see one in the flesh to see the finishing etc, have had a Wenger Seaforce, which was really good, and of course Wenger watches are now made in the brand new Victorinox Watch Competence Centre in Delemont (added to the existing Wenger/Victorinox site but massively bigger), but I'm only mentioned Wenger & Swiss Military, as that seems to be the price range from some other Swiss Brands that they seem to be bracketed in, but could have mentioned loads of non Swiss affordable/fashion brands in that price range as well.
I would assume some parts will come from China, like the cases, hands, watch boxes etc, but i would think they are using the Ronda Swiss made & assembled movements (rather than the Ronda movements from Hong Kong) and Swiss assemble/Inspection to get it over the required 60% to qualify as Swiss Made.

As others have mentioned, an extremely embarrassing, cringeworthy, hide behind several sofas, you name it moment when Rob Locke asked that bloke who looked like a 1970s photo fit about movements. Similar to when Puddleglum stamped out the Witch's fire in The Silver Chair, and the sweet mood went toxic, he did the very worst thing you can do on shopping television and became frighteningly sincere on the wares being hawked. He might as well have dropped his trousers, urinated all over the floor and shouted Ideal World sell sh...to do less damage. Rule Number One - never tell the punters they are buying mediocre. Don't shatter their illusions. Let them open the box first.

The "rondo" movements you can buy for £7 so no way are high end quality, if the watch brands were that good they would be in high end but they are not, just ask yourself why?, I just wish all the presenters would lay off the am dram otherwise it'll be as bad as tjc.

Agree 100%, thing is there is nothing wrong with the watches, probably ok for the price, and fine enough if you like the look of them or after just a watch to wear, but this constant, over hyping the quality, claiming they are on par with top quality Swiss watch brands, future heirlooms, must insure them, etc by IW is really misleading and annoying.

Latest posts

Back