£1 Super Crash Event – This Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sorry MB, seen it now.

What a shocking response.

What do they mean you 'lost' the ring? - makes it sound like your fault. They took it - you didn't lose it!

And as for only allowing phone bidders - they did allow web bidders on that particular game otherwise you wouldn't have been able to put it in your basket.

Not impressed, Gems, that's really shoddy

edit to add - second email sounds more promising so fingers crossed MB

they had better do something as im sure they can be told off for not advertising that webbers cant play and then refusing to honour the ring when i tried to check out even tho as you said it let me snatch the ring.

mummy bear and forum friends

Items are allocated to customers on the phone and on the web during the game. It was hours after you won the item that they took it off you. I had 2 £1.00 items one from the preview last night and one from this morning, strangly enough the tanzanite ring and they let me check out. Seems like they only became bothered about phone bidders after that. I do remember Liv commenting oh they have all gone to web bidders. Are they expecting us to believe they are contacting the phone bidders from last nights game to allocate MY earrings and the phone bidders this morning OUR rings. If so they have changed the rules mid promotion and are not following their own auction rules and seem to be "playing god " with the allocations post auction and post checkout.

I really appreciate the support of my friends on this forum, angry and cheated don't even begin to describe how I feel right now. Gems I'm sure you can work out who I am, I look forward to hearing from you.

Cleopatra

the way i see it is we got the items in our baskets for £1 fair and square as we usually would and they dont like that so theyve seen fit to remove them with no warning whatsoever its down right rude and aginst thier own policy of allowing webbers to play for items with more than 3 in the game.

ive just had a call from the cs nights manager and he said the ring was taken away because the "system" allocated the ring the realised that there was not enough stock to cover the demand for that item. He has assured me that if that particular ring does happen to come back in stock he will honour the £1 price for me but personally i dont think i will get a call back to say its in stock and apparently we are allowed to buy on the web if there is more than 3. So guys make of that what you will!!!!! So for me its bye bye tanzanite ring. Im am still stuck as to figure out how a "system" can allocate items if they are not in stock????????????????????? :cool:

I know I'm new to this forum but I just wanted to say that I think Gems TV's behaviour with the £1 games is atrocious and I have now emptied my basket. I have also sent a fairly strong e-mail to customer care saying how disgusted I am and that I won't be buying (or watching) Gems again. I'm sure they won't give a monkey's but it makes me feel better because I hate feeling like I'm being ripped off!!!! :mad:

ive just had a call from the cs nights manager and he said the ring was taken away because the "system" allocated the ring the realised that there was not enough stock to cover the demand for that item. He has assured me that if that particular ring does happen to come back in stock he will honour the £1 price for me but personally i dont think i will get a call back to say its in stock and apparently we are allowed to buy on the web if there is more than 3. So guys make of that what you will!!!!! So for me its bye bye tanzanite ring. Im am still stuck as to figure out how a "system" can allocate items if they are not in stock????????????????????? :cool:

hmmmmmmmm - sounds like an excuse to me

mummybear

If the system went wrong that is Gems problem not ours. Those items sat in the baskets for some time, one overnight. If they do not have enough stock you get a message saying be quicker next time. We fairly won promotional items for £1.00 and that is what we should have. If it is a genuine error with their IT or personnel then they could offer a replacement item from stock that has been allocated to the promotion and not yet aired for us to consider. Why have they only removed items from web buyers, why not the phone buyers?

Cleopatra

The Managers reply seems a cop out to me MB, If Gems had anything about them and the repky was correct they should at least offer you something similar for £1!!

Gems this fiasco STINKS, it's no wonder your customers are going elsewhere:rolleyes:

This is utter waffle tho isnt it!!...

GemsTV would like to say thank you to all our customers and especially those at ShoppingTelly.com. """Here at GemsTV we value our customers and appreciate their opinions.""!!!!!!!!! ShoppingTelly.com provides us with a great place to understand what our customers really think, giving us the opportunity to improve our products and services. We always keep our eyes on the forums at ShoppingTelly.com and do our best to keep you updated with any GemsTV news. (taken from front page of ST)
:mad: TRIPE UTTER TRIPE:mad:

This is what it says in Gems terms and conditions regarding allocation of items

Allocation Of Items:
Each bid will be recorded at the time it is received. Bids are accepted strictly on a first-come, first-served basis. Once your bid has been accepted, you will have reserved the item for purchase and you will have agreed to purchase the item - subject to GemsTV's cancellation and return policies.

Since we have been told web bidders are faster than phone bidders how did we lose out, something doesn't add up here, but Gems should be able to provide documented evidence to support their claim when required to. I'm not sure where it says in their terms and conditions "it's only fair to phone bidders.... it takes longer for them to place a bid"

Cleopatra

Thats no more Gems for me, i think its disgusting the way they have treated you MB, and what about the players with freeview?, its discrimination and someone at Gems needs to whoop some ass before we do it for them. Im just off to empty my basket:mad:

So basically, they were 'selling' items they didn't actually have???? Didn't a.n. other channel do this and get severly reprimanded for it?

:doggie:

Very poor response MB! I won a pair of YG earrings as a matter of computer error - It was meant to be £74 but the computer said £7 on screen. I added it to the basket and really thought they would not honour the price - wrong I got the earrings for £7. Good old days then xx

Girls I've just read your posts about the items that have been whipped from your baskets. ****** disgraceful and underhand behaviour from GTV who should most definitely have declared that the £1 could not be secured by online bidders.

They then move the goalposts and have the damned cheek to talk about fairness ffs????

MB you are too polite and sweetnatured and accepting hun. If it were me, I'd be reporting the miscreants to trading standards on Monday morning!!!

meanwhile, big (((hugs))) to all of you who have been robbed of your wins.

Didn't realise that - yes they should have said. It gets expensive, even at a low call rate, to keep the phone on hold while you watch - also stops other people who might be trying to ring you...

Someone mentioned on another thread I think, about being part of the Gems tv family - sorry to disillusion anyone, but they're not a "family" - it's all clever marketing! But yes it's easy to get angry and disillusioned (that word again) when they appear to be all friendly and caring but then seem to stab you in the back. But they are in business after all. Good CS is vital of course, but - sorry - but there seems to be a sentimental sort of element around which doesn't really sit right with a business...There are issues that need addressing, but personally I shall just stay around until it's put right - hopefully it will be.

I sent them an e-mail only 2 weeks ago, praising a member of staff for finding me a turquoise ring I'd missed, and adding it to my web order at the lower price...

Latest posts

Back