£1 Super Crash Event – This Weekend

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Firstly, I want to say that I totally agree that if you had the item in your basket then they should not have removed it from you under any circumstances. I don't know how these things work, but surely by allowing you to put it in your basket they had entered in to some kind of contract with you? I'm sure they'll say that until you completed the transaction by checking out blah blah blah.

Secondly, if these games are not available to web buyers, it should be clearly stated, thereby giving everyone the same equal chance to ring up and buy. Playing devils advocate here, I think that the £1 games should only be available on the phone, then it's a level playing field - what about those people who are regular viewers and buyers who don't have internet access? Sorry if that's not a popular idea, just my opinion, and in no way alters my view about Carla's good fortune, which has now simply vanished in to thin air!!!

:doggie:

hi all

I am worried about this as I was lucky with the £1.00 auctions I checked out straight away with some other stuff in my basket. All of the full price stuff has stock ok but not the £1.00 auction that says awaiting stock.

I'm really sorry to hear your win disappeared from your basket mummybear and I am quite confused.

I tried to get a citrine ring before that wasn't a pound and it said I was too late but the game kept going and the price reduced further for ages!!!!!!!

However Derek said at 17:52 and I quote

webbers take advantage of today

Make sure you empty your basket at the end of today

He then encouraged people to go to shopping telly.com telly everyone to read what was said about the jewellery and said they might find a suprise I assumed the discount.

Perhaps the web is just overloaded, I hope so

Cleopatra

Sorry to hear this MB! Gems have gone dowhill and has lost a lost of us :rolleyes: regular buyers - me included. I have not purchased any items since the new web site and it looks like I won't be in the future either!

Shame really as I have had some stunning pieces in the past and have had excellent CS in the past as well.

Cleopatra I'm sorry but I think your £1 auction may have been removed as well

Whenever I've had something that says 'awaiting stock' I've never got it

If they have removed something from you after checkout then that really IS bad.

I think that Derek may have shot himself (or Gems) in the foot by suggesting that viewers go to ST tonight 'cos it'll be a nasty surprise not a nice one!

Jantac

I have just checked my confirmation E mail and it says no longer available against the £1.00 auction. But the order total includes them, The plot thickens. I will obviously wait and see what happens but I do have concerns. I hope this can be resolved in an amicable manner as I assume the goods have been sold in good faith in line with their promotion

Cleopatra

Derek has just advised people that are on freeview to go to the website to take advantage of the £1 games. What on earth is going on??? This is all very strange and Gems is beginning to lose credibility with me. (Although I think I may be a way behind everyone on the forum with this...........................)

Well Debsie - your post says it all really - Gems have gone downhill rapidly! You are not the only one who has reduced their spending with Gems to ZERO but they still don't appear to think they're doing anything wrong!!

Cleopatra - what has happened to you is downright dispicable!

Well folks, I'm about to do a poll -please vote!

Funnily enough all of the £1 games that I have seen are on auctions that only have two in it - which automatically means you have to phone in. Yet the presenters keep talking about using the web.................... Either I'm really stupid or the whole thing is a complete con!!!

how could they do this to you MB
This is starting to sound mighty fishy if you ask me (is anyone actually going to get anything for £1)
I think trading standards should be informed

Gems i hope you are taking note!
i for one will never buy from you again and hope you soon disappear down your own drainpipe :p

Funnily enough all of the £1 games that I have seen are on auctions that only have two in it - which automatically means you have to phone in. Yet the presenters keep talking about using the web.................... Either I'm really stupid or the whole thing is a complete con!!!

Yes, thank you, I thought it was weird as it drops to £1 then disappears of screen saying everyone snatched for £1 and yet no-one has had the chance to phone, I mean what do you have to do call for every item the second they come on screen or dail once then stay on the line all the live long day, they will get more money from phone bidders to by the phone charge.

i just got this Dear Mrs Roberts,

I am very sorry to hear that you lost the ring that you had saved in your basket.

In regards to the £1 games it is only fair to only allow phone bidders…this way it gives everyone the opportunity to call in.

Buying over the web is a lot quicker and all customers watching the television that do not have access to the website always miss out.

We do not like to upset our customers but think this is the only fair way.

Regards

Jodie Hicken

Nothing about reinstating it though or the poor advertising re NO web bidders yet presenters are saying you can bid online.

Disgraceful :mad:

Just a thought...... but it might be good if they advised their presenters of that!!!

And that's another customer lost - I've just cleared my basket.

im a touched by all the support of all you guys on here thank you xx i have emailed them back saying they should have clearly advertised the fact that webbers cant buy the £1 items. And that im not a happy bunny.

I've just come home after being out for most of the day with my friend and I'm a bit tipsy...too much chardoney. I have a plan...mwa haa haa (evil laugh). I am absolutely disgusted by the underhanded selling antics of Gems TV and emtying mummybears basket. They have had thousands (literally) of pounds of me in the past, all from web purchases. Here's my devilish plan...in support of mummybear...why don't we put every item on sale for the rest of the evening into our baskets every single item that we can, but (here's the evil part) not check them out EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That means they won't make a single proper sale. They may never allow another web purchase ever again but at this point I don't care...who's with me?

How drunk are you Huggles?

Good plan not sur eif it will work but I will if everyone else does. TEEHEE :D

can i just point out that i first emailed gems at 12.06pm and didn't get a reply untill 7.01pm doesn't that seem a long time to reply to a complaint??????????

can i just point out that i first emailed gems at 12.06pm and didn't get a reply untill 7.01pm doesn't that seem a long time to reply to a complaint??????????

sounds about right to me

I emailed last Friday and got no response until I sent a second email a week later.

Then I emailed at the same time as you this lunchtime and haven't had an answer yet:(

What did your reply say MB?

Latest posts

Back