A Full Day of Gardening - FANTASTIC!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They say the they deliver to your door and that it saves you going to the night street. What wither fail to say is that you have to wait in ALL DAY. I would never by the gnomes over priced compost, well over priced plant food as miracle gro is just as good at a third of the price and the pots, well the price is just stupid and you have to add p&p to it all. For all gardening stuff I like to see what I am getting and enjoy my visit to the garden centre. So sorry RJ yiu can stuff your overpriced gardening stuff where the sun don't shine. That's my moan for the day.

Someone at QVC must really hate Jilly Halliday - she's got 3 hours of RJ's Garden 8pm - 11pm this evening. Poor woman!

Just listening in the back ground to that b****y awful woman Anne Dawson if she says you know one more time i will not be responsible for my actions:mysmilie_10:

Just back from a long walk with the dog. Lovely weather and you can tell Spring is almost here. Gardening shows are the most boring shows on Earth IMO and even more boring are all the pics people post on Q`s facebook page of their gardens, plant pots and flowerbeds. Who cares that they use the garden gnome`s flower power or wet and forget etc. I really don`t want to see photos of your plastic planters and wooden horse and carts or window boxes !
That horse and cart (or was it a donkey?) did amuse me though.

qvc are so desperate to sell the laser christmas light projector its in the gardening show. i wonder if they will buy anather one:mysmilie_13:

Typical of Q's arrogance to think that a whole day of it is acceptable. However much you like your garden, if you discount the people (like me) who think Q products are way overpriced, and then also take off those who are just not interested in gardening anyway so won't watch, I cannot see that it's economic to push garden stuff for a whole day! You may well be right, may, when you say the "loyal band of followers" will buy, even if they had a day selling nothing else but toilet paper, but for most viewers a whole day is just too much and I'd think people were switching off in droves. A sure fire way to alienate 3/4 of your audience?
Comes back to "fool me once, shame on you... fool me twice, shame on me".

I actually was just watching a gardening hour on Hochanda - young lady guest called Lottie giving planting advice on a variety of different bundles of plants... Just her guesting with presenter Charlie. No hands in pockets, no extra guests. Much nicer than watching RJ sit back and rake in the money.

I just hope the whole day of gardening sees their turnover plummet... then they might take a hint that a whole day of unrelieved gardening is not what their customers want. I dare say the loyalists will spend enough for them to think it's worth doing, but really, I doubt it.

This "we deliver to your door" is such a rubbish sales ploy, errrrrr so does any retailer who has a website!

Much the same as beauty days/weekends

Does anyone want an entire day of one brand even if they use it?

No - absolutely not. It's boring. It's repetitive. It might not be so tedious if they had single shows for brands, but there tend to be a few shows which are the same brands for a whole hour, interspersed with generic beauty shows which feature the same articles over and over. Once you've seen one show, you really don't need to tune in again.

You can have too much of a good thing.

Unfortunately I don't think QVC care, as they are only interested in attracting new customers who are as yet innocent to their wiles.

Nothing wrong with gardening, however QVC might have thought to break it up a bit for all those non-greenfingered people with flats and paved driveways. I haven't tuned in today for fear of that diminutive little rasping gnome roaring at the screen like some sort of pantomime lion on helium. I just cannot abide Richard Jackson for even a split second. He's always banging on about his stupid Flower Power (or flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah): "Raaaaaaaaaaaaa! This gives immense growth..." blah blah blah!" Yeah, so does Phosphogen, so does comfrey juice, so do many things! I suggest the reason he's obsessed with growth is that he never experienced much himself. He's just an awful, aggressive little munchkin!

crikey, 24 hours of gardening. the cia have waterboarding, we have richard jackson. Honestly, there are always going to be things on the telly we don't all like, but why do they insist on putting the same thing on for so many hours? And we get it every weekend. I'm sure even the most hardened and green-fingered garden lovers among us find it too much.

brilliant !!!!

Q have made a big thing recently of their increased sales of gardening items ,so it was only a matter of time before we got the whole boring day .Profits come before anything.

Apparently they've built a new outside set to compliment it.Whoopee! I'd rather go to a garden centre any day even a small one .

Hochanda channel had some very nice plants yesterday with an expert lady who was very informative and not flogging her own brand .

Julius thank goodness i thought i was the only one who disliked this dreadful man and his ridiculously priced products and all the nonsense about tweaking and improving this that and the other so as to sell more of the same thing why people cannot see through this man is beyond me.

:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:This channel is getting worse by the day. if it's not tits and nickers all day you have got gardening all day
fine if you like gardening I haven't got a garden as have many other people.
QVC use to have a wide platform but now it is rubbish, even the tech hours are late night and as for Lea I am sick of hearing him ranting on about his £1700 pound computer and his £2000 plus Apple mother ship oh and his flat overlooking
the Tames NOT CHEEP and going to America twice a month business class he must be on 600K plus.
SORRY FOR THE RANT THIS CHANNEL GETS TO ME THESES DAYS.

:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:This channel is getting worse by the day. if it's not tits and nickers all day you have got gardening all day
fine if you like gardening I haven't got a garden as have many other people.
QVC use to have a wide platform but now it is rubbish, even the tech hours are late night and as for Lea I am sick of hearing him ranting on about his £1700 pound computer and his £2000 plus Apple mother ship oh and his flat overlooking
the Tames NOT CHEEP and going to America twice a month business class he must be on 600K plus.
SORRY FOR THE RANT THIS CHANNEL GETS TO ME THESES DAYS.

The gardeners attend to my London lawn, my neighbour Even tends to my postage stamp of a garden on the Isle of Wight and my flat in Vilnius doesn't have a garden - for it's on the 3rd floor. When I move from London to Luton I won't have a garden either, but it does have a balcony. I can't wait to grow tomatoes and things on there!

Anyone who read the supplement in today's Sunday express will have read the reason why there is so much beauty on Q.

Out of a turnover of half a billion 1/3rd comes from beauty. There is also details of unit volume of recent TSVs

Obviously gardening during the various seasons has a high % of turnover so weekends filled with mind numbing boring products are not going anywhere soon.

As we already knew it confirms that the vendors take the hit on the returns. Obviously the amount of returns on the "fashion" items aren't prohibitive otherwise Kimmy YKim or Anttony wouldn't churn out TSVs at the rate they do.

Anyone who read the supplement in today's Sunday express will have read the reason why there is so much beauty on Q.

Out of a turnover of half a billion 1/3rd comes from beauty. There is also details of unit volume of recent TSVs

Obviously gardening during the various seasons has a high % of turnover so weekends filled with mind numbing boring products are not going anywhere soon.

As we already knew it confirms that the vendors take the hit on the returns. Obviously the amount of returns on the "fashion" items aren't prohibitive otherwise Kimmy YKim or Anttony wouldn't churn out TSVs at the rate they do.

Ah, the good old Sunday Express. I used to like it for the £1000 crossword in the S mag, however I'm not buying it any more due to the anti-EU hatred they peddle. They can't stand anyone or anything remotely foreign. I'd like to read the Q article though. Q obviously make a fortune from beauty - probably because they stock "preeeeeeemyem products for yew" at inflated prices.

Latest posts

Back