A new courier for QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
Yesterday I rang CS to ask for a "it hasn't arrived" letter to be sent as the item was dispatched over ten days ago. The dispatch email stated that it couldn't be tracked because it was coming via Royal Mail.

The woman I spoke to said that it was coming via TNT. šŸ˜³

I've been shopping with QVC since 2005 and things have only ever been delivered by Royal Mail or Hermes and only one item hasn't turned up and that was years ago.

The only TNT couriers I've seen drive lorries, rather than small vans or their own cars. As the missing item is a ring, which I assume would come in the usual small packaging, is it conceivable that a ring would be sent in a large lorry or have I been given the wrong information?

She also said that they use about five couriers but, in my area, Hermes are the only one I've seen dropping off QVC parcels.

They do normally have at least 2 alternatives to their default couriers who are Hermes. You only get a choice if you phone 0800 504030 and speak to someone. It is not surprising if the alternatives vary from area to area. They don't widely advertise that you can choose a different courier, so it must cut into their profit margins.

I think I might ask for a different courier when I next place an order! The current courier seems to be unable to find my address. I bet I forget though.

I think TNT handle the bulk movement of mail between QVC and Royal Mail. You will sometimes seen letters with "Handled by [Whistl, TNT, etc] delivered by Royal Mail" on the envelope. And I think this double handling is why Royal Mail deliveries from QVC take so long. Their part of the service is normal second class, but you have to wait the extra time for TNT to fill their truck before they shift the packages in the first place. If yours is first into the truck, you have to wait for it to fill up.

I wish they'd send all their deliveries with a courier as they deliver much more quickly.

Why are deliveries so much quicker with other retailers?John Lewis use Hermes & I get a delivery within 2/3 days,& usually the same time scales with Amazon, Landsend & Lakeland. QVC & RM are the slowest, when something arrives I have almost forgotten what I ordered.

Yep TNT collect the Royal Mail despatches from QVC, that's their limited involvement in the process but may account for the deliveries taking longer than regular RM 2nd class post. I've had an odd item arrive via DPD and even Yodel too, but I think these might be direct despatch from the vendor. Maybe the customer service person is new and didn't understand the procedure?

Thanks to you all for replying. I didn't realise that TNT collected the RM dispatches from QVC because I've only ever had deliveries from RM or Hermes before. I usually order via the app or QCut but she said if I ring them when placing an order that they will tell me who will be responsible for delivering the order. If I do decide to order that way and it's TNT who will be delivering I won't bother ordering as this order has gone astray.

Even my postman this morning said he'd never seen a TNT van, just huge lorries, so why on earth did QVC think sending a small ring in a cardboard envelope in a lorry was the way to go? It's no doubt lying on the floor of the lorry, never to be seen again.

I wonder if that's why their P&P charges are so high? The customer is the one paying for all this double handling, in the end.

Latest posts

Back