Aaaaaagh somebody tell Jill Franks what kitsch actually means......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dottiebird

Registered Shopper
She really really gets my goat with this:angry:

On the 10.00 pm Kipling hour she's just said to Marie Frannnnnnnnn whateverhernameis. Oh this bag (the TSV) is sooooooo kitsch. The thing is Marie said "Oh yes you are so right". I think they have no idea of the meaning of the word at all......

The noun KITSCH has 1 sense:

1. art in pretentious bad taste

The adjective KITSCH has 1 sense:

1. of a display that is tawdry or vulgar

kitsch; ostentatious; pretentious

Ok, so she's sort of saying that Kipling are rubbish then:cheeky:

Have the people in the gallery no idea either, because she says nearly every time she is on the Kipling shows.

Stupid woman, and Marie whatsherface is no better.

She really really gets my goat with this:angry:

On the 10.00 pm Kipling hour she's just said to Marie Frannnnnnnnn whateverhernameis. Oh this bag (the TSV) is sooooooo kitsch. The thing is Marie said "Oh yes you are so right". I think they have no idea of the meaning of the word at all......

The noun KITSCH has 1 sense:

1. art in pretentious bad taste

The adjective KITSCH has 1 sense:

1. of a display that is tawdry or vulgar

kitsch; ostentatious; pretentious

Ok, so she's sort of saying that Kipling are rubbish then:cheeky:

Have the people in the gallery no idea either, because she says nearly every time she is on the Kipling shows.

Stupid woman, and Marie whatsherface is no better.

actually i think she's spot on. it's all those things.......

If there was a TV award which presenter spouts the most drivel JF would win it hands down. I don't know if she is genuinely thick or if its all an act, but whatever I can't bear her.

Last edited:
The guests must dread apppearing with her, she talks so much drivel, and forgets that she is there to SELL stuff and explain it to us. She spent the first five minutes of the Kipling show doing gurlee stuff with Marie F and as there is something else on I wanted to see, and a handbag I like the look of, had to wait until she had finished her inane chatter. and then she 'forgot' to say the bag I like the OTO was on easy pay, so I missed the grey one and had to get the blue when she said it was on EP. just amazed they allow such incompetence. they should get straight on with the products from the top of the show and leave the wittering for the canteen!

It is thought JF means retro when she says kitsch. It is wondered why she says products are infamous and believed to be that she thinks it means in style and famous. Why she says Kipling bags were invented by Rudyard Kipling remains a mystery.

It is thought JF means retro when she says kitsch. It is wondered why she says products are infamous and believed to be that she thinks it means in style and famous. Why she says Kipling bags were invented by Rudyard Kipling remains a mystery.

No mystery about it. She's thick!

But thats the thing most people now think of the word Kitsch as retro. I see it mentioned that way in design shows etc(she must watch them). Bright colours in kitchens etc, cute retro clothes and bags.

The word has it seems changed its meaning for most of us now.

The other clanger of the night was when she was on with Cathy during the TSV launch - she described the PRAI "Scent of a Woman Nights" EDP as "not a fresh fragrance, it's warm, spicy and MUSTY" How nice...:grin:. Can't wait to walk round smelling like Granny's drawers :wink:

If I know she is presenting a show, I don't watch. Reason: I know I will only get 1% info on the product and 99% inane drivel and self promotion.

I am with Donna on this in that words do change their meaning over time as language is fluid and develops. "Kitsch" now means retro, just like "bad" now seems to be meaning good or great, and "lush" has a totally different meaning now then 40 years ago - as has "gay" for that matter, and not sure anyone would name their little boy Gaylord now.

But thats the thing most people now think of the word Kitsch as retro. I see it mentioned that way in design shows etc(she must watch them). Bright colours in kitchens etc, cute retro clothes and bags.

The word has it seems changed its meaning for most of us now.

Not for me Donna

Latest posts

Back