ad skin synergy or a'kin?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

picknmix

Registered Shopper
i have just finished my bottle of ad skin synergy and wanted to buy a new one, but its showing on waitlist. i love using rosehip oil so should i switch to a'kin as i can't bear to wait. also which one out of the two in the a'kins range has given u the best results? i have normal/oily combo skin. any help would be much appreciated.

i have just finished my bottle of ad skin synergy and wanted to buy a new one, but its showing on waitlist. i love using rosehip oil so should i switch to a'kin as i can't bear to wait. also which one out of the two in the a'kins range has given u the best results? i have normal/oily combo skin. any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Picknmix,
I think you will love A'kin's rosehip and the cellular radiance serum. The only difference is that they smell 'earthy'(I don't find them unpleasant at all), but not quite the same as the aromatic AD oil you would be used to.
If that does not bother you, then the difference is that the rosehip oil is slightly heavier then the radiance serum. I prefer the texture of the radiance serum, because it's lighter of the two. For your combo skin I think you might prefer this,too. Also there are more ingredients in the serum, and only rosehip as the main ingredient in the oil. What most people do is use the rosehip at night for a boost in nourishment and the serum during the day as this also has very potent antioxidants which are very important during the day for sun protection. Hope this helps.

I just went onto the QVC website to check out the price with p+p versus AD's own website and its disappeared off the beuaty brand listings. Have they discontinued it. I'd be really shocked as its meant to have been really successful.

Anyhoo if you know you like it so aren't buying it for QVCs 30MBG you can get it direct from AD skin synergy with free p+p for £38.00 so not sure how that compares price wise.

I have to say I agree with everything galaxy says here. I loved the A'Kin Rosehip Oil. But I have now fallen in love with the Cellular Radiance Serum and find that suits my skin better. I use that during the day and I'm actually using the AD Skin Synergy at night. My skin is looking a lot better of late for this combination.

Both the A'kin ones do smell 'earthy' but not in a poo kind of way - in a clean, fragrant fresh way. The Cellular Radiance is a slightly lighter colour - the Rosehip oil is very orange, which looks scary but doesn't alter your skin colour at all.

HTH a bit (which it probably doesn't :wink: )

the item no. for ad skin synergy is 221907 and yes it's not on the website but does come up on google search...v confusing. thankyou galaxy for your reply, it's exactly what i hoped to find out.

i used to use AD skin synergy range and it is the product that made me convinced that "natural" products can and do work. I have since fallen in love with the A'kin range and feel it is an affordable and very very hard working range. I found AD skin synergy was good for dealing with breakouts and helping to calm my then very hormonal skin down, but all in all would recommend A'Kin above AD skin synergy as it is a very comparable range and much more competitve price-wise.

I've tried all the oils (Decleor, AD, A'kin etc) and loved them all but found them a bit expensive . THEN I found this in M&S and it's great.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Formula-Age-Repair-Phytoceramide-Treatment/dp/B0039CZXO4?customerReviews=true

Although I'm 54 My skin is normalish, certainly not dry but this oil doesn't make it too greasy or congested.

At that price I really would recommend it. I'm going to try the other treatments in the range next.

Linda xx

Thanks for that info EM. It certainly looks the part, very Anne Semonin look to it, but 10 times cheaper. I'll certainly will give it a go, too.:mysmilie_504:

Hi Picknmix,
I think you will love A'kin's rosehip and the cellular radiance serum. The only difference is that they smell 'earthy'(I don't find them unpleasant at all), but not quite the same as the aromatic AD oil you would be used to.
If that does not bother you, then the difference is that the rosehip oil is slightly heavier then the radiance serum. I prefer the texture of the radiance serum, because it's lighter of the two. For your combo skin I think you might prefer this,too. Also there are more ingredients in the serum, and only rosehip as the main ingredient in the oil. What most people do is use the rosehip at night for a boost in nourishment and the serum during the day as this also has very potent antioxidants which are very important during the day for sun protection. Hope this helps.

Thankyou for the info, I've been using them the other way around, oops, the rosehip during the day and the serum at night. :confused:

Thankyou for the info, I've been using them the other way around, oops, the rosehip during the day and the serum at night. :confused:

Don't worry BSG, it's still fine. Just that the benefit is greater during daytime, for sun protection(together with sun cream). There is a lot of research that says that best sun defence is antioxidants coupled with suncream. Suncream on its own is not as effective as the the two together. You would still benefit from the antioxidants at night as well.
Here is a bit about the serum, if interested:
http://purist.com/product.php?product=174

I wouldn't worry about which way around to use them as they both do a very good job.

Antioxidants in the serum as Galaxy has said are good in the daytime but antioxidants also repair the skin so good to use at night.

Love the Rosehip oil and serum and cannot believe they didn't make it into the Customer Beauty awards when it's clear by the reviews what a great products they are.

Maybe A'kin didn't give them enough freebies! :cheeky:

I'm am interested in trying out A'kin but does anyone know what their Animal Testing policy is at it seems a bit vague on their website? Thanks.

I've tried all the oils (Decleor, AD, A'kin etc) and loved them all but found them a bit expensive . THEN I found this in M&S and it's great.

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Formula-Age-Repair-Phytoceramide-Treatment/dp/B0039CZXO4?customerReviews=true

Although I'm 54 My skin is normalish, certainly not dry but this oil doesn't make it too greasy or congested.

At that price I really would recommend it. I'm going to try the other treatments in the range next.

Linda xx

Thanks for that Eric's Mum - was looking at this when I was in M & S a couple of weeks ago and wondering what it'd be like - I didn't buy as I've some A'kin to use up, but will certainly give it a try when I need to re-stock

Looked on the Aussie site, link above with lots of good info, and it says to use the Radiance serum at night.

Also from the site it says the products are "formulated without animal products or animal testing".

Last edited:
thank you for all you help. i was planning on going to m+s tomorrow and buying their own brand as recommended by Erics Mum, but had a quick peak on the bay and there's rosehip oil really cheap. should i stay clear from these? am really confused how they can say it's the good quality, but sell it sooo cheap.

Looked on the Aussie site, link above with lots of good info, and it says to use the Radiance serum at night.
Also from the site it says the products are "formulated without animal products or animal testing".

By all means you can use the serum at any time, day or night (as I mentioned in my post above). Reason why this serum is particularly good to use during day time it' s because is high in antioxidants. Again, it's not a must, but I think probably a wise choice if there is any truth in this:

"There is also growing research showing that topically applied antioxidants can help protect from sun damage. Although antioxidants don't replace the need to use sunscreens, when used in combination with them, they are highly effective and a wonderful addition to the protective value of a well-formulated sunscreen (Sources: Journal of Cosmetic Science, November-December 2003, pages 589-598; Cosmetics & Toiletries, August 2002, page 100; and Photodermatology, Photoimmunology, and Photomedicine, April 2003, pages 56-72.). "

I've quoted this from: http://www.cosmeticscop.com/skin-care-facts-uva-uvb-sun-protection-antioxidants.aspx if anyone is interested to read the whole article.

Latest posts

Back