advice needed

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bygoneshopper

Registered Shopper
hello all, i am going to a wedding in July & i suffer badly from Psoriasis usually it doesn't bother me as i cover my arms with tattoo cover up sleeves but my hands have broken out in big red patches my Dr gave me creams but is not helping ... what would be a good beauty product to either cover up or tone down the red patches on my hands to make it look less unsightly thanks in advance for any advice

Do you use "vaseline" or Petroleum jelly on your skin?
thanks but never used that just creams given to me by my Dr ... i have tried concealer onmyhand to cover the redness but after a short period of time is flakes off due to the hands being less smooth on the hands than the face

In winter, my hands (knuckles mainly) get really sore. They crack and sometimes bleed as well. It’s actually quite painful at times and I think I have tried every hand cream on the market. Nothing cured it to be honest until I tried this. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now and I haven’t had a single break out in that time.
For the price, I really think it’s worth a try

hello all, i am going to a wedding in July & i suffer badly from Psoriasis usually it doesn't bother me as i cover my arms with tattoo cover up sleeves but my hands have broken out in big red patches my Dr gave me creams but is not helping ... what would be a good beauty product to either cover up or tone down the red patches on my hands to make it look less unsightly thanks in advance for any advice
Would this be any good? Has good reviews generally and your post asks for something to cover up/ tone down as opposed to “a cure”.
May be worth a try under the money back guarantee.

I suffer from psoriasis, contact dermatitis and very dry hands if I don’t put hand cream on every day. I was prescribed Eumovate for my last psoriasis outbreaks and it worked a treat to calm the irritation and the patches, on arm and hand, faded after a month or so. I have rosacea too and decided to try an antihistamine every morning which has been successful in calming my skin, I usually have flare ups with certain food and medication reactions.

Many years ago I was prescribed zinc (without the castor oil) for my psoriasis and it was a magic wand. It was unavailable in the UK for many years and I toyed with having it shipped from the US via Amazon.com. Due to your post I have looked on Amazon.co.uk and they have this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079J3BRMS/?tag=shoppingcom03-21. NICE must have reevaluated it. I am going to get a tube to see if it still works it’s magic.

Good Luck.

p.s. The Working Hands range is the best on the market in my opinion, I have tried them all, for bringing relief quickly to very dry hands and feet.

A lot of creams have petrolum jelly in them. But what was the reason for asking?
the reason i was asking was in my original post to hide the red rashes on my hand for a wedding in July i seem to remember QVC had a cream that a BA showed that covered up birthmarks & acne red spots it was a while ago

I suffer from psoriasis, contact dermatitis and very dry hands if I don’t put hand cream on every day. I was prescribed Eumovate for my last psoriasis outbreaks and it worked a treat to calm the irritation and the patches, on arm and hand, faded after a month or so. I have rosacea too and decided to try an antihistamine every morning which has been successful in calming my skin, I usually have flare ups with certain food and medication reactions.

Many years ago I was prescribed zinc (without the castor oil) for my psoriasis and it was a magic wand. It was unavailable in the UK for many years and I toyed with having it shipped from the US via Amazon.com. Due to your post I have looked on Amazon.co.uk and they have this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079J3BRMS/?tag=shoppingcom03-21. NICE must have reevaluated it. I am going to get a tube to see if it still works it’s magic.

Good Luck.

p.s. The Working Hands range is the best on the market in my opinion, I have tried them all, for bringing relief quickly to very dry hands and feet.
thanks for your help i am currently using prescribed doublebase, calcipotriol, & Psioderme from the Dr although its hydrated my skin they don't seem to help with the redness thats why i'masking about something to hide or lighten the look of the red skin thanks again

Would this be any good? Has good reviews generally and your post asks for something to cover up/ tone down as opposed to “a cure”.
May be worth a try under the money back guarantee.
thank youi did see that on QVC which gave me the idea i sent them a PM & got this reply

Hi there, although the item may help we cannot confirm if it would have the desired effect you are wanting I'm afraid. You would need to try the product within the money back guarantee period to see if it would be suitable. Lesley

you don't work for QVC do you 😂😂😂

thank youi did see that on QVC which gave me the idea i sent them a PM & got this reply

Hi there, although the item may help we cannot confirm if it would have the desired effect you are wanting I'm afraid. You would need to try the product within the money back guarantee period to see if it would be suitable. Lesley

you don't work for QVC do you 😂😂😂
No, but spookily Lesley is my middle name….😯

In winter, my hands (knuckles mainly) get really sore. They crack and sometimes bleed as well. It’s actually quite painful at times and I think I have tried every hand cream on the market. Nothing cured it to be honest until I tried this. I’ve been using it for a couple of years now and I haven’t had a single break out in that time.
For the price, I really think it’s worth a try

I agree that is a very good hand cream. Alas I can no longer use it as I was allergic to one of the ingredients. But well worth a try for anyone with sore cracked fingers/hands.

A lot of creams have petrolum jelly in them. But what was the reason for asking?
Because most ointments have a lot of ingredients that cause irritations. If someone has very dry skin that cracks and rarely heals by itself a basic petroleum jelly with nothing added can be a an excellent way of protecting the skin and aid healing.

I`ve had reactions to several cleaning/washing up products so when my hands flare up I use this in the link below. No nasties in it and seems to calm things down very quickly. You only need a small amount.

There was a brand long ago on QVC, a US brand, which I cannot remember the name of. It covered port wine stains and tattoos.

It is still around if anyone has seen the Lady Gaga Born This Way video, there is a man on it who is tattooed from head to feet. He became the face of the campaign for the brand as they applied the product and who would not realize he had tattoos.

I would google tattoo makeup cover. Also, if you have a large Boots there brand KVD their foundation will cover tattoos.

Latest posts

Back