Ali Y “Qualified beauty expert”

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have to laugh when people who are up their own a.......ses use the term "industry". Those in showbusiness use it all the time "in this industry", "the industry I'm in", "in our industry". Oh get a sodding life, you're not that ****** important !
I thought an industry manufactured something. Showbiz bullcrap more like dahhling!

Don't forget in her blogs/book/Daily Mail articles she keeps saying we don't need to buy all these beauty products when just one would do. Unbelievable, you couldn't make it up!!
Her job on Q is to shift products. Which is why she recommends each brand she brings to air as curing every issue up to, and including, death.

And why she always advises customers to buy all the products in a range with ever increasing numbers of steps to get "the best results".

At the end of the day, if any skincare range did more than smell nice and make skin feel softer, and actually stopped or reversed signs of ageing, Q wouldn't need to sell large numbers of makeup brands with multiple products for concealing perceived "flaws".

And you wouldn't get guests, models and BAs turning up with enough Botox and facial fillers to keep an army of Cher lookylikeys going for decades

Don't forget in her blogs/book/Daily Mail articles she keeps saying we don't need to buy all these beauty products when just one would do. Unbelievable, you couldn't make it up!!
Considering she once posted a picture showing masses of products in her bathroom.

I also recall a BA who said you didn't need to use all their products and she told them she slapped them all on.

I agree with you too. She can be quite rude to Will and makes certain he knows he is the lackey, at least she comes across that way to me. We have someone at work like that, she thinks she is a bloomin' consultant, dream on! She is also rude to patients visitors and has reduced some to tears, not cool.
Will is very good natured and lets her comments ride over him. Your colleague at work will get her comeuppance one day.

Margaret Dabbs hand care goes matt on contact which I suppose make's it easier to do whatever you have to do but I like something to feel comforting. The handwash smells gorgeous but again has that drying feel to it.
That's surprising. Dryness is the last thing you want.

I love & ooze dry humour, but one has to be careful, as it's very easily misunderstood. It's a risk to use it in her role, but it seems (she feels) she's untouchable.

One can only get away with being a knowall, if one is, indeed, a know all. I don't think she is, never mind 'industry this, industry that' Someone who mixes vats of factory face gloop could be 'in the industry'
She's got the gift of the gab, and like Keely, she can carry on talking for what seems like forever. Boring.

The only Margaret Dabbs product I’ve liked is her nail and cuticle serum. I gave up with the leg serum and disposed of it. With all the hand washing my normally strong nails were suffering. The nail serum is very good. I originally bought it from QVC quite a while ago to address a problem I had with one nail and it worked wonders, so I decided to get it again. This time I sourced it elsewhere at a far better price and so bought it.

The only Margaret Dabbs product I’ve liked is her nail and cuticle serum. I gave up with the leg serum and disposed of it. With all the hand washing my normally strong nails were suffering. The nail serum is very good. I originally bought it from QVC quite a while ago to address a problem I had with one nail and it worked wonders, so I decided to get it again. This time I sourced it elsewhere at a far better price and so bought it.
I agree the nail serum is very good. The other hand products are not great as they make the hands feel too matt

Margaret Dabbs hand care goes matt on contact which I suppose make's it easier to do whatever you have to do but I like something to feel comforting. The handwash smells gorgeous but again has that drying feel to it.

I've tried a lot of the hand (yellow) range and find it very drying. I wonder did I use too much product? I like the fragrance and the initial feel but the dry parts of my hand looked so very very dry. It's a while ago now so specific detail long gone.

The foot lotion worked so well I've been dissapointed with just about everything since. That was really life changing. For some reason my feet don't exfoliate properly, then life changed and the problem got worse, if it wasn't for the foot lotion at that time walking would have become very very painful. Now the problem is under control generally I can use other brands but that really changed things totally for me. I'll always be thankful. What the lotion didn't solve the file eventually did. I'll stop I could even bore Margaret herself with my praise for those two.

She's got the gift of the gab, and like Keely, she can carry on talking for what seems like forever. Boring.
….yes she appears to be able to talk about nothing of importance for hours on end. Keeley is similar and intersperses the nothingness with acronyms no one understands and what sounds like chemical terms from the periodic table to sound important or to baffle customers into buying. Urgh roll on 2022!

Latest posts

Back