Alice Cooper

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.

tristarMk11

Registered Shopper
Anyone have a faint idea which presenter to whom I refer? Those heavy, heavy black eyes, I cant stand to look at them, they are like Coal. Its not attractive, Iv heard of the smoky look but wow!

Knew who you meant straight away. The thick black around her eyes looks awful. Did you see the SBC woman try to get her eye make up off the other day? It didn't work.

Well lets discuss how we think she is settled in? I have noticed she is becoming more brash, she started off relativley subdued maybe due to al negative attention but now she shouts out the details. I watch and its like being shouted at for an hour, she is also heavy sell, maybe a trait from her days on Bid/price drop. She would do ok over there but I feel she isnt right for Q, in fact, I thought it from the very start. If you compare her with Jackie who was taken on around the same time, well they are like chalk and cheese. Jackie is clever, Chloe less so, and thats being kind!

It must be branded on with a poker from the fire! Iv yet to see her without the black eyes, very very heavy eyes for daytime isnt it? Im hardly expert on ladies eye make up but just think she looks ridiculous. She has a sort of over confidence which comes across as quite cocky.

Chloe drives me up the wall she doesn't gel with any of the guests and has no interest in anything except shouting at the screen. She does not scream Qvc presenter

She shrieks and she bullies the viewer I think. Her presenting style suits Bid and price drop but then, thats where she learnt her craft! How daft of qvc to think her suitable. I know she is covering for Claire/Catherine but at the moment, everytime I switch on Alice is there. Jackie could run rings round her, yet they make poor use of Jackie, who is their biggest asset I think, where all we get is wall to wall Chloe, Sorry, I mean Alice!

I think she's a permanent member of staff now, and is here to stay. They all must do so many hours on tele, but maybe she's standing in at the minute for Claire, who is sick, but she's gonna be on all the time now

Alice has been covering for Claire and I think maybe catherine too, as well as her own shifts. I just wish they had called in Jackie. Jackie is on not near enough but I suspect that is her choice. She seems a very bright lady who probably has a lot of other things to do besides her shopping tv role. Where as maybe for Alice, its the be all and end all. I cant see Alice cutting back her hours for Mensa. I cannot belive anyone hasnt had a word about the black eyes, gosh some days, you cant see her eyes at all, she looks like a chimney sweeper!

I am not keen on Chloe's presenting style but I like her eyemake up and style of dress.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I don't think she's too bad. Still finding her way a bit but starting to rely on stock phrases. 'Sensational' is starting to annoy. I think she's smart enough to know that she's not the finished article yet but she does have potential. If they would all just concentrate on the product (and guest) it would stop them sounding forced and slightly desperate. I agree that Jackie should be the benchmark. So easy on the ear.

I am not keen on Chloe's presenting style but I like her eyemake up and style of dress.

Funny how we all see/like different things. I think her eye make up is awful. She always looks scruffy to me. She doesn't seem well presented.

It's her own style though and I like to dress like that too. I am well presented when I work (smart suit, nice shoes) but if I has a job where I was free to dress in my own personal style- which is casual, comfortable, relaxed and a bit "rock chick" complete with slouchy bag- I would wear what pleases me. There are other presenters who dress in a quirky but casual way too.

If Chloe went back to how she presented when she started I would not have criticised her presenting style.

Funny how we all see/like different things. I think her eye make up is awful. She always looks scruffy to me. She doesn't seem well presented.

Same here, she looks a right scruff. I like her presenting style though.

I said this the other week but i'll say it again. When they are at work(on tv) they should look smart or at least presentable.

I wonder whether QVC are hoping to catch the interest of a younger audience? The bottom line will be the quantity of units shifted in a presenter's hours. A career in direct selling seems a retrograde step for someone like Jackie who maybe originally aspired to become a news anchor. Or maybe being a roving reporter is too unpredictable whereas QVC offers predictable hours in the same location. Equally we don't know why Chloe decided to forsake Sky Sports but does have experience of TV shopping.

It's early days to write off Chloe and I don't have a problem with her dressing her age, she'd look weird in a Margot Leadbetter maxi like Claire Sutton.

Same here, she looks a right scruff. I like her presenting style though.

I said this the other week but i'll say it again. When they are at work(on tv) they should look smart or at least presentable.

Completely agree with your assessment of her appearance and the work comment LEL. She is scruffy, but I can't stand her presenting approach (won't call it style as there's no evidence of style lol) she's not one of the jewels in Q's crown.

She might be some bait to catch younger fish - interesting thought...

Chloe did say earlier this week that she's not good at doing her own makeup. Now that's not to start open season on the "you're not kidding" comments. She was on with Johnny from LG and he'd clearly done her make up and she did look better. Still her style just a bit less heavy handed so maybe she's taking whatever help she can get.

I quite like her as a presenter but I do think she dresses a but too casual for her job. I don't mind the jeans or leggings as such but let's have them with a smart top or a simple top and jacket. She's a perfectly pleasant looking woman with a good figure. I don't want her shoved in a shift frock or a pencil skirt just something a bit more glam please.

And secretly I'm envious of the heavy eyeliner and smoky eye look. I can't wear it or I look like a bush baby with black eyes.

Perhaps AY should take her in hand as regards guiding her towards one of the guests who could help her with make- up for her age and lifestyle. She needs a working look as well as being herself when relaxing.

Perhaps AY should take her in hand as regards guiding her towards one of the guests who could help her with make- up for her age and lifestyle. She needs a working look as well as being herself when relaxing.

As long as she doesnt get fashion advice from AY she'll be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back