Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When I used to walk my dog very early in the morning (sadly she became very ill and she was put to sleep 6 weeks ago 😢) I would always put on my eyebrows, mascara and a bit of lippy even though I knew the only living things I'd see would be owls, bats and deer.
Your dog had a happy life with you, try to remember the happy times you had with them.

No Andi I would never have recognised her.
To be honest at first I thought she was advertising a device to pull up the chin.
So did I 🤦🏼‍♀️
She is a kind lady. I don't mind her at all. Recently I saw an old picture of her and she was lovely in it .Shame she piled on so much weight and some of the clothes that she chooses to war does not do her any favours..
Wishing her a very speedy recovery (y)🌷🌷

Some of those horsey beasts are eye wateringly high up. I see them trotting about on our country roads, and there's no way jose I would get up on one. Too many scare stories of broken backs, necks and the rest. I remember Christopher Reeve (Superman) ending up a paraplegic when he was thrown off his horse.

Alison is clearly an experienced horsewoman, but even she couldn't stop her horse from throwing her. God speed Alison.
You are right about them being high up ! The first time I sat on one , during my lessons, I was petrified that I will be thrown off and when the trainer took me onto the road, I was scared a car will frighten my horse and it will sprint off ,like seen in film 😂They are beautiful animals😍

I am scared of everything but I love horse riding. I don't do it a lot but when I do I find it exhilarating. One of the best horse riding I ever did was in Jamaica on holiday we rode for hours. Through the villages all the locals waving to us. In the sea, on the beach. Wow!

Walking out the front door is risky. Doing things you love can be dangerous, but if they make you feel glad to be alive, it's a wonderful, joyful experience. If it's not our thing, it doesn't mean others shouldn't do it either.
Ali loves her horses, and even if she can be seriously injured riding them it's her choice.
I hope this doesn't represent the end of her riding days unless it's her choice.

i don’t really agree with anyone using animals for pleasure. Centuries ago horses used for work was one thing but camels and donkeys for some drunk person (over or under weight) to take a selfie is unnecessary. I don’t approve of zoos either.

Now i know I am a hypocrite because I’m not a vegan but although I like meat I rarely eat it now.

What upsets me is when I see pictures of extremely overweight people riding donkeys abroad it’s very cruel and yes I’m talking about you Alison Hammond 😡
I couldn't agree more Lynne. when I saw those photos of her in the paper :mad: 😮

I don't like the loud mouth anyway, but to sit on those poor animals at her size, and in that heat!!!

It strikes me as a bit 'off' all the people who have complained about AY's appearance, voice, attitude, etc. are now so friendly towards her. I wouldn't wish her ill, but I still don't like her one bit on QVC. Folks are strange. (Some horse/pony riding establishments weigh people before they let them ride their animals.)

It strikes me as a bit 'off' all the people who have complained about AY's appearance, voice, attitude, etc. are now so friendly towards her. I wouldn't wish her ill, but I still don't like her one bit on QVC. Folks are strange. (Some horse/pony riding establishments weigh people before they let them ride their animals.)
I am the same don't like her but wouldn't wish her ill.

I liked her at the Beauty bash. She stood for hours and spoke to everyone and there was a lot of people waiting. One of the nicer staff working for QVC imo.
I can well believe that. I think others have said the same? I still like having a bit of a laugh at Alison‘s expense (eg some of her outfits and the way she goes on about being the Resident Beauty Expert) but then again, she laughs at herself. She has irritated me in the past but it helps that I hardly see any of them these days so my view of most of them has softened.

I couldn't agree more Lynne. when I saw those photos of her in the paper :mad: 😮

I don't like the loud mouth anyway, but to sit on those poor animals at her size, and in that heat!!!

Couldn't agree more. She should be ****** ashamed of herself the fat .......... I know John Nettles is a big advocate of the Donkey Sancturary and I can only imagine what he thought.

I rarely agree with Ruthless, but I applauded her for her honesty at the time she and Eammon lost their Good Morning gig. She pointedly remarked that they were both journalists who had done their time learning their trade, who had lost out to someone who had appeared on a reality show. So true. I suppose Alison Hammond spared us the images of seeing her in tight tracksuit bottoms during her stint on Strictly, unlike the latest morbidly obese contestant who seemingly suffers no embarrassment in how she looks. I hope there are paramedics standing in the wings for when she does the jive !

I'm please AY is fully recovered and back on QVC. I flicked on the channel when I saw that post but it was Cozee Home so I flicked back off. I must look out for her next time there's a beauty TSV.

Probably a good laugh off set and on it in one particular blooper. Trouble is for her, she is in a rather po-faced and humourlessly delicate area of selling. You would love to see her let loose to chuck a few custard pies at that bloke (Andrew, is it) who seems to have been on QVC longer than the Bayeux Tapestry (about 200 feet), or crack a few filthy jokes, but irreverent, simpering pomposity is the order of the day in ‘Beauty’ as it is in department stores, too.. Sorry she fell off her horse. Looks nasty - the accident, not the presenter.

Latest posts

Back