All these kitchen gadgets

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd forgotten I had an Actifry, I keep it in the garage, but I do use it when I fancy chips, but not for anything else though. There is no room for it in the kitchen, it has a large footprint.

I've got an Actifry - my OH and I both love the chips and wedges it makes but the offspring prefer oven chips! My bread maker gets used in fits and starts mainly because I'm the one that gets it ready to run over night but the bread is too hot to slice in the morning and by the time I'm home from work it's all gone - so no motivation there really lol.

Stick blender with attachments and an old fashioned 2 beater electric whisk are my most used gadgets, whilst the food processor just sits there these days!

Slow cooker seemed such a good idea for a while but now it just takes up work surface along with the juicer!!

Im not at all tempted by the TSV and think its really ugly and far too small capacity to be useful.

Hubby used our bread maker all the time but it broke. We haven't really got space for a new one because he bought a big blender thing and that takes up bread maker space. He has a slow cooker which he loves but I hate slow cooker food, he shares whatever he has made with the dog!
I nearly got the ninja but gave myself a talking too, I only wanted it to make slush puppy drinks

I guess we all have our 'departments' and the kitchen shows have never held my intrest and I actually have never bought a kitchen gadget or anything from the kitchen shows, all these storage containers and cups and bowls, and I cant even get excited about the bigger things, I never liked cooking, eating but not cooking.

I dont have a lot of kitchen gadgets but as a keen baker I umm and arr over a Kitchen Aid everytime they are on. I would love one but balk at the cost, Im sure it would be worth it but everytime I bake using my 6 year old £9.99 handmixer I talk myself out of it.:thinking:

I dont have a lot of kitchen gadgets but as a keen baker I umm and arr over a Kitchen Aid everytime they are on. I would love one but balk at the cost, Im sure it would be worth it but everytime I bake using my 6 year old £9.99 handmixer I talk myself out of it.:thinking:
You can't call it baking if you use one of those machines Yorko it's just assembling, so keep strong - you don't need it lol

I have fallen for a few gadgets in my time, juicer, ice cream maker, bread maker, all either hidden at the back of a cupboard or given away, I am not even keen on my microwave, but I do like and use regularly my electric steamer, and nespresso coffee machine, both great and worth every penny, am tempted with the Ninja though as it seems far smaller than my food processor,

Last edited:
Strato are u over filling the magic bullet? sometimes mine has leaked when ive done that . Otherwise fill it with water and shake it see if the sill has been damaged, eBay sell replacements beakers and blades

My favourite kitchen gadget is my non stick electric wok. Not from Q, although that's where I first saw one.
Makes stir fries a doddle but also good for general frying and can also do chillis, curries etc in it. Love it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Can't believe that pancake maker sold out. I see it gathering dust in hundreds of cupboards from 12th Feb onwards.

What a load of crepe.

I must confess to being a sucker for kitchen bits and bobs. the quest for the perfect olive oil dispenser being the holy grail
even worse I'm a sucker for stationery shops how sad is that?

I have a very tiny kitchen, 11x5 ft and loads of gadgets, maybe for making up in the lacking department but I do use them, from QVC Cooks Essentials- 2 x fast cook pots; mini oven still going strong after many years :) Used to have the madalin/slicer and raved over it for many years but when I ended up in casualty with a cut down to the bone on my thumb threw it away, I still wince when I remember the pain; went many years without a microwave but now have one back as it was given to me, a bread maker and used it all the time, now gone to gadget heaven. None QVC - decent manual expresso machine and burr grinder seperate and contemplating now roasting my own coffee - I'm a heavy coffee addict but to my credit don't drink or smoke; magic bullet, good for currys. I hate cooking but do a lot for the family tho I don't make cakes or desserts much but we encourage the kids to cook from scratch and often do baking sessions, mostly bread. I'd love a Kitchen Aid but can't afford and wouldn't use it but it's doesn't stop me from covetting one.

Don't buy the olive oil dispenser from Q - save your pennies. I bought the set of oil/vinegar dispensers and I'm on my second set as the rubber tears

I have a very tiny kitchen, 11x5 ft and loads of gadgets, maybe for making up in the lacking department but I do use them, from QVC Cooks Essentials- 2 x fast cook pots; mini oven still going strong after many years :) Used to have the madalin/slicer and raved over it for many years but when I ended up in casualty with a cut down to the bone on my thumb threw it away, I still wince when I remember the pain; went many years without a microwave but now have one back as it was given to me, a bread maker and used it all the time, now gone to gadget heaven. None QVC - decent manual expresso machine and burr grinder seperate and contemplating now roasting my own coffee - I'm a heavy coffee addict but to my credit don't drink or smoke; magic bullet, good for currys. I hate cooking but do a lot for the family tho I don't make cakes or desserts much but we encourage the kids to cook from scratch and often do baking sessions, mostly bread. I'd love a Kitchen Aid but can't afford and wouldn't use it but it's doesn't stop me from covetting one.

Is your QVC mini-oven a shiny metallic one with a rotisserie, like the one O got as a TSV?

A woman after my own heart - why oh why did I buy a juicer? So much effort and cleaning for a glassful of fruit juice!
Ive got a thing for baking tins and Pans too lol

Yes, mine's up in the loft, has been for years, just remembered lol! Even after dishwashing the darn thing it had dried bits of pulp on the filter & it took up so much space! Oh yes & it dribbled everywhere. Must chuck it out!

Did anyone see the err "herb scissors"? They were an absolute must have, in fact I honestly don't know I chopped chives without them! I almost ordered twice in the excitement but actually refrained and decided to stick to the drudgery of chopping herbs with my trusty kitchen ones:giggle:

For those that lust after a KitchenAid, they are lovely (as you will have seen from an earlier post, I have both a food processor and a stand mixer, both bought as bargains) and gorgeous to have out on the counter. However, functionally, a good Kenwood stand mixer works just as well.

My first mixer was a Kenwood, which must have been 25 years old when I bought it second hand, and then I kept it for 15 years. I replaced it with something that looked fancier but was useless in comparison (big mistake:thinking:). Then I was lucky enough to find a brand new KitchenAid with vairous attachments on a twice yearly visit to Shrewsbury. I sold the attachments (ice cream maker and attachments that replicated what my food processor did) and so the KitchenAid worked out at close to £150. For Christmas, I asked for a lovely big Glass Bowl attachment that has half as much capacity again as my steel bowl.

I'm currently having a bit of a spring clean and have been clearing cupboards for the charity shop. Hadn't thought to look in the kitchen but this thread has prompted me and the charity shop is now going to receive my juicer, a gadget that converts Butter back to cream (bought at the Ideal Home exhibition yanks ago, what was I thinking :confused:) and a popcorn maker. That should free up a bit of space to be able to get some new gadgetry, although not yesterday's TSV :rock:

Latest posts

Back