Angelina's fan club

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well it's Friday and Angelina is at it again. She really does think customers are stupid (mind you some must be) she's selling Labradorite as a momento of the aurora borealis. Labradorite?????
She says were you looking at the northern lights last weekend thinking that you must buy so and so a piece of jewellery to remind them of this phenomenon. So she has Labradorite ring, pendant and earrings just for that event.
Whatever next will this woman try

It amazes me how tenuous some of their links are to try to get people to part with their money.

Haha, that reminds me of every time they bring out that carved, blue seashell with the supposed Mikimoto pearl. They always refer to the Titanic of all things! Ludicrous connections indeed.
Bearing in mind how many times we saw that carved blue seashell thing and the amount of time it took them to sell them, I can't believe they then had another one made in a different shade of blue!

She says were you looking at the northern lights last weekend thinking that you must buy so and so a piece of jewellery to remind them of this phenomenon.
Half of the northern hemisphere (except me) saw those lights. They are a regular occurrence for Scandinavia and do you see them, and the rest of the world thinking Labradorite: me wantee. If you want a memento of the lights, that's what cameras are for.
Haha, that reminds me of every time they bring out that carved, blue seashell with the supposed Mikimoto pearl. They always refer to the Titanic of all things! Ludicrous connections indeed.
Maybe one of his pearls went down with the Titanic ;) Or did a Tanzanite go down with it? They equate that stone with the Ship as well.
I seem to remember either Gemporia or JM selling faceted Labradorite a few years ago, which didn’t enhance it at in IMO
I bought, years ago, off JM a Labradorite Cab set: faceted and plain. There were about 30 of them all in, of varying sizes. Buggered if I can remember the price, but it was when the Madagascan stone was first becoming a thing, over the original location.

Here she goes again, can you guess what she's selling dressed like that. Yes Malachite at £500.
Of course there's only 1 available.
Earrings at £200 and of course they're the same as Sotherbys sold for £20,000 haha. Pendant for £200, only 4 left out of 10 exquisite designs.
Sorry Angelina but they're for sale on ebay at a lot less. Does she really think that customers believe the dribble that she spouts.

Attachments

• 20240523_113840.jpg
    20240523_113840.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240523_113812.jpg
    20240523_113812.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 0
Malachite? Nice to look at but, unless you're buying a "one of a kind" (as Emily likes to call them), goodness only knows what yours will be like. Price? Bonkers and it really doesn't look good in gold tat. The green of Malachite seems to highlight the difference between gold-plated and solid gold.

Aquadite (TM) is another. As much as I applaud Yianni Melas for his ethics, copper chalcedony isn't his discovery. He just has the influence in his field to be able to create a trademark. You can buy it directly from Indonesia, from small family firms at a much more affordable price and, in my opinion, nicer examples that are chosen and cut thickly and carefully for beauty.

Here she goes again, can you guess what she's selling dressed like that. Yes Malachite at £500.
Earrings at £200 and of course they're the same as Sotherbys sold for £20,000 haha. Pendant for £200, only 4 left out of 10 exquisite designs.
Sorry Angelina but they're for sale on ebay at a lot less. Does she really think that customers believe the dribble that she spouts.
I think she does believe that. I find her very false and aggressive in her selling she I knows what's best for us!!!

Malachite? Nice to look at but, unless you're buying a "one of a kind" (as Emily likes to call them), goodness only knows what yours will be like. Price? Bonkers and it really doesn't look good in gold tat. The green of Malachite seems to highlight the difference between gold-plated and solid gold.

Aquadite (TM) is another. As much as I applaud Yianni Melas for his ethics, copper chalcedony isn't his discovery. He just has the influence in his field to be able to create a trademark. You can buy it directly from Indonesia, from small family firms at a much more affordable price and, in my opinion, nicer examples that are chosen and cut thickly and carefully for beauty.

Aquaprase is another. He didn't discover that either. Yianni loves a trademark to make something look unique.

Aquaiba Beryl is a con too. It's just a Beryl that isn't green enough to be called an Emerald, but not blue enough to be called Aquamarine. Most Aquamarine starts off as a greenish-blue Beryl, then it's heated to remove the secondary green hue. There's nothing unique about it at all (other than it being overpriced).

Do my eyes deceive me or is that the 'sold out' jade mystery box being advertised? :p IF we don't sell them out on air, I will put them online at the same price. Soooooooo popular, they must have millions of them left. OR they are continually bundling jade up to make space for all the malachite.

Yet another thing learnt for me, and if you wanted to buy direct would you use Aquadite in the search?
Aquaprase is another. He didn't discover that either. Yianni loves a trademark to make something look unique.

Aquaiba Beryl is a con too. It's just a Beryl that isn't green enough to be called an Emerald, but not blue enough to be called Aquamarine. Most Aquamarine starts off as a greenish-blue Beryl, then it's heated to remove the secondary green hue. There's nothing unique about it at all (other than it being overpriced).
Another surprise. I like it here. In between the gripes and jokes about the company and its staff, you can, and do, learn a lot. (This bit goes to all those who have 'taught' me and others something.) Thanks x

Yet another thing learnt for me, and if you wanted to buy direct would you use Aquadite in the search?

Aquadite is the trademarked name - it's proper name 'should' be listed as Copper in Chalcedony or Native Copper in Chalcedony.
Another surprise. I like it here. In between the gripes and jokes about the company and its staff, you can, and do, learn a lot. (This bit goes to all those who have 'taught' me and others something.) Thanks x
I've just thought of another of Yianni's trademarked stones.

'Mansanite' is simply Mali Garnet.

An easy TM'ed one. Santorinite. Spinel that's dyed / diffused or whatever. Nice colour though.

Ah yes, the one they claimed was 'Cobalt' blue - even though its diffused because it had no Cobalt in to give it its colour naturally.......

I'd forgotten all about that stone. The colour is nice but it stands out a mile that its artificially coloured.

I hate diffusion treatment. It looks naff in any stone.

Ah yes, the one they claimed was 'Cobalt' blue - even though its diffused because it had no Cobalt in to give it its colour naturally.......

I'd forgotten all about that stone. The colour is nice but it stands out a mile that its artificially coloured.

I hate diffusion treatment. It looks naff in any stone.
Having you say that, I have a vague remembrance of Cobalt Blue stones. I am not a fan of diffusion either. This is very basic and probably wrong, but I always imagine cutting the stone in half and seeing an obvious division of colour.

Having you say that, I have a vague remembrance of Cobalt Blue stones. I am not a fan of diffusion either. This is very basic and probably wrong, but I always imagine cutting the stone in half and seeing an obvious division of colour.

You're fairly accurate with that to be honest. If you take a look at their 'Andesine', look at the top of the stone, then look at the bottom - you'll notice that the bottom is lighter, and there is often banding too, where the stone wasn't heated enough for the copper and chemicals to penetrate the stone fully.

'Andesine' is the biggest scam of the gemstone world.

Does anyone remember the somewhat unusual type of Emerald that was sold only once years ago? It wasn’t even green but was described as Emerald from Nigeria.Probably just another type of beryl no doubt.

You're fairly accurate with that to be honest. If you take a look at their 'Andesine', look at the top of the stone, then look at the bottom - you'll notice that the bottom is lighter, and there is often banding too, where the stone wasn't heated enough for the copper and chemicals to penetrate the stone fully.

'Andesine' is the biggest scam of the gemstone world.
I've got to admit I succumbed to the Andesine hype years ago - but luckily only bought one silver set ring from Gemporia (or Gems, as it was then), because when it came home I wasn't too impressed with the stone, just OK really, didn't make me want to buy any more.

The best thing about the ring is the setting, not the stone - nice thick silver band. These days you'd need a magnifying glass to even see the silver.

I've got to admit I succumbed to the Andesine hype years ago - but luckily only bought one silver set ring from Gemporia (or Gems, as it was then), because when it came home I wasn't too impressed with the stone, just OK really, didn't make me want to buy any more.

The best thing about the ring is the setting, not the stone - nice thick silver band. These days you'd need a magnifying glass to even see the silver.
It's quite nice to look at, it just infuriates me how they claim its so rare yet all it is is diffused yellow Labradorite.

If you Google Andesine, you'll see some of the controversy about it and details of lawsuits over it.

Latest posts

Back