Another Order Lost to P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I know it's an old chestnut, but QVC are still not hearing the message about what customers want in regard to charges. I rather liked a top and some trousers that matched in last night's new loungewear range. I even got as far as having items in my basket ready. The products were reasonably priced and actually looked nice. However, I then spotted how much P&P I was paying on the order - almost £8! I also had to factor in the risk of it not fitting as it was a range I've never tried before, which meant, potentially, almost £16 being spent in postage charges. No chance. I would have been more inclined to buy if I knew I'd be getting a pre-paid Collect+ label, or similar, which so many other retailers send with goods these days. My eyes have really been opened lately in regard to charges and value for money and how poor QVC perform. The problem is that, as long as people are prepared to love all things QVC there will always be those who are blind to their scamming ways.

I look at QVC, then I go elsewhere to purchase, if I can as frequently I can get the same or similar elsewhere (like on a certain South American river hahaha) for little or no postage. I can't actually remember the last order I placed with Q! Still watch though, sometimes it is just pure entertainment, sometimes it is a car crash, recently not so much though!

I don't know why they can't do muti-line p&p like Ideal World. The half price postage if it is the same colour is quite frankly taking the p***. I've been put off many a time from buying more than one item at a time because the price of postage can add up to almost another item if multi items are bought. I mainly buy skincare and cosmetics never the "fashion"

also the prices dont add up a kipling bag that weighs nothing costing £6 to post. and the worse service ever

Well done for resisting. Frustrating though I know. Maybe the items you wanted will be cheap on ebay in a couple of weeks.

I don't know why they can't do muti-line p&p like Ideal World. The half price postage if it is the same colour is quite frankly taking the p***. I've been put off many a time from buying more than one item at a time because the price of postage can add up to almost another item if multi items are bought. I mainly buy skincare and cosmetics never the "fashion"

I would def buy more if I saved by buying more on postage.

I've said several times on here that I shopped with QVC for the first twenty years and closed my account three years ago, for the usual reasons, used items regularly sent to me and charged for as new, expensive p&p, slow delivery, even slower returns, expensive goods, giving freebies to employees and their friends, and the list goes on, and on. Compare this massive, multi million global, American company to Ideal World who are supposed to be the poor relation, who offer great products at great prices, fast delivery, fast and free returns, multi line p&p, free p&p on many items, problems sorted fast by email, and the list goes on, and on. QVCs expensive prices and p&p is to pay for your "free phone" number, freebies, adverts every five minutes, because let's face it, these things aren't going to come out of their profits now are they, and they rely on their addicted customers to keep them growing.

I would def buy more if I saved by buying more on postage.

Yes I would buy more If the postage was more reasonable, I am just not to willing to take the risk ordering stuff that I may have to return, particularly anything heavier than say a kiping bag, I appreciate that items don't get sent to you for nothing and things like Yankee candles are heavy but there is no rhyme or reason to some of their postage charges for very light items. I have only bought three Tsvs this year and nothing else, once upon a time I would do that in a month but now I seem to have seen the light and can talk myself out of a few potential purchases and am sticking to the DHS

I had a mad 5 minutes earlier in the year and ordered myself some Yong Kim, when they had lots of items on easy pay. I can't stand the crinkled / shark bite / layered to the point where you look as if you couldn't decide what to wear so put everything on looks, but like some of their other pieces. It all drowned me and looked dreadful (SO much fabric!), so I had to send the lot back and finished up £50 out of pocket. An expensive lesson learnt, and the first and last time I'll be stupid enough to buy clothing from Q. Most clothing retailers offer free p&p on orders over £50 and free returns. The return postage was less than half what QVC charged to deliver the clothes to me, which illustrates just how much they're profiting from the p&p, and that's with Royal Mail. My husband's small company use Hermes and they are really cheap. For an account the size of QVC they probably charge pennies per parcel.

I watched a bit of the Lakeland show the other day & would use it for information & then order direct from Lakeland or go to the shop.They had the clothes dryer (which is very good, I have a friend that has one) & QVC added some extra accessories & put it on EZP. That is they only way they can 'score' OK if you want the extras (& pay for them) & the EZP.I have cut back dramatically on my buying from QVC because of the P&P,will only buy if it is something I really want like a TSV, want to try & possibly return & then I always add in the P&P costs.

I think this is why they've started telling us that stuff remains in our baskets for only 20 mins and then 'jumps out'. It's easy to put several items in your basket but as said above, once I see the total p&p I abandon my basket. I don't believe that their p&p charges bear any relationship to what they actually pay. OK I can accept a small margin on top but often they are taking the pee.

I ordered some stuff from Argos this afternoon, about 2.00, and the delivery cost was £3.95. For same day delivery! I have just had an email saying my order is on its way and instead of between 7-10 should be here 7-9. Obviously Q cannot compete with that as Argos rely on their stores network, but quite impressive I think! And £3.95 was for the whole order not each item.

Well I slightly spoke too soon, as when I finally unpacked one item it was damaged! So I rang the local store, 8.45ish, and they are collecting and delivering a new one between 2 and 6 tomorrow. So boo for the damage but yay for the swift action.

Most of my purchases are jewellery. What bugs me is that they rabbit on about layering (which I really like) but you have to pay postage for each of the items. A few of the items are so small/light that you would only wear them in multiples yet these are never offered as a one postage charge.

Does anyone ever buy more than one item exactly the same (apart from beauty TSV/OTO)?

I try never to buy things unless there is a 90% chance of keeping, as others have said a lot of items in the basket really brings it home to you how much you have racked up in extra P&P. Up until about 2 years ago I used Q cut and the P&P wasn't so obvious as it is now on line.

I know others really like the easy pays but I don't use them and would prefer lower postage.

I asked the question why can't Q make one charge for postage during the course of 24 hours and the response I got was that I could always buy one item at the full postage rate and buy another one - the same item - for half the postage. Missed (or avoided) the point or what?

Last edited:
I asked the question why can't Q make one charge for postage during the course of 24 hours and the response I got was that I could always buy one item at the full postage rate and buy another one - the same item - for half the postage. Missed (or avoided) the point or what?

If they're going to answer by rote, what is the advantage in having an "award winning UK call centre"?

They need to replace their antiquated stock management system with one which enables them to provide basket post & packing for an order... of course as the P&P seems to pay for everything related to running the business, that would mean cost cutting elsewhere... or perhaps them actually getting the great discounts they always claim to get. It's increasingly obvious that they have varying success across the range of what they sell. They might have a headline product in from a brand at a fantastic price... but when you look at the rest of their pricing it's often no better (and when P&P added considerably worse) than a standard retail price elsewhere for the item.

Latest posts

Back