Are all Honora Pearls Rubbish?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Miss QVC

Registered Shopper
Hi

Just received 2 sets of 684820 - set of 2 elasticated pearl bracelets in chocolate and grey. I can't put a link because they have all sold out ( and I can't look at any reviews either).

I hadn't bought Honora before but you all rave about them so thought I'd give them a whirl.

THEY ARE CR*P :mad:

Both sets look as though the pearls have been 'made' in 2 halves and stuck together and have a very visible seam around 50%(ish) of the pearls on each bracelet. Plus the grey set looks really plasticy (sp).

I'm so disappointed - the only pearls I've bought from QVC are

https://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp....87.cm_scid.cswb/walk.html.|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html

which are stunning and I wear them every day.

Has anyone else had similar problems or have I just been unlucky?

I LOVE my Honora pearls and have never had any problems with them.

The pearls you are talking about are called "ringed" pearls. This is part of the natural process of the mollusc forming the pearl. Most of us love the ringed pearls. (I myself have loads of them). It adds a bit of naturalism to the pearl as opposed to the polished perfect round globe style ones.

If you check out QVC's web site you can read about how the pearls are formed.

If you check out this site it may describe the pearls better than I can !

http://www.professionaljeweler.com/archives/articles/1998/jun98/0698fys2.html

Hope this helps.

Sue is correct re the ringed pearls. The pearls form in this way in the shells. The baroque pearls are also varying shapes but that adds to their beauty I think.

I have never ever been complemented on any jewellrey - admit I do not have loads - until one day a couple of weeks ago when I wore a white baroque Honora set that cost around 30.00. I had bought some flowers and the (male) florist said how lovely my pearls were ans what a lucky lady I was to have them! Thing is, I ain't so lovely, but those prearls are!

Hi

Just received 2 sets of 684820 - set of 2 elasticated pearl bracelets in chocolate and grey. I can't put a link because they have all sold out ( and I can't look at any reviews either).

I hadn't bought Honora before but you all rave about them so thought I'd give them a whirl.

Both sets look as though the pearls have been 'made' in 2 halves and stuck together and have a very visible seam around 50%(ish) of the pearls on each bracelet. Plus the grey set looks really plasticy (sp).

https://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp....87.cm_scid.cswb/walk.html.|Cor_uk_MyAcct,html

Has anyone else had similar problems or have I just been unlucky?

Have to agree with you about that, I think they look absolutely awful. I bought a TSV necklace (some time ago) and it went straight back as I thought there was something wrong with it lol.. I did post about it on here at the time.

I have to say, though, that I've got some other Honora pieces and they are beautiful.

I disagree

Hi

Has anyone else had similar problems or have I just been unlucky?[/QUOTE

It is strange that you prefer the earrings to the Honora ringed pearls because we have seen some bad reviews for the set of earrings you describe on this forum. I struggle to remember the details, but I think it was to do with posts coming out of the pearls. The ringed pearls are different from round pearls, but a lot less expensive and I personally really like them. Perhaps you would like rondel pearls better as they are much smoother and more uniform in shape. They are slightly flattened rounds, which butt up to each other really well. Honora do some beautiful rondel pearls in sets of bracelets and necklace, bracelet and earring sets on QVC. If you type rondel into the search, you will be able to see them. My new daughter in law chose Honora pearls for her wedding day and wore the necklace and studs from a white rondel set, no longer on the website with the signature H toggle 3 strand bracelet 674447 and the effect was stunning.

I do hope you will try Honora again. Not all Honora items are irregular in shape and I am sure you can find some to your liking.

I also received two sets of those bracelets and I must admit I was disappointed. The colouring of the multi bracelets look ****e and they look cheap. The chocolate ones don't look so bad, and I may keep them, but overall I'm disappointed. I have lots of other Honora items, which I am really really pleased with, especially the last TSV (I have in two colours.) I didn't like the way they made a clanky noise when I got them out of the pouch which they arived in.

I hope this doesn't put you off Honora Miss QVC. I admit I'm not over-enamoured by the ringed pearls but I have bought some beautiful items from the range. I'd give them another try as most of the pieces represent great value for money. I've received lots of compliments on mine too, Snuffles and I blush when I think that I paid relatively little for them.

Shame you didn't like your pearls Miss QVC but I'd say order something different from the Honora range as they are usually fab. I have some ringed pearls myself and absoulutely love them but am not keen on baroque so it's trial and error. I agree with plint, the rondell pearls are very neat and do look classy. :pPC:

Well I am wearing the Honora teal pearls OTO from the other night and I love them!!
I have various honora pieces and have been happy with them all.I don't expect them to be perfect flawless quality for £35.
If I wanted that I would buy south sea pearls and add a couple of 00's to the price!

Hi everyone

Thanks for your comments and the lesson on pearls - I didn't realise there are so many different types and I'm amazed that the ringed ones I've received are supposed to look this way. I won't keep them as I think I have slight OCD tendencies - I can't wear jewellery that isn't symmetrical (sad person that I am) and to me they just seem wrong.

Maybe I should have done my research before I 'jumped to the phones' and ordered both sets - I normally order online via quidco and read the reviews but they were selling so quickly I was terrified I would miss out (even sadder but I'm sure you have all felt that way at times).

I've just had a look at a lovely 5 piece rondel set and the shape looks lovely so maybe I'll try them. There was a set on the other day that at first looked gorgeous - necklace, earrings & bracelet £61 - but when they zoomed in they were rounded on one side and flat on the other:eek: Now that made me shudder!

And now I've started worrying that the post will fall out of my 3 gorgeous pairs of pearl studs. Fingers crossed that they keep going a while longer.

(I've just re-read my comments and I sound like a nutter. I promise you I'm not (well I can be a bit strange at times) but assymetric I just don't do).

Thanks again

I haveny had any problem with them and love Honora. There are different shaped pears and I just had some earings i got off last clicks which are potato pearls which is hardly a flattering name but they are stunning and very unusual. Just sent them back if you dont like them. I would add that i dont like the colours apart from teal. A pearl is a peal to me and perhaps im a little old fashioned but the teal are gorgeous.

Miss QVC, I'm sorry you were disappointed with your first Honora buy, but like others have said, I hope you won't let that put you off. I personally think that Honora is the most interesting jewellery like QVC do. The quality is great for the price (although I have had the feeling that Honora prices have gon up quite a bit lately). However, I have noticed that their quality control migth have got a little slacker. After several perfect purchases, the last three had to be sent back for a replacement or refund as they were faulty (a multi-pearl ring arrived with one of the pearls missing, and it wasn't even to be found loose in the pouch). I hope this was just a coincidence. Nevertheless, I'm still eagerly awaiting the TSV...

Some people have complained about the clasps and the back of earrings and I have to admit that I have add a dodgy clasp on an item in the past. I am not a huge fan of ringed pearls personally. I agree with some of the other folk on here. Experiment with different pearls and you are bound to find something you like.

I have to say that the teal necklace I just recieved is very lovely. But I had a look this morning on QVC for some cream pearls for the wedding (I know pearls mean tears, but I want pearls!) and the prices were a bit high for the nice cream ones. I just ordered a gorgeous cream pearl necklace from ebay for the grand price of 86.. pence!!! I love chinese ebayers!

To be honest, I have until now steered clear of all posts about Honora pearls as they seemed to be loved by so many whose views I respected.

I ordered a long black Honora necklace and I couldn't believe how rubbishy it was. It looked like a £2.99 job from Woolworths. It had the joins and was plasticky. It was nothing like the cream pearls I already own. Cheap beads was the best description I could give it.

It went straight back.

However, I have listened to the comments about trying other items from the range and will, perhaps, do this in the future as I may just have chosen the wrong range. If so many wise owls here think the pearls are good value, i have obviously just been unlucky!

Story of my life! LOl.

Please, please, please don't let me but the TSV tomorrw - I can't afford whatever it is... am madly in lurvvve with Ralph though, so will be glued to screen.

Please also never let Ralph stand up. I like tall men and suspect he is a tiddler... don't want illusions shattered!

Please, please, please don't let me but the TSV tomorrw - I can't afford whatever it is... am madly in lurvvve with Ralph though, so will be glued to screen.

Please also never let Ralph stand up. I like tall men and suspect he is a tiddler... don't want illusions shattered!

I think Ralph is tall from the pictures they have shown on the telly with his business partner!

I didn't realise there was a tsv tomorrow! ohhhh teal please!

I just ordered a gorgeous cream pearl necklace from ebay for the grand price of 86.. pence!!! I love chinese ebayers!
I can't wait to hear what you think of them, please let us know - I have ordered from Hong Kong in the past but always computer bits & pieces, never jewellery... but Andamooka could change all that ;)

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back