As predicted.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
In the past few weeks we have had a number of discussions about the excessive number of freebies given and greedily accepted by presenters. I predicted that they would have read these comments and we would see a change in how they refer to these benefits. Calling them samples was clearly not working and I predicted that they would start saying that they have bought them or they have been trying them.
Yesterday, JR was very anxious to repeatedly tell viewers that she had bought items or that they were in her basket. Craig in his blog is very careful to tell us that he is “enjoying” the fragrance of some Harry Slatkin TSV candles whilst wrapping presents and writing cards. Unless he is doing all that in the staff room they are freebies however they choose to phrase it. I can’t be bothered to look at the other blogs at the moment but they will no doubt contain much of the same.
My opinion is that too many freebies are dished out and accepted by presenters. The fact the presenters get them does not benefit the customer in the least. Items can be sampled in QVC headquarters. The money wasted on freebies would be better used going towards reduced p&p or companies could donate it to charities. Presenters do not present in a good light as they salivate over free goodies otherwise known as samples. Particularly in these difficult times this indulgence in free goods is offensive. If presenters are saying that they are buying products I hope that that is indeed the case and not another way of addressing viewer complaints. Reasonable staff discounts are understandable. Mass freebies are not.
We might not all be Mensa members like DF but viewers are not stupid.

Evie I totally agree, it’s even more offensive and nauseating for two reasons one, because after a year of people losing their livelihoods and worrying were their next meal is coming from, we can rest assured that the QVC presenters, on top of their already high salaries, also get free products, so no sacrificing there and two, as all our taste and what scents we like vary, a presenter orgasming over a pie of piece of popcorn or how gorgeous a beauty product smells, is of absolutely no value to us, to them yes because they keep the freebie, but not to us. I also find it hilarious that they even fleetingly consider, with their delusions of grandeur, that their opinion matters as to wether you’ll buy a product based on a QVC presenter liking their freebie, after all, who’s not going to love something that’s free and you’re paid to like...........so funny. 😂😂😂

Joking aside, most of the clothes you wouldn't even want if they were free. Perhaps they're all using MW tops to buff up their windows or bath taps...'cause going by the blogs, and non-clothing hours..they're not wearing them. Before I became aware of this "freebie thing"..I've never believed the presenters when they've told us "I've got this item myself", but obvs when there given stuff for nowt and they show us pics of their homes festooned in the stuff & that's proof that they've got the item Being free means they're going to praise it to the hilt because it's in their interest to do so and their job to do so. How about this for an old fashioned idea? Pay the presenters to present, model/test the items on the day, and to tell the truth regarding what they've actually bought and what they intend to buy. Either way, them owning, or not owning the products they're selling won't give us any idea as to whether we'll like it or not. I guess the best we can hope for is that they stop rubbing our noses in all the lovely stuff they've been given 'cause it's extremely inappropriate.

Katy P has been given a JM TSV mirror in plum ‘to try’. How the hell do you try out a mirror? Just look into it - job done!
What a load of old bollox, perhaps what she means is that if she decides it's not for her, she can give it back and get given something else instead, or the cash equivalent!

In the past few weeks we have had a number of discussions about the excessive number of freebies given and greedily accepted by presenters. I predicted that they would have read these comments and we would see a change in how they refer to these benefits. Calling them samples was clearly not working and I predicted that they would start saying that they have bought them or they have been trying them.
Yesterday, JR was very anxious to repeatedly tell viewers that she had bought items or that they were in her basket. Craig in his blog is very careful to tell us that he is “enjoying” the fragrance of some Harry Slatkin TSV candles whilst wrapping presents and writing cards. Unless he is doing all that in the staff room they are freebies however they choose to phrase it. I can’t be bothered to look at the other blogs at the moment but they will no doubt contain much of the same.
My opinion is that too many freebies are dished out and accepted by presenters. The fact the presenters get them does not benefit the customer in the least. Items can be sampled in QVC headquarters. The money wasted on freebies would be better used going towards reduced p&p or companies could donate it to charities. Presenters do not present in a good light as they salivate over free goodies otherwise known as samples. Particularly in these difficult times this indulgence in free goods is offensive. If presenters are saying that they are buying products I hope that that is indeed the case and not another way of addressing viewer complaints. Reasonable staff discounts are understandable. Mass freebies are not.
We might not all be Mensa members like DF but viewers are not stupid.
I'm convinced these blogs are largely written by someone in marketing to create a lifestyle image they think will appeal to their customers and "fans" of particular presenters. I'm surprised he wasn't sipping a winter warmer of mulled wine with fruit, herbs, and spices whilst having a "naughty" first mince pie and playing playing Carols From Kings :rolleyes:

From what I have heard the presenters are far from poorly paid! Certainly not in the same way that, let’s say hospitality staff are poorly paid and rely on tips. In addition their constant showing off in numerous ways on Social Media does not suggest low salaries.

I'm convinced these blogs are largely written by someone in marketing to create a lifestyle image they think will appeal to their customers and "fans" of particular presenters. I'm surprised he wasn't sipping a winter warmer of mulled wine with fruit, herbs, and spices whilst having a "naughty" first mince pie and playing playing Carols From Kings :rolleyes:
Well it’s all about creating the image of an aspirational lifestyle so you could well be right.

Well it’s all about creating the image of an aspirational lifestyle so you could well be right.
I just hope he was using his L'Occitane Verbena hand sanitising gel when handling all those presents and wrapping materials. Especially those he'll be gifting to his binmen and the lollipop lady he passes each day on his drive to the studio.

My friend's offspring worked in their call centre while she was at university and they get a really good staff discount, which they can also use when making purchases on behalf of friends and family. They also have an shop onsite that sells lots of stuff off at rock bottom prices, particularly the seasonal stuff. The year she was there, she got a Christmas tree, that they'd been selling for close to £100 for a fiver!

I'm sure our "Resident Beauty Expert" has to trial all their products so that she can be sure she's only recomminding those that do what they say on the jar and not risk her "international reputation as a leader in the world of beauty advice".

I don't know how much the presenters are paid. I think it's not much and that the free samples they get are perks to offset their poor pay ?

In America a QVC presenter is paid a yearly sum (according to their contract) roughly $60000 which equates to £45000 a year, not bad for about 12 hours a week. Also I wouldn’t call a Dyson hairdryer (£400) a Dyson fan (£500) a Kitchenaid (£400) etc samples.

Latest posts

Back