Australian Bodycare Skin Wash

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks to Julius and Autumn for the tip off, I have ordered 6 bars, along with some pumpkin and sunflower seeds, all in the penny sale. I qualified for free delivery, 10% back via Quidco, and 52p in H&B rewards.

A couple of years back, my OH had suffered from abscesses that had to be operated on. The SBC has been amazing because it keeps his skin clean and infections at bay. The last time I bought so e was when they had it with free p&p but Cheaper alternatives are always welcome.

Any more tips for great QVC alternatives at H&B would be most welcome.

Thanks to Julius and Autumn for the tip off, I have ordered 6 bars, along with some pumpkin and sunflower seeds, all in the penny sale. I qualified for free delivery, 10% back via Quidco, and 52p in H&B rewards.

A couple of years back, my OH had suffered from abscesses that had to be operated on. The SBC has been amazing because it keeps his skin clean and infections at bay. The last time I bought so e was when they had it with free p&p but Cheaper alternatives are always welcome.

Sounds like you got a fab deal, Laura! Enjoy the soap and seeds.

Most foaming things use sodium laureth sulphate. Holland and Barret's "Herbal Authority" tea tree soap is EXCELLENT!

Thanks for the tip, I've just ordered some for my 11yr old son. He uses the ABC skin wash at the moment, he has eczema behind his knees and sensitive skin so hopefully this soap will be ok. He washes his hair with the ABC skin wash, have you used the soap on your hair?

For the price and free p&p it's worth trying, thanks.

Heya Cooper,

I'm sure the soap will be just fine for your son. Although it contains 2% tea tree oil it's no overpowering. It's mild and creamy. It's, well, it's nice. I haven't tried using it on my hair, but I will do so tomorrow and I will report back to you. I can tell you that I have shaved with it whilst on holiday in Playa de Aro and Sventoji last July, and it was great. When I was younger I used to have extremely greasy hair. These days at almost 30 my hair is quite dry, so I tend to use Dove shampoo and conditioner with "nutri oils."

I am a massive fan of the "Dr Organics" range at H&B. It is a very high end range and is not cheap but the quality of everything is wonderful and the whole sourcing of the ingredients is second to none. I personally use their Argan Oil eye cream / serum. It's one of the most amazing eye creams ever. Their tea tree roll on deodorant is by far the best natural deodorant I have ever tried (the aloe vera one is good too, as is the sunflower / vit. E).

I actually used to have eczema behind my knees as a child. I always remember my mother had a big tub of "Sudocrem" - a gloopy, horrible cream in a grey tub with a red label. I hated it! I'm sure it was full of lanolin and nasties.

For eczema you really cannot go wrong with NATRADERM. This is the loveliest of lotions. Read more about it here. Regards, J.

http://natraderm.co.uk/

Last edited:
Hello, you have probably tried this one but pure coconut oil is meant to be an excellent alternative to deodorant due to it containing lauric acid and no nasty chemicals at all. I've considered it myself I must admit as I do use regular anti perspirant deodorants but I'm convinced in some strange way they make you sweat more?!

http://www.lucybee.co/coconut-oil/lucy-bee-coconut-oil-benefits/

and here is something from the RMS beauty website - the raw coconut cream they sell is certified organic coconut oil

Apply a minimal amount and work cream gently into the skin. Remove with a soft cloth. Use as a body moisturizer to soften dry elbows, knees, shoulders – anywhere you have skin! Allow coconut oil to absorb before dressing. Also works as a deodorant: Simply apply to clean, dry underarms. Excellent as a hair treatment and can even be taken internally.

Avoid using rms beauty raw coconut cream under makeup as it will cause skin to look very shiny.

Please note: It's normal for your rms beauty coconut cream to liquefy at approximately 80-90 degrees. This will have no negative effect on its quality. During warmer months, the coconut oil will typically remain in liquefied oil until room temperatures drop below the 80s, which will then cause it to solidify once more. You can use it in oil form or refrigerate if desired to keep it in its solid form.

Thank you for that Lady Tia...I've used coconut oil (solid form) but only for hands/cuticles at bedtime - hadn't realised you could use it for cleansing or as a deodorant, talk about you learn something every day! I'll go and have a proper read from your link - many thanks.

Heya Cooper,

I'm sure the soap will be just fine for your son. Although it contains 2% tea tree oil it's no overpowering. It's mild and creamy. It's, well, it's nice. I haven't tried using it on my hair, but I will do so tomorrow and I will report back to you. I can tell you that I have shaved with it whilst on holiday in Playa de Aro and Sventoji last July, and it was great. When I was younger I used to have extremely greasy hair. These days at almost 30 my hair is quite dry, so I tend to use Dove shampoo and conditioner with "nutri oils."

I am a massive fan of the "Dr Organics" range at H&B. It is a very high end range and is not cheap but the quality of everything is wonderful and the whole sourcing of the ingredients is second to none. I personally use their Argan Oil eye cream / serum. It's one of the most amazing eye creams ever. Their tea tree roll on deodorant is by far the best natural deodorant I have ever tried (the aloe vera one is good too, as is the sunflower / vit. E).

I actually used to have eczema behind my knees as a child. I always remember my mother had a big tub of "Sudocrem" - a gloopy, horrible cream in a grey tub with a red label. I hated it! I'm sure it was full of lanolin and nasties.

For eczema you really cannot go wrong with NATRADERM. This is the loveliest of lotions. Read more about it here. Regards, J.

http://natraderm.co.uk/

Thanks for that Julius, i'll defiantly look into it as I very rarely(if ever) use the steroid cream he's been prescribed for his eczema as I'm really not happy putting it on his skin. I have used other alternatives from local natural health shops, so always good to have other options. Will be interested to hear how you've got on with using the soap on your hair as my soap should hopefully be delivered soon, thanks again.

H+B rewards for life card, is one of the few worth having. For me anyway.I know it's going off topic, but the boots card is a waste of time. You can't use your points towards paying for something, it has to either cover the cost or be more, and you are left with a couple of points on the card. I missed out on a 3/2 offer as I didn't have enough points.
Here's an idea : the Q should bring out a loyalty card.

I like Debenhams beauty club card, there is always extra points offers on, and you can use them as part payment too.

I love the Boots card, it's by far the best one I know of (well, apart from the Odeon cinema card.) I'm not bothered by the part payment thing, I've had plenty freebies from it anyway.

I don't use Boots much now they've taken the over 60s discount away - most of what I want I can find cheaper elsewhere.

My 4 soaps arrived today , so that's £3 ( £2.70 if I include the cash back from Quidco ) for 4 bars of soap and free delivery, beat that Q :mysmilie_14: Thanks Julius for introducing me to this fab soap !

Alison Young informed us earlier that she uses ABC skin wash on her hands after she's been dealing with the horses, including taking their temperatures, and she comes in to start cooking dinner! Rather too much information IMHO but I though I would share. :mysmilie_14:

Alison Young informed us earlier that she uses ABC skin wash on her hands after she's been dealing with the horses, including taking their temperatures, and she comes in to start cooking dinner! Rather too much information IMHO but I though I would share. :mysmilie_14:

If she switched to the Holland and Barrett soap she could afford to pay someone to do that for her :mysmilie_59:

Drat, you are all making me wish I had done more research before I ordered the last litre of tea tree shower gel from Q. Could have saved myself a fortune!

Thanks for the heads up for next time!

My 4 soaps arrived today , so that's £3 ( £2.70 if I include the cash back from Quidco ) for 4 bars of soap and free delivery, beat that Q :mysmilie_14: Thanks Julius for introducing me to this fab soap !

So glad your soaps arrived so promptly! It's a wonder H&B have any left! The soap's been a big hit with everyone. I ordered a few more bars and some green tea tablets in the penny sale. My items haven't arrived yet, mind you I'm having them delivered to work and I forgot to ask reception. I recommended to 3 people at work and they all love it too.

Drat, you are all making me wish I had done more research before I ordered the last litre of tea tree shower gel from Q. Could have saved myself a fortune!

Thanks for the heads up for next time!

Why not get some anyway and try this wonderful product for yourself! Get one as a handsoap and make your ABC last even longer!

I got an email to say that the 6 soaps I had ordered were out of stock but they will send them as soon as possible. I think you created a surge in demand Julius! I am really looking forward to trying them.

Latest posts

Back