Bareminerals TSV 1/6/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like the guy who's demo-ing the make up, he's cool and calm, not frantic like SJ. Really likeable.

I caught five minutes with it on mute, but what struck me was how hard he seemed to be 'bashing' at Deborah-Ann with the brush. She kept blinking and drawing away from him, so I think he must have been a bit firm with his technique.

Thank you so much for the help. Got it open and ready now. A little scared to try it though as I think I might have picked too light. I choose "light" and think maybe I should have gone for "medium beige". Oh well, we'll see...

Thanks again for the help & hope yours arrive today!

Hi Anso, I don't think the presenters even Lee or SJ talk about the shades enough - I noticed that they have even taken away the tone from the on screen descriptions with the pictures. With foundations, I think particularly Bare Minerals it is crucial to know the undertone to your skin. You need to know whether you have a cool, warm or neutral undertone.
Basically to find this look at your wrist - if the veins are more blue than you are a cooler undertone, usually more pink in your skin tone, if you see more green in the veins than you are warm, usually more yellow in your skin tone. If you see both & can't see more of one than the other you are probably a neutral. This method of determining your skin undertone doesn't always work but it usually gives you an idea. You could also go to bareminerals.co.uk & look at the foundation shade finder and it will tell you more about the shades. Bear in mind QVC don't sell all the shades available if you are a shade they don't sell thenfor tsvs you would have to go up or down a shade. I can wear fairly light and golden fair for example but qvc doesnt sell golden fair,

I mentioned it earlier in this thread but in case some people missed that, particularly if you have never tried the brand before.. search YouTube for LoveShelbey - she does fantastic videos on bareminerals! She works for them at a small spa location in the USA but all opinions are her own. http://youtu.be/s1q8KHmouGI is a good example. Have a look at her past videos, she has videos on shade matching, application tips, talks about best products, q&a about the brand!

My tsv came this morning too & I ordered it at 18.15 on Sunday! Unfortunately the foundation case is shattered - not to pieces but you can see that it has broken. The product inside is untouched and can still use but if I pay for something I expect it to arrive in good condition. Also the eyeliner looks like it had been used! The smudger sharpener end arrived out of the tissue paper and the see through cap was inside the booklet! The tip of the eyeliner also has an uneven edge - they don't normally come like that!

Hi Anso, I don't think the presenters even Lee or SJ talk about the shades enough - I noticed that they have even taken away the tone from the on screen descriptions with the pictures. With foundations, I think particularly Bare Minerals it is crucial to know the undertone to your skin. You need to know whether you have a cool, warm or neutral undertone.
Basically to find this look at your wrist - if the veins are more blue than you are a cooler undertone, usually more pink in your skin tone, if you see more green in the veins than you are warm, usually more yellow in your skin tone. If you see both & can't see more of one than the other you are probably a neutral. This method of determining your skin undertone doesn't always work but it usually gives you an idea. You could also go to bareminerals.co.uk & look at the foundation shade finder and it will tell you more about the shades. Bear in mind QVC don't sell all the shades available if you are a shade they don't sell thenfor tsvs you would have to go up or down a shade. I can wear fairly light and golden fair for example but qvc doesnt sell golden fair,

Thank you so very much for this post. It was very helpful. I'm also going to check out the YouTube channel you mentioned.

Another thing you can try to determine your undertone is to look at gold and silver jewellery against your skin. Supposedly gold will suit warm/yellow toned people and silver suits cool/pink toned people more. If both look equally good on you it means you're neutral.

Well I've used my 5-in-1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow twice and now have a rash in my eyes :sad: I use BM because I'm very sensitive to make up and have never had a problem with any of the products including the eye shadow primer.... I'm now in a quandry about whether to return my TSV or not ....i feel a bit misled as this does not appear to be 'make up so pure you can sleep in it' :mysmilie_51:

This is the first time I have used BM and I am pleased with it. I really like the foundation but think the colour (Med Beige) is perhaps a bit pale for me in the summer. I am keeping it because it will definitely be perfect for me in the winter months. I love the effect it gives and the ease of application. The blusher is beautiful and I love the mascara and lip gloss. The 5in1 eye shadow/primer is awful. It looks like a really thick concealer when applied and I cannot see the colour suiting anyone as a shadow. I don't really fancy using it as a primer, it's very thick. I would not like to layer eyeshadow on top of it as I would feel caked. What do other people think of this 5 in 1 thing?

I'm just curious if anyone else finds the lip gloss giving a stinging/burning sensation? I found this as soon as I put it on and only coped for about five minutes until I had to wash it off. Shame as I really liked the colour. Also I'm really surprised as I don't ever react to anything I put on my skin normally.

I'm just curious if anyone else finds the lip gloss giving a stinging/burning sensation? I found this as soon as I put it on and only coped for about five minutes until I had to wash it off. Shame as I really liked the colour. Also I'm really surprised as I don't ever react to anything I put on my skin normally.

Yes it definitely tingles and burns but I don't mind it so much. I think all lip plumping glosses are like this. I am sure I once read that some manufacturers put chilli in to get this effect. It's a real shame you can't cope with it because it's a really pretty colour for summer.

They use to have this effect in one of the lipstick ranges that they got rid off before Moxie was launched - was it Buxom? I like the sensation and it is a lovely colour.

Glad I didn't ever by their gloss then. I am rarely sensitive to anything but lip plumping glosses really hurt me. I also bought a Burt's Bees lip salve trio and one of them (not normal or pomegranate) was the same. I screamed and had to dash to the bathroom and wash off with cold water, then press the facecloth to me as a compress for a few minutes. Nightmare!! So thin lips for me from now on, lol.

The moxies do have a strange feeling on the lips so I always ebay them without even testing them

The moxies do have a strange feeling on the lips so I always ebay them without even testing them

It was my first time trying a moxie but I knew about them before trying. I think it is a "cooling sensation" to me like smell a bit like after eight chocolates! lol :) The Buxom line of glosses were sold off & are now a US Sephora exclusive I believe. The colour wouldn't have been my first choice but is pretty. The cooling feeling doesn't last that long & doesn't burn! It is just a slight sensation and the buxoms were stronger!

Latest posts

Back