BCC Charity Auction

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Its a total disgrace DF has gotten away with this , and is pretty much bragging on her Fb pages saying its been sorted and there was no wrong doing!! Well if there was no wrong doing the auction wouldnt have been cancelled!!

Its such a shame that BCC has lost out of £2000 because of her, shame on Q for allowing this to happen.

Thinking about Flint "paying" 3 grand for a gift for a friend, it is not a bit wonder she is always imploring us to buy an extra Kitchenaid for the dinner lady.

I'm beginning to wonder if it was ever intended that she should pay anything out of her own pocket - methinks there is a whole lot more to this saga than we will ever know.

The other thing thats came out is DF has bid before, So does that mean Qvc employees are deliberately upping the bids to increase the total of these charity auctions.

QVC are deleting many comments and the thread are now full of people presuming the issue is about CS or somesuch so they`re coming out in force to sing Q`s praises. A classic case of not knowing what they`re talking about but talking anyway lol

Oh yes, DF has her Troops out in force and QVC are happy for that to happen as it helps lay a thick layer of sugar over the sh*t...but it's still sh*t underneath QVC...it's still sh*t...

BCC Auction

Debbie Flint knew exactly what she was doing and got caught doing it, to rub salt in the wounds, she commented yesterday how her good friend SH had a lovely fortieth birthday, yep she said this live on air. If it was me, I'd sack her, if she worked anywhere else she would've been, but apparently they don't frown on deceit and untrustworthy employees at QVC. Shame on QVC, I won't be shopping there again.

I`m a born n bred Lancashire lass and my Mother had a saying she`d trot out when someone had done something wrong but were pretending they hadn`t. She`d say " she`s that ****** hard faced it`d stand clogging ! "
Very applicable to DF methinks ...

Breaking news...

DF will present all upcoming Teflon shows as she is proving to be Q's expert in the art of non stick.

What a ******* liberty !!!

Last edited:
I don't purchase much these days anyway,but I'm going to boycott any thing DF presents. Can't believe Q are sweeping this under the carpet. At the very least she should have a warning. Or maybe she has but is not likely to admit it .

The nasty side of this is that QVC is encouraging loyal customers to bid for something which they probably did in good faith for the charity not knowing they were at a disadvantage .Sounds like a stitch up .

Last edited:
I put a few posts up as i am still sore that the same thing happened last year with the crown.

My posts stayed for a while but were then deleted.

Last time i looked, the whole long thread seemed to have been deleted.

I have only just spotted this today thanks to a link elsewhere. What a disgrace. Q should have made sure the charity did not lose out, end of. DBF is totally without shame IMHO. I wonder what BCC think of the situation......

Apparently. BBC has okayed the Q's actions to ensure the charity doesn't lose out. Whilst it still got the clogau pendant (£1000) to raffle off, it did lose out on the JC auction. QVC should have made good on this, imo.

I bet Dame Joan Collins is not best pleased either, she was giving time for lunch and suddenly its, "Sorry Joanie but we had a mishap and its cancelled." Wonder was she paying for the lunch herself???? If I remember correctly the lunch with (fill in name) always goes for big money on its own. The John Barrowman one the other year went for well over £3000, if I remember???

I've only just linked to this thread, too. I'm aghast but not surprised that it happened, but I wonder if there's a teensy little loophole that DBF and Q are using if she's maybe self-employed and not an employee as such? Either way, she shouldn't have been allowed and the rules should have seen to that. But as for selectively deleting posts on fb ... well. Words fail.

I may be being a bit dense, but do I take it that DB was [secretly] bidding on an item to swell the amount raised but unfortunately no-one 'topped' her bid which meant she was stuck with it and it all came undone? There is a difference between being proper dodgy with that of employing a tactic - albeit one that failed. Have I got this completely wrong?

What you're describing is known as shill bidding. But I don't think this was what Debbie was doing; she was trying to win the "prize" as a present fro a friend. I can't believe it didn't occur to her that QVC staff would not be allowed to bid; she's been in shopping telly for years and in most jobs employees can't enter customer competitions or offers. Even if she didn't know, ignorance is no defence!

As Akimbo says I doubt it was a shilling bid. DF bid and won the auction as a birthday gift for a friend, who just happens to be the Admin on both DF's Facebook groups. It was announced live on air the person the auction was going to SH*, but the bidder who won wanted to remain private.

I have just used her initials but they did say the full name on air.

As Akimbo says I doubt it was a shilling bid. DF bid and won the auction as a birthday gift for a friend, who just happens to be the Admin on both DF's Facebook groups. It was announced live on air the person the auction was going to SH, but the bidder who won wanted to remain private.

Who is SH? It gets really confusing with all these initials!! DH/DD - why we can't just say husband or daughter I'll never know. It's like something off Netmums! ! (*disclaimer: have never willingly logged onto said forum but have unwittingly followed links there in the past!)

As Akimbo says I doubt it was a shilling bid. DF bid and won the auction as a birthday gift for a friend, who just happens to be the Admin on both DF's Facebook groups. It was announced live on air the person the auction was going to SH*, but the bidder who won wanted to remain private.

I have just used her initials but they did say the full name on air.

Ah, you edited after I posted! ! So SH is the friend that Debbie Flint won the auction for, right?

Latest posts

Back