Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You might get a choice of which day/morning session to go to, but you don't get any choice in which presenters will be there. OK you don't have to engage with any of them at all if you dont want to. Everyone (in the past at least) gets Ali Young... but which other presenters do you have to risk encountering? I like Ali Young, and I'd be happy to say hello to Marv, Anne, Kathy or Ali Keenan... but I would dread the pointy sisters (Julia and Debbie), or even worse - Sara the terrible...

yeah, i went this year and echo all that you have said
disappointing goody bag,
and queues too long to get treatment within the allotted session slot
at least in my session as too many attendees let in per session
(unless that is all you wanted to focus on and not go round the various stalls)
vendors, and i shall mention no names, were incredibly frustrated and apologetic about QVC control freakery
not only no samples but also not even bliddy brochures if it contained the brand website adress

you couldn't make it up !

when i brought this up with QVC
i was told that the ticket price was for 'meeting the beauty experts'
and no treatments etc were promised to be included in the price

imho, they have ruined the beauty bash
and no wonder the tickets aren't selling
and they changed it significantly from before
but still sold it under the same brand 'beauty bash'
(just like they often do, they sell an old favourite product,
which has build a brand and reputation for itself
but they change the content/ingredients
DECEPTION !)

£20 for standing in a long queue to 'worship' some beauty expert ?
they, who ought to be grateful that you are giving them their time and attention
so that they can sell their wares to you, for you to spend your hard earned money on ....?

i don't think so QVC !!!!

and when you have got the vendors AND the customers unhappy
you are in trouble

anyway, needless to say, i won't bother again
and i am tired of QVC for shamelessly making a mug out of me

IMO as you paid to go you have every right to complain it's the people that get the tickets for free every year and moan about it that annoys me, you would think Qvc force them to go.

Sorry if it has been said here already but where is it being held this time? Is it still at the BDC in Islington?

Sorry if it has been said here already but where is it being held this time? Is it still at the BDC in Islington?

Nope - same place they had it the past 2 years which is Old Billingsgate.

Tickets are still available: here is the link http://www.qvcuk.com/Beauty-Bash-Ticket-2016.product.901001.html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-901001

Tickets to the prestigious QVC Beauty Bash, held at the spectacular Thames-side venue Old Billingsgate, are available to buy. This premium beauty event is your chance to meet our brand experts, take a first look at fantastic new products, get the inside scoop on the latest beauty innovations and perhaps also enjoy a pampering massage or manicure.

What is the Beauty Bash - every January we kick off the New Year with a beauty event like no other. At a fantastic venue, our top brands showcase the best that they have to offer, plus we have new names introducing fab products and our experts are on hand with answers to beauty questions - all this and there are pampering treatments available too.

Raising money too - we won't be making any money on the ticket sales and we are delighted to be able to raise money for our corporate charity, Breast Cancer Care (£5 of each ticket sale will be donated to the charity).

Tickets are available for the below sessions:

Tuesday 19th January: 9:30am - 1:00pm
Tuesday 19th January: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday 20th January: 9:30am - 1:00pm
Wednesday 20th January: 2:30pm - 6:00pm
Thursday 21st January: 9:30am - 1:00pm

Good to know:

All guests must be over 16 years old, due to venue restrictions
There is limited parking available in the area due to the Central London location. The venue does not have disabled parking
Treatments and consultations are available on a first come, first served basis on the day. There is no guarantee that everyone will be able to have a treatment
Product samples and testers will not be available on brand stands
Each attendee will depart with one goody bag, containing a collection of products for you to discover. The goody bag value is worth £60
Light refreshments will be provided
A film crew and/or photographer may be in attendance during the event and by attending you are consenting that you may be filmed/photographed

Your questions answered:
What if I change my mind after buying a ticket?
Tickets are non-refundable so you would not be able to return them.

Why are there not enough tickets for everyone?
There are only a limited number of tickets available. We appreciate some customers will be disappointed if they are not able to acquire them and we apologise for this but there are strict limitations on numbers to ensure each attendee has an enjoyable experience.

Does my ticket include a guest?
One ticket means entry for one person.

Do I need to bring a proof of ID with me?
You do not need to bring any ID with you to the event – just your confirmation letter.

Direct despatch: all attendees will receive their confirmation letter by 31st December 2015 at the latest. This confirmation letter acts as your ticket and admits one person. You will also receive a floor plan of all the brands attending, plus travel directions. Entry to the event is only permitted with this letter. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.

All the afternoon sessions are sold out.

Oh, and there's already a review!!!

Despite everything that's been said my friend Kyllie and I have decided to go and have brought tickets for Tuesday PM. I will be driving so I will have 2 spare seats in the car leaving from Skelmersdale WN8 and Bolton BL5. I don't mind picking up on route as long as it isn't too much of a detour. Let me know.

Despite everything that's been said my friend Kyllie and I have decided to go and have brought tickets for Tuesday PM. I will be driving so I will have 2 spare seats in the car leaving from Skelmersdale WN8 and Bolton BL5. I don't mind picking up on route as long as it isn't too much of a detour. Let me know.

I've never been because I'm not really into beauty to that extent ,but hope you and your friend really enjoy it and have good things to report.

I hope you have a great day. Please give us a full report afterwards.

may i add my 'hope you will enjoy it' too
good thing is that you were able to make an informed decision
reading all the inputs and feedback on here
and your expectations are more likely to be more in line with what the Beauty Bash has changed into
hence disappointment much less likely
:mysmilie_59:

I got a text too informing about the beauty bash ,saying that tickets are limited ,that's the first time I have received .Def must be desperate .

Beauty Bash 2016 Brand Stands

I posted this on the Mally thread but thought it would be usedful to copy it here I've marked the new brands with a *

perricone
Molton Brown
OPI
Judith Williams
Colour Wow
Time bomb
Pure Collagen Gold*
Benefit
Nexxus*
Nails inc
Alpha H
SBC
Becca
Margaret Dabbs
Decleor
Julien Farel
Gatineau
Leighton Denny
Dr Dennis Gross*
Aurelia*
James Read
Little Ondine*
NIOD*
Revitalash
Nude Stix*
IT Cosmetics*
Beauty Bioscience*
L'Occitane
Taya
This Works
Prai
Laura Geller
Percy & Reed
Sarah Chapman
Babylis
Vita Liberata
Murad
Blink*
Ariane Poole* (technically a return)
Liz Earle
bareMinerals
Imedeen
tarte
Philosophy
Joan Collins
hairdo
Ultrasun
Illuminage*
Elemis
no!no!
Radical
Ole Henriksen
Caudalie
Magnitone
Dafni*
Algenist
Ego
ABC
Flora Mare
Living Proof
BioEffect
Bee Good*
Philip Kingsley
Tan Luxe
Life + Lab*
M. Asam

So pleased to see Ariane Poole back with QVC!

The selection of new brands might have tempted a few more to buy tickets if they'd publicised this list...maybe their tech support team are branching out into PR ineptitude now!

They've already had shows with Nexxus in the past few months.

Ones that pique my interest are NIOD (on the Mally thread I've posted a link to a brilliant blog post & Q&A on Caroline Hirons' site), and Dr Dennis Gross (another Ms Hirons' fave). I'm still not tempted to buy a ticket to go to the BB.

That's a lot of stands to get round! I'd like to say it's a lot of company reps for QVC to keep an eye on (to prevent from giving out freebies) but I'm sure QVC will have a way. Maybe they use the drones with spy cameras they sell?

I posted this on the Mally thread but thought it would be usedful to copy it here I've marked the new brands with a *

perricone
Molton Brown
OPI
Judith Williams
Colour Wow
Time bomb
Pure Collagen Gold*
Benefit
Nexxus*
Nails inc
Alpha H
SBC
Becca
Margaret Dabbs
Decleor
Julien Farel
Gatineau
Leighton Denny
Dr Dennis Gross*
Aurelia*
James Read
Little Ondine*
NIOD*
Revitalash
Nude Stix*
IT Cosmetics*
Beauty Bioscience*
L'Occitane
Taya
This Works
Prai
Laura Geller
Percy & Reed
Sarah Chapman
Babylis
Vita Liberata
Murad
Blink*
Ariane Poole* (technically a return)
Liz Earle
bareMinerals
Imedeen
tarte
Philosophy
Joan Collins
hairdo
Ultrasun
Illuminage*
Elemis
no!no!
Radical
Ole Henriksen
Caudalie
Magnitone
Dafni*
Algenist
Ego
ABC
Flora Mare
Living Proof
BioEffect
Bee Good*
Philip Kingsley
Tan Luxe
Life + Lab*
M. Asam

So pleased to see Ariane Poole back with QVC!

The selection of new brands might have tempted a few more to buy tickets if they'd publicised this list...maybe their tech support team are branching out into PR ineptitude now!

Little Ondine. Nude Stix. Blink are some of the items im starting to find & Ariane Poole i did see in my searches but wasnt sure if they were new or old but maybe replacing YBF???

& i just found some Beauty Bioscience & Julien Farel too

re Niod
someone flagged this up as an interesting new brand on Q recently (was it Akimbo)
and i have come across the copper serum now
and i am thinking,it sounds very interesting indeed
Q don't have it listed yet as a brand
and i hardly ever watch Q
but wondered, if you hear about this coming on air/featuring on air/having been featured
i'd love to know about it
it seems like a potentially interesting concept to me (but at the same time it could of course be snake oil)
and this is the kind of thing, i would like to try it via the MBG
as i haven't seen any trial sizes around so far

so if you come across it
i'd be very grateful if you could mention it
merci :mysmilie_12:

re Niod
someone flagged this up as an interesting new brand on Q recently (was it Akimbo)
but wondered, if you hear about this coming on air/featuring on air/having been featured
it seems like a potentially interesting concept to me (but at the same time it could of course be snake oil)

so if you come across it

it will all be in the new beauty items when they start to come to the website

re Niod

so if you come across it

I posted a link to Caroline Hirons' blog on the New Beauty Items thread - she'd just done a post about NIOD and there was a Q&A with Deciem's founder Brandon underneath her post... very informative, and "from the horse's mouth" so to speak.

Here's the link to the guide to NIOD post

I posted a link to Caroline Hirons' blog on the New Beauty Items thread - she'd just done a post about NIOD and there was a Q&A with Deciem's founder Brandon underneath her post... very informative, and "from the horse's mouth" so to speak.

Here's the link to the guide to NIOD post

merci for re posting it for me
fascinating stuff, and looks like interesting ideas,
was quite interested about what he said about eye creams too
love to learn more, and possibly try in the future ....

here are some more interviews with the founder:
https://www.victoriahealth.com/editorial/gill-meets-brandon-truaxe
https://www.victoriahealth.com/editorial/gill-meets-brandon-truaxe-again

an interesting excerpt/quote and something that i have been exploring myself/asking questions about/trying to understand better :

'In the functional beauty category, there will be a significant shift from causing damage to the skin (peels, lasers) to encouraging skin health and repair. The current mentality is “How do I look best immediately” and the answer is to peel your skin somehow. This will lead to inflammation (=ageing) and susceptibility to pollution and UV. The mentality will shift to “How do I maximize my skin health so I age better?”.'

sounds very promising to me ...

been reading up more about this guy
he is a business whizz kid, already started and sold various brands/companies
darling of the investors
hmmm, i smell a lot of nous for getting rich quickly,
so i shall keep that in mind ....

Latest posts

Back