Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is the 200ml the same product? It has a slightly diff name & there isn't an ingredient list to peruse.

Well my order didn't go through as I was waiting on my new debit card , so was about to order today as my card arrived and found it cheaper on a different website, for £23.50 with free P&P , as far as I know the white packaging is because its the salon size, on this website it says pretty much the same as the one on Qvc so will be ordering it from here. I will report back when I receive it and let you know if its the same product fingers crossed lol

Just ordered the 200ml Prolagene Gel from Strawberry.net, not only do you get an extra 5% off for new members , you also get a free Calvin Klein eye shadow and its tracks through topcash back at 15.7% , so the total was £22.32 and free delivery and still have the cashback to come so beat that Qvc :)..... And if you order two of the same product you get an extra 1% discount

Just ordered the 200ml Prolagene Gel from Strawberry.net, not only do you get an extra 5% off for new members , you also get a free Calvin Klein eye shadow and its tracks through topcash back at 15.7% , so the total was £22.32 and free delivery and still have the cashback to come so beat that Qvc :)..... And if you order two of the same product you get an extra 1% discount
Just looked at strawberry.net and it's a German site, is this correct? Thanks

Just checked Topbackcash and £3.37 has been tracked from strawberrynet.com . so brings the price of the prolagene gel to under £20 :D

Just looked at strawberry.net and it's a German site, is this correct? Thanks

I once ordered from them and got stung for customs charges!

Well ive emailed them to check coz I will be cancelling if theres a customer charge lol

Just phoned them and spoke to someone (free number luckily) and they said it varies on the product if theres a custom charge in the Uk , however they refund any charges you encounter all you have to do is send a photo of the receipt , so phew :D

Yeah I too got a customs charge with them. Emailed a photo and was duly refunded to their credit. I think it is a Hong Kong/China based company though, and I would be wary ordering beauty products from that far. The product I ordered from them was clearly off, vile smelling etc and I didn't open it till a few weeks after I ordered it - never again! That said I do think they have a mbg so I should have perhaps told them of this. This was about 8 years ago mind I would advise you check the gel and make sure your happy with it as soon as it arrives!

So picked my order up yesterday, as I couldn't get there before the post office closed on Friday , had to pay a custom charge, so filled out a form yesterday afternoon, sent a copy of the receipt and just had an email from paypal to say they have refunded the custom charge , so brilliant service from Strawberrynet, the box was nicely packaged with a bow , and the free CK eye shadow is a decent size and boxed , so will make a nice gift if I don't keep it. So £22.32 + £3.57 cash back for 200mls of prolagene gel was a bargain so very happy. Ive checked strawberrynet and the prolagene gel is now £39.50 so I think I got very lucky buying it when I did :)

A very lovely forum member sent me their James Reed sleep mask tan sample for the Beauty Bash and I've been meaning to post my review (full of good intentions as always!).

I found it was pleasant enough to use, but I'm a confident fake tan user. It's quite a slippery fluid serum texture which makes a nice change from the usual cream textures for face tan products. I probably over-estimated the amount for the first couple of applications and managed to spread the excess easily over face, neck, shoulder and bust. The texture means it's easy to keep working with the product to ensure it's blended everywhere, with no white missed bits. Once it's on my face it feels ok not greasy or sticky and I wasn't aware of the classic fake tan smell until the next morning. The colour is ok, not too deep with a single application. Would I buy it? I'm not sure, I already have a Judith Williams product which I like for winter as it doesn't go too deep http://www.curabeauty.com/products/self-tan/st-self-tanning-facecream then in summer I use A Xen Tan for face product.

In my experience a facial tanning product is only good if the resulting colour suits you so it's difficult to recommend for someone else to use, but the tried and tested technique I use is to exfoliate well, spritz with toner but wait for it to dry completely, apply enough product to spread everywhere in one go, even if you end up washing excess down the sink when you wash your hands it's better than running dry before your face is covered and trying to fill in any missed areas. Go right up to all the hairline, over and behind the ears, down the neck and onto the chest. Don't go to bed until it's dried on the face + 30mins otherwise it may wipe off on the pillow before it's "taken". Daytime applications - allow 30-60 mins before applying make up so you don't move the product around on your face, or wipe it off other areas. Preferably brush your teeth before applying fake tan or you may rinse the tan away from the actual literal mouth area. Leave it on as long as possible before washing. Exfoliate again about 2 days later so the tan fades evenly.

The BPOTM price looks good, given that there's no added postage and 100ml for £26 delivered and the 50ml size is £18.50 plus £3.95p&p http://www.qvcuk.com/James-Read-Sin...-_-IO_ProdDetail-_-1&relType=IO&refLocation=1

Jame Reed, bless him! DD and I met him at the Beauty Bash and although he was charming he was shamelessly name-dropping for the whole 20 minutes we were talking to him. I couldn't catch my daughter's eye because I knew we'd start laughing! Then followed an amusing parody with us stating that Catherine the Great, Gengis Khan and Cleopatra also used his stuff, hopefully we were out of earshot! :mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back