Beauty Weekend - Bought anything?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have bought a few Tarte items - the contour palette with brush, under eye concealer with brush, foundation and concealer duo with brush and the OTO mascara duo with primer - I've yet to find any Tarte items I don't like, yes some of the shadow palettes can be quite samey with colours, but all excellent quality make up, although I wish they'd reduce the price and do the products without all the brushes - I've got loads now

Someone on Facebook said the brand is cheaper on Feelunique and Salon Skincare, even their own site.

NIOD isn't currently cheaper on these sites
but can be when special offers occur
and the brands own site did a great Black Friday offer

i have researched and thought much about NIOD
and bought the Copper Peptide & Multi Molecular Hyaluronic serum duo at £47 something plus p&p
bought yesterday before the life show
and want to try it & happy to pay p&p back and forth, if need to be, to do so

if i continue with NIOD
i am most likely to repurchase only the NIOD copper peptide
and will wait for 20% or more off offers where they stock them
additional places not mentioend yet are Victoria Health and mankind (same company as lookfantastic but for guys stuff and have seperate money off deals)
i will also use the Copper in conjunction with the (Deciem) Hylamide SubQ serum
which you can get exclusively at Boots for 30ml at £30RRP but very often 1/3 off (i paid £20 before xmas)
i have it on very good authority/horses mouth that this combo is just as good (but loads cheaper)

i have also used to great effect the (Deciem) Hand Chemistry Retiniol oil on the face
after being encouraged to do by the founder (he released as a 'body' product as non-compete agreement stopped him doing face prods)
have used to great effect on hormonal break out marks on chin
and now using on more areas of face, works really well, no peeling, very happy bunny indeed
paid £11 on offer for 100ml Retin Oil 1%

also using the Boots version of fractured eye contour
too early to say how i feel about it ...
trying to find out the difference between this and the NIOD one
cos you could again get it for about half in Boots when on offer
if comparable spec

the NEC is the next one i am trying to try out

p.s. have been laying off the glycolic - using retinol and vit c instead

yes, follow instructions on front of site,
something like BUY15 and BUY20 (correction for 3 prods)
also a gift if spend is over £55

I've just checked lookfantastic and it seems that they are selling the older version of Copper Peptide with copper crystals that is supposed to be kept in the fridge. The one on QVC is a newer version and it says so on the box, Version 6.2.001
Even on NIOD own website they have the old box.

I've just checked lookfantastic and it seems that they are selling the older version of Copper Peptide with copper crystals that is supposed to be kept in the fridge. The one on QVC is a newer version and it says so on the box, Version 6.2.001
Even on NIOD own website they have the old box.

agree, prefer the newer version

Too too much!

Perricone TSV thought it was a good tsv to try the skincare range and the no foundation serum out thoroughly. I'm really bad at sending stuff back even when faulty but I'm hoping given the price I will if I'm not impressed enough. Bought a taya haircare set, tarte contour pallet and mascara's. Also just ordered the Hello Kitty OPI set that 's on advanced orders so may change my mind on that. I think the colours are really cute but do I already have almost identical already? Probably.

Unfortunately for my bank balance this beauty weekend came just at a time when I felt like treating myself and had a lazy Saturday.

I have a stressful week ahead of me so am being indulgent and kind to myself.

I actually did, I rarely buy from Q anymore but I also bought the tarte contour palette. I loved the look of it and am a demon for blushers/highlighters/contour powders. I've not bought any Tarte in ages and only have a couple of bits, so thought why not.

have to say I don't actually watch shows. I catch bits and pieces by flicking over in ad breaks. That was how I caught the Decleor kit on Friday night, I stayed to watch as I was interested. I bought the Tarte Energy Clay Noir palette on Tuesday morning as I had been haunting the item number since it popped up last year.

The Tarted shipped on Friday!!!! I mean really ordered at 7.22am on Tuesday! The Decleor ordered around 9.55pm Friday shipped Saturday morning!!!

I didn't watch any of it. I watch less QVC every day. It is the same old, same old every time you switch on.

I didn't watch any of it. I watch less QVC every day. It is the same old, same old every time you switch on.

Ah, but there were some new brands that are new this year.

My first taya delivery arrived this morning... And my boiler broke. No hot water until the morning so can't even wash my hair and try it!

oh no - what a bummer! I nearly ordered lots of things but didn't....although I sneaked in some stuff on Friday thanks to item numbers on here. I wasn't wowed by some of the new brands but only caught bits of shows here and there. And what does 'if you have ethnicity in your hair' actually mean?!! is that like Alison's famous 'if you have African-Caribbean skin on your feet?'. the drops of stuff from Niod looked interesting enough. Anyone tried?

Got enough stuff and therefore didn't need to buy! Saw some good deals but resisted, proud! :mysmilie_14:

Ah, but there were some new brands that are new this year.

New brands same old selling spiel, and at a guess same old results. I had to laugh the other day Kathy had to hair done by some new/mustn't be without product, her hair did look nice and Kathy was so excited as she wouldn't have to do her hair the next day...guess what Kathy's hair was back to normal..lol

I bought the Becca Afterglow Highlight and Blush Palette on Saturday morning. Bought it before it was was listed on easy pay - that said, my resolutions this year are not to buy anything on easy pay. I have one easy payment left which comes out next month and that's it.

I price checked the Becca palette everywhere first, and checked out reviews as well. Very unusually for QVC, the palette even with p&p included was cheaper than anywhere else online.

Its still "in process" though. Rang CS to ask why and was told it was because the order was placed over the weekend?!!!

Bought nothing, watched practically nothing. I recorded an MB show but Mrs Windmill and DBF were too much for me, so whizzed through it in about five minutes. I nearly watched L'Occy but it was with JF so didn't bother. Still I have so much of both in my stash I couldn't have justified a purchase!

Latest posts

Back