Being totally UN-PC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I'm at an age now where I couldn't give a toss about being pc - (its the problem of others not me), so the other day when I saw (I think it was Benefit cosmetics) a man plastering himself with product and telling me how to apply eye make up and the rest, I thought WTF ???

Yes, I'm quite aware that most fashion designers are men, and there are male make up artists some of which are beyond good, but watching a bearded young man applying mascara I wondered what QVC hoped to achieve - is it their continued push for the LGBTQ community, well whatever it is, I turned off.

I'm at an age now where I couldn't give a toss about being pc - (its the problem of others not me), so the other day when I saw (I think it was Benefit cosmetics) a man plastering himself with product and telling me how to apply eye make up and the rest, I thought WTF ???

Yes, I'm quite aware that most fashion designers are men, and there are male make up artists some of which are beyond good, but watching a bearded young man applying mascara I wondered what QVC hoped to achieve - is it their continued push for the LGBTQ community, well whatever it is, I turned off.
I agree, I find it very annoying & off putting.

There was a guy at the Dior counter at my local Boots who was plastered in foundation. The manager at Dior in HoF is lovely and no makeup but great at applying it if you ask.

I think it is because he is the brand ambassador and cannot come to the studio, so applying to himself and not on model.

Benefit as a brand have always been into makeup for both sexes.

I watched all seasons of Glow Up and so many men are makeup artists. The stuff they were doing on the show was amazing like oil paintings.
Glow Up guilty pleasure 🥰
Was really pleased with the last series winner, hope she does well with the prosthetics makeup.

There was a guy at the Dior counter at my local Boots who was plastered in foundation. The manager at Dior in HoF is lovely and no makeup but great at applying it if you ask.
There is a young man in our town Boots. Immaculately dressed with well styled hair and beautifully plucked eyebrows but I don't think he wears make up.

I couldn't look at him above a few minutes. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it impossible to watch.

All this gender fluidity confuses me. I see young men wearing makeup and carrying handbags, not messenger bags or shoulder bags but handbags in rainbow colours. Kurt Geiger designs a whole rang of them for men as well as women.

All this gender fluidity confuses me. I see young men wearing makeup and carrying handbags, not messenger bags or shoulder bags but handbags in rainbow colours. Kurt Geiger designs a whole rang of them for men as well as women.
Can’t stand it either.

The son of one of my sister's friends has partially transitioned with hormone treatment only, has the pronoun they & decides on gender randomly. This person is one the most joyless individuals I've ever met & completely self obsessed.

My bestest friend's grandchild was once her granddaughter but is now known as her grandson -ALTHOUGH she/he has only had the top bit 'sorted', and is reluctant to do downstairs.

So, tell me, because me and my friend can't get our heads around this. In reality the female bits downstairs are still there but the child - who is just over 20, is now dressing as a male, has a male haircut and taking hormones as well as choosing a male name, but is still theoretically a female. Its incredibly hard when speaking about this child, never knowing whether to refer as him or her !!!

The Human Rights Act really has a lot to answer for, as it has led to all sorts of 'rights' and in the process created a lot more confusion for the rest of us.

Hormone treatment & surgery may create a different body but the chromosomes, DNA & skeleton will only be male or female.

My bestest friend's grandchild was once her granddaughter but is now known as her grandson -ALTHOUGH she/he has only had the top bit 'sorted', and is reluctant to do downstairs.

So, tell me, because me and my friend can't get our heads around this. In reality the female bits downstairs are still there but the child - who is just over 20, is now dressing as a male, has a male haircut and taking hormones as well as choosing a male name, but is still theoretically a female. Its incredibly hard when speaking about this child, never knowing whether to refer as him or her !!!

The Human Rights Act really has a lot to answer for, as it has led to all sorts of 'rights' and in the process created a lot more confusion for the rest of us.
Choosing a public toilet must be an issue & not just for this person.

I think it is because he is the brand ambassador and cannot come to the studio, so applying to himself and not on model.

Benefit as a brand have always been into makeup for both sexes.

I watched all seasons of Glow Up and so many men are makeup artists. The stuff they were doing on the show was amazing like oil paintings.
Loved Glow Up Donna amazing talent.

Choosing a public toilet must be an issue & not just for this person.

Its certainly an issue for me when faced with no choice - when a sign tells me its Mixed Toilet !!!!! Going after some bloke (no offence Stratto) in a public wc is definitely not a good experience - rather like holding your breath when using the lav on a plane !!!

Sorry but to me anybody with a penis whether the penis works or not and whether the person with that penis wears frocks, a bra, makeup, knickers or not, is male.
The same applies that anybody with a vagina, whether in use or not and even if that person has a beard, no boobs and dresses in hob nailed boots, boxer shorts and levis, is female. Nobody will ever convince me otherwise.
We are defined by our reproductive paraphernalia, ie penis or vagina, males have a penis, females have a vagina and yes I do know that now again Mother Nature throws up a quirk of nature with a child who appears to have both.
I know some women transitioning with male hormones frequently carry their own babies which means whilst trying to become pregnant and during pregnancy they have to refrain from using male hormones. To me that`s like having your cake and eating it.
I actually do have a friend who has gone the whole hog, he now says she, the penis has been removed, a vagina created, the boobs have grown and have also been enhanced with implants, she lives openly as a woman but has been lucky enough to have enough money to pay for lots of private treatment , her ex wife and sons are now accustomed to the new persona but even after all that, she still does her job under her old masculine name. As a script writer for several TV shows such as My Family, Russ Abbott show, The Booze Cruise, May to December just to name a few of them and a comedy sketch writer for many well known comedians, your name and your track record are your bread and butter so even she has to still hark back to her original masculine status and still isn`t totally free of the gender she says she felt trapped within.

I suppose we have to accept that adults know their own mind and know what they are getting into and understand it isn’t a walk in the park but I just can’t accept that children as young as 4 can possibly say that they have been born into the wrong sex.

Hell if every tomboy changed their sex there would be very few females left.

Did anyone else hear Marla Wynne once mention that when her children were very young she only dressed them in black clothing so that they could form their own identity later? She then said that her daughter now wears a lot of pink. It seemed so odd to hear it then but now 'odd' is all the rage. I prefer to be the 'odd-one-out'.

Did anyone else hear Marla Wynne once mention that when her children were very young she only dressed them in black clothing so that they could form their own identity later? She then said that her daughter now wears a lot of pink. It seemed so odd to hear it then but now 'odd' is all the rage. I prefer to be the 'odd-one-out'.
I don’t like black on a young child, time for that when starting school, when there are so many fabulous gender neutral colours to choose from. Even going to a funeral black is optional.

Latest posts

Back