Birchwood QVC Outlet TROLLEY BAN !!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've not been back there since the first day of the trolley ban . Has the ' grabbing behaviour ' now improved as a result ?

Secret shoppers would be useless in advising on intervention. Would you, as a sales assistant, risk being punched? I wouldn't. Security staff are needed and a rogues gallery of offenders. Why, because it is an outlet, should ruffian behaviour be tolerated? They limit quantities of particular items per customer, maybe they need to limit more.

I have been in to Birchwood once since the ban and thought that there were less of the dedicated shopper hellbent on getting more than their fair share of bargains. Thanks to the trolley ban it is now not possible to grab handfuls of clothes, putting them in potty bags (far too small). As for one shopper abusing another, why would anyone behave like that? I don't think this behaviour is confined to the QVC shop though, they'd behave like self centred little thugs in other stores too.

Speaking to other shoppers in the store, these people who hang about all day seem to be 'in the know' as to when the staff will be putting out clothes and position themseves strategically to make sure they get everything and stop anybody else from getting what they want. Seems as if the management only want the 'big buyers' in the store which is unfair to those of us who just want the odd bargain in YOUR OWN SIZE!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:
The whole thing sounds vile.

And I think people who are making money on eBay on this kind off professional basis should be reported. I pay tax on my earnings, why shouldn't they?

Ive noticed a lot of times the stuff that's more or less exclusive to QVC when sold on eBay is sold by sellers who give their location as Liverpool. I've particularly seen it with one (private) seller who sells loads and loads of Laura Gellar make up. Dyou reckon the staff get first picks at damaged stock and what not and then are flogging it on? Seems a bit shonky to me. :wonder:

The whole thing sounds vile.

And I think people who are making money on eBay on this kind off professional basis should be reported. I pay tax on my earnings, why shouldn't they?

I have noticed quite a few QVC resellers on EBay are registered business sellers so they will be paying their taxes just like the rest of us. I'm a registered business seller and the Inland Revenue know I am.

Latest posts

Back