Blooming heck...got my statement!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's actually quite an entertaining read, if not shocking. A lot of the stuff is so abbreviated that it's really difficult to see what it actually was that you bought, and then memories come flooding back. I was reminded of a skirt that I sent back because when it arrived it looked like it had been fashioned from a pair of American tan tights. It says CM skirt, I wonder who CM was, or JH (I've got a few of that on there). All I can say looking back is that thank heavens that with Q you have to purchase outright and you can't get yourself into debt with them, (easy pay excepted). Could you imagine them running a system where you can buy stuff on the never never and defer payment with about 40% interest and compound interest? It really doesn't bear thinking about. I know that mail order and online catalogues do this, but selly telly is a bit different and attracts more vulnerable people, and that the sad stories that you hear of families discovering loved one's homes full of crap and unopened boxes after they've gone would end up with a lot of debt to sort out and add to the misery!
My Q habit has stopped, though I've been slightly tempted lately by a few things but have resisted.
CM was probably Cydney Mar, still working on JH.

You can consider much more now, look around, compare prices etc.Not like the Qcut times when an item may have been sold out before you got through, or when we sat up ‘til midnight to grab the TSV.I never used to think about the P&P now I factor it in including the cost of return, that stops me on my tracks.

You can consider much more now, look around, compare prices etc.Not like the Qcut times when an item may have been sold out before you got through, or when we sat up ‘til midnight to grab the TSV.I never used to think about the P&P now I factor it in including the cost of return, that stops me on my tracks.
Absolutely. For the last few years I'd have a look at the Q & if I saw something I liked I'd then search elsewhere, usually finding it cheaper & receiving it faster. Even though I'm no longer a customer I still look but rarely see anything worth more than a cursory glance.

Oh, I’m not going there!!
mostly jewellery & beauty TSV’s, like lovingallthings I’m glad it’s mostly crap now as checking the things on their American site,I know I’d still be buying if we had that.
I spent more last year, not being able to shop on the dreaded high street, especially on makeup now you can’t test in store. At least you can return to Q.
But I decided at the start of this month I wasn’t buying anything from them in June, so far kept it up( polishing halo 😂). Can I stretch it to the rest of this year??? 🤔
I still use & love some things, especially my Ninja food processor thingy, haven’t had my big Braun one out of the cupboard since that arrived ages ago.

CM was probably Cydney Mar, still working on JH.
Yeah, JH - Still wracking my brains...there's a couple of jersey tunics on there, a couple of 5 piece travel wardrobes (whatever they may be) one ordered in black, one order in navy, a couple of linen kaftans, all saying JH and the funny thing is, is that looking back at some of the clothes I ordered, I wouldn't be seen dead in half the stuff nowadays! JH could be someone's initials but then could be just a brand, as I worked out the the MS items I had was "modern soul". Apart from the clothing purchases you'd be amazed at some of the shite I bought...What's a jubilee radio when it's at home? it cost me nearly £30 incl p&p. I used to have this radio gadget that went on the handlebars of my bike some years ago, perhaps that was it! I got a set of pink marshmallow lights (wtf?!) perhaps it was a gift for someone, spent £16 on "body vibes" wtf? (again)! Then I saw simply "spring creek express" that was only a tenner, but I googled it, and the picture came up and I remembered it was a good old Thomas Kincade cross stitch set, and I actually enjoyed doing that, so not so bad! Then I found a "washable jacket" it was 50 bliddy quid...I thought most jackets were washable lol..anyway..phew..can see that was a cancelled order - I came to my senses!!!

I still buy quite a few beauty TSVs and OTOs but nowhere near as much as I used to. I tend to watch the demonstrations of new products on their website and then look to purchase them at better price elsewhere. There's business models is exactly the same as it was in the days when we used to "jump to the phones" and they're increasingly falling behind. I'll be surprised if they continue to trade without a major overhaul at some point.

Yeah, JH - Still wracking my brains...there's a couple of jersey tunics on there, a couple of 5 piece travel wardrobes (whatever they may be) one ordered in black, one order in navy, a couple of linen kaftans, all saying JH and the funny thing is, is that looking back at some of the clothes I ordered, I wouldn't be seen dead in half the stuff nowadays! JH could be someone's initials but then could be just a brand, as I worked out the the MS items I had was "modern soul". Apart from the clothing purchases you'd be amazed at some of the shite I bought...What's a jubilee radio when it's at home? it cost me nearly £30 incl p&p. I used to have this radio gadget that went on the handlebars of my bike some years ago, perhaps that was it! I got a set of pink marshmallow lights (wtf?!) perhaps it was a gift for someone, spent £16 on "body vibes" wtf? (again)! Then I saw simply "spring creek express" that was only a tenner, but I googled it, and the picture came up and I remembered it was a good old Thomas Kincade cross stitch set, and I actually enjoyed doing that, so not so bad! Then I found a "washable jacket" it was 50 bliddy quid...I thought most jackets were washable lol..anyway..phew..can see that was a cancelled order - I came to my senses!!!
Was JH clothing?
There were Juniper Hill candles at some point

Was JH clothing?
There were Juniper Hill candles at some point
Yes, definitely clothing...as it all appears to be tunics, kaftans and what sounds like stretchy leisure clothes. I thought maybe Q dabbled with Joanna Hope (not to be confused with the dreadful Michele Hope) but I'm pretty sure that they didn't. Could be a man's initials of course or just a brand, but nothing is coming to me and now I feel I need to know lol! "Jim Hawkins - me 'earties" - no def wasn't that!

OMG!!!! I decided to tap in the item number into Q's website and it all still comes up - JH = Jessica Holbrook! Gonna have fun this afternoon I can tell!!!
The Jubilee radio was a retro bush radio exactly like one we had when I was a child...I remember buying this now as a pressie for my mum!

Last edited:
It's been amazing fun cross referencing all the item numbers - Unfortunately not all of them come up, unfortunately that includes the blooming gunmetal grey jumpsuit that I can't remember buying for the life of me. Most of the clothing items I tapped in weren't actually as bad as they sound when written down, and I remembered most of them with fondness, even though some of the stuff wouldn't be my style nowadays. The JH (Jessica Holbrook) 5 piece travel set was great, and I can see why I bought it in two colourways, you got an midi skirt, a pair of trousers a stripey tee shirt and an overshirt...and I remember them being really wearable and surprisingly un-frumpy and they all came in a bag so you could take them for a weekend away. Model's prefer make up, Print Fusion dresses. I even bought a set of 30 handmade greetings cards they were £15 and with postage it was taken up to £19, they were in a presentation box, when I saw the pic I remembered how lovely they were and how useful the set was. So I have to say this experience has mostly brought happy memories back. Not as bad as I thought it was gonna be. Yes I did buy quite a bit of crap, but on the whole the stuff was good...that was then, and when the V actually stood for value!

This is becoming proper nostalgia, as well as sobering for the £££'s spent on Q.
I have a Ninja Professional, with 2 jugs, a chopping pot and 3 sets of blades. I wouldn't part with it.
My NutriNinja died and I replaced it with a NutriBullet from Lakeland.
My Cook's Essentials soup maker died and I replaced it with a Morphy Richard's one.
I bought an EcoEgg and that's going to be chucked out.
I bought a load of storage Ottoman, all still going strong. They will soon be decluttered on the basis that more storage breeds more clutter, and that's not my goal.
I still have my Lori Greiner trinket pot. That might be gifted when I sort out my jewellery.
My BodyBlade is standing unused in the umbrella stand...time to get rid, I think.
Clothing I have still to make a new cull of. I bought far too much in the old days, and have already gotten did of a lot of it. The stuff likely to stay are the non-polyester items - so Denim & Co and Isaac Mizrahi Live! mainly.

I would never want to see my statement, I only have to look in one of my cupboards to see some of the useless gadgets that I have bought over the years. I have got wise in later years and now check the internet before I order anything.

If they had a 30 year money back guarantee I would send it all back and go on a world cruise. Most of my purchases have gone now and what was I thinking on half of it. I've still got the jewellery but sadly hardly any of the rings fit me now as my fingers are swollen. Nice to look at though.

CC

I still have & use the PreZerve jewellery folders, the fabric ones full of little individual compartments for all the jewellery l bought.

Latest posts

Back