Breast Cancer Care evening, Thursday 15 October 7-10pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Meemoo

Registered Shopper
I've just been reading the Breast Cancer Care website & it gives information on this years evening: -
"This year’s special Be Aware, Show You Care programme will be broadcast on Thursday 15 October from 7 to 10pm. A wide variety of products will be sold in aid of Breast Cancer Care, including the Be Aware, Show You Care Lily Collection, a special Bare Escentuals eye collection, and a stunning pink heart necklace."

Here's the link if anyone is interested

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.743

Once again they are not doing it live from the fashion show as it is on 7th October.

I have never managed to buy anything at any of these events. I don't know how much stock they start with, but every item I tried to order was out of stock.

I have never managed to buy anything at any of these events. I don't know how much stock they start with, but every item I tried to order was out of stock.

me too! Stopped even trying for the last couple of years.

I think they have 2 of everything.......... you've got no chance. When you eventually get through - you're best to just press all the buttons on your keypad frantically and hope for something, anything. Because it won't be what you originally began phoning for - that item will have gone whilst you were blinking. I no longer believe they have anything in stock - they just like to show you what you COULD have had if people had actually donated.....I'm not bitter.

the year before last, i got two things and they were both carp :( i got them by keep trying online as people dump them out their baskets...i could've bought more this way too. But they weren't quality items so i've never bothered since.Would rather just donate.

I thought last year it was a real let down. Hope things have improved this year. I ended up just sending a donation by cheque directly myself.

I will be farting but products always carp anyway - will donate in other ways. I am glad as it is rather stressful trying to get the item you want.

Clinique, Prescriptives and I think Smashbox all have BCC limited edition items available 'on the high street' and the sale of each item includes a donation to BCC. If you google all the products are pretty easy to find. Clinique have two sets, one a litlte handbag charm with three mini glosses for £15, the other a Liz Hurley set of lip pencil, lipstick and gloss for £20. Prescriptives have a LUSH palette of four eyeshadows and two blushes for £25. Got to be easier to source these than on QVC, I gave up trying years ago as things sell out at a stupid pace, it just gets frustrating!

Tx

The Estee Lauder group Clinique,Bobbi Brown and Prescriptives only give £1 for every item bought. How big of them.:yawn2:

Elemis have a fabulous kit in a pink bag, 30ml of PCMC,ONC, 15mls of Papaya exfoliator and Neck cream for £35. From that £10 of each one sold goes to BCC. Thats a bit more like it. The 30ml of the PCMC is £45 on its own and more for the night cream.

With the credit crunch I can see more and more brands not donating to the QVC event.

I give the QVC thing a miss, donate via a friend who always does a sponsored run and pop change in the collection things at Asda. Dream of the day this cruel disease is wiped out.

Latest posts

Back