Bye bye Claire

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree. Yes grandparents have found it tough, for what 4 months? 16 weeks ? not that long really in the great scheme of things is it. What about those who live abroad? on the other side of the world? Or military families posted abroad, grandparents have to tough it out then. Knowing a hug will be given eventually is small fry compared to those who lost a loved one, and couldn't be at the deathbed or give a proper funeral, this I find has been the cruellest outcome of this pandemic. At the end of the day, whatever else there is to moan and whinge about, at least we are alive to do so. Something that shouldn't be forgotten.

So true Brissles but as I am not a Granny I make no comment when those who are apart from their grandchildren and are finding such difficulty.I think this lockdown situation has shown us the huge differences in what we consider as a hardship.I had a bereavement just before lockdown and live alone.I have had to dig very deep at times to survive but that is what we do, fortunately I have something within me to do that.

You know, I never thought of that and I do it a lot. Putting on a front or a face just to get out there and do it. If you're pretending to be someone else then it's not actually you that's having to deal with the shoo shoo or whatever else. Sorry if I was mean about Claire sometimes (and I have been) and I wish her all the best for whatever comes next.

CC
This is my favourite post this year CC. In my youth I think I was judgemental, I've certainly posted on here having a dig at a figure I don't know for comic effect without considering their feelings or anyone else identifying as a similar target. Claire has always struck me as a gentle soul; she might not be. Either way I hope she's happy in her new chapter.

I agree. Yes grandparents have found it tough, for what 4 months? 16 weeks ? not that long really in the great scheme of things is it. What about those who live abroad? on the other side of the world? Or military families posted abroad, grandparents have to tough it out then. Knowing a hug will be given eventually is small fry compared to those who lost a loved one, and couldn't be at the deathbed or give a proper funeral, this I find has been the cruellest outcome of this pandemic. At the end of the day, whatever else there is to moan and whinge about, at least we are alive to do so. Something that shouldn't be forgotten.

Geographically distant is a different mindset. My DD, SIL and GD live a very short distance from me. Seeing my 2yo GD on the doorstep looking straight at me trying to comprehend why she couldn’t come in was heartbreaking for all so much so eventually she refused to come because “I feel sad I can’t go in nannie’s house.” We are together now thank God.

Geographically distant is a different mindset. My DD, SIL and GD live a very short distance from me. Seeing my 2yo GD on the doorstep looking straight at me trying to comprehend why she couldn’t come in was heartbreaking for all so much so eventually she refused to come because “I feel sad I can’t go in nannie’s house.” We are together now thank God.

That’s true, when this all started I was worried our Oscar (five) and Haydn (four) would think nanny and grandpops don’t want to hug them anymore and stopped loving them because children won’t understand, needn’t have worried though because their mum and dad have explained it in such a good way that they really do understand, although at aged two it would be hard I agree. Every week me and the husband have left a toy and some sweets on the doorstep (in a bag obviously) for the kiddies and some goodies for mum and dad, they’ve always done Click and Collect but it was just something off mum and dad/nanny and grandpops. You’re right though Liam, when you miss someone you miss someone be it a mile away of 100 miles away. We’ve spent lots of time on FaceTime and last week chatted at the door, well family at the door me and the husband at the gate, that was good enough for now. We’ll be seeing them next week in the same room and it feels like all our Christmas’s come at once, we love our sons and grandchildren more than I could ever describe, and the daughter-in-laws are like daughters to us so can’t wait 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😘

That’s true, when this all started I was worried our Oscar (five) and Haydn (four) would think nanny and grandpops don’t want to hug them anymore and stopped loving them because children won’t understand, needn’t have worried though because their mum and dad have explained it in such a good way that they really do understand, although at aged two it would be hard I agree. Every week me and the husband have left a toy and some sweets on the doorstep (in a bag obviously) for the kiddies and some goodies for mum and dad, they’ve always done Click and Collect but it was just something off mum and dad/nanny and grandpops. You’re right though Liam, when you miss someone you miss someone be it a mile away of 100 miles away. We’ve spent lots of time on FaceTime and last week chatted at the door, well family at the door me and the husband at the gate, that was good enough for now. We’ll be seeing them next week in the same room and it feels like all our Christmas’s come at once, we love our sons and grandchildren more than I could ever describe, and the daughter-in-laws are like daughters to us so can’t wait 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏😘

I’ve made hefty use of Amazon it’s a running joke I must say Shopper 🎁🎁🎁🎁😆

You and I seem to have a lot in common! We have done the same thing! I was particularly worried that our 2 year old grandson would be confused by our disappearance but the little gifts keep us connected. My granddaughters are 9, 7 and 7 months. FaceTime has kept us connected and we have seen the baby grow. We can’t wait to have them all at our house again and our weekly meals together.

You and I seem to have a lot in common! We have done the same thing! I was particularly worried that our 2 year old grandson would be confused by our disappearance but the little gifts keep us connected. My granddaughters are 9, 7 and 7 months. FaceTime has kept us connected and we have seen the baby grow. We can’t wait to have them all at our house again and our weekly meals together.

We do have a lot in common Evie that’s why we get on so well, we virtually think exactly the same, can imagine us pre-lockdown going for a coffee and a chat putting the world to rights 😃. Won’t be long now till we see our bundles of joy, I’m glad you seen your youngest growing, we can say a lot about technology but without it all this would’ve been so much harder ❤️ xx

I think it could be Claire's own choice to leave. She has
got a young man with Down Syndrome and just maybe
the older he gets the more demanding he gets, I hope
it is not the case with Claire. I think she is a devoted Mother
and wish her nothing but good luck.

yes I suspect that has something to do with her decision .. bless her son .. maybe the pandemic has shifted her perspective, like it might have for many. .. l

She replied to someone on Twitter yesterday and she mentioned Tom's paperwork, in the reply.

Hermes and Amazon are regularly at ours or neighbours. Atm we are awaiting 4 deliveries this week. Coffee, Matalan, Dunelm and a watering can rose. The watering can rose is 48 hour tracked with the Post Office and has been on it's way since last Tuesday. Don't know if any of you are having the same trouble as we are but posties seem to be mia round here.

I sent a package to Yorkshire last Tuesday. It went via Royal Mail. They still haven’t received it. 😳 Maybe their workforce has been reduced in numbers if people are self isolating? It contained a present so I hope it gets there.

I sent a package to Yorkshire last Tuesday. It went via Royal Mail. They still haven’t received it. 😳 Maybe their workforce has been reduced in numbers if people are self isolating? It contained a present so I hope it gets there.
Yep we are in South Yorkshire,maybe just us.😁😁

Yep we are in South Yorkshire,maybe just us.😁😁

That’s helped my stress levels. Hopefully you’ll get your delivery and he’ll get my parcel soon, assuming the Yorkshire work force can cope with any parcel backlog.

Its
That’s helped my stress levels. Hopefully you’ll get your delivery and he’ll get my parcel soon, assuming the Yorkshire work force can cope with any parcel backlog.
It's been like this for months. I posted a card 1st class and it took nearly 10 days to arrive.

I posted a parcel first class which would be collected at 2pm from our local post office and just after 10am the next morning my friend emailed to say it had arrived. It didn’t have very far to go but I was still quite impressed.

Latest posts

Back