Can we please have a Kipling show without monkey silliness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Monkeys, twatting, me me me on Facebook (author don't you know).

What is it with people and those blinking monkey names.

They are bags so sizes etc would be what is required not if it is called after an ex boyfriend, late father, dog etc etc.

Grrr

Aren't they named after Kipling staff? I am sure someone said that on here.

I think it is all too silly. If I had a Kipling bag I would remove the stupid monkey. I think they are quite ugly.

Me too, I'm not a child that needs to drag a comfort teddy around, so having a fluffy monkey hanging off my bag is akin to having a keyring with a troll on it )

Me too, I'm not a child that needs to drag a comfort teddy around, so having a fluffy monkey hanging off my bag is akin to having a keyring with a troll on it )

They do have their uses though, as I have on occasion found them rather useful for distracting/quietening down small children! :nod:

I have bags with the fluffy monkeys on and bags with metal monkeys. I prefer the metal monkeys. I don't know the names of the fluffy monkeys, and I don't bother to remove them from the bags. I dare say I could make some money selling them... if I could be bothered with all the faff. I dare say they will come off when I bung them into the washing machine for a spruce-up.

I think they are over-emphasised. Like everything on QVC, they spend far too much time focusing on trivial, superficial aspects of the products they sell, rather than the very real benefits of owning and using the product - in this case Kipling bags (if you like the style of bag, which I do). Most times these days when Marie-Francoise tries to give you a tour of the bag, the camera is elsewhere, which is a real frustration.

The presentations are supposed to give you relevant information about the bags. Who really gives a stuff about the monkey names? Is it really the decisive factor on which bag/colour you spend your £60-ish on? Aren't there more important aspects - like does the colour work with your clothes and lifestyle... does the style meet your useability requirements? Let the social media team bung up twitter with tweeting that sort of nonsense. The monkey doesn't confer special usefulness for the bag... and if it's soooooooo important, why on earth don't they bother to put the monkey names on together with the bag colour? So if you've an Aunty Suzie you want to buy a bag, you can see which monkey name goes with what colour on each bag and if one is called Suzie.

Save the tv time for showing us the pockets and pouches on the bag, where they are zipped, poppered or velcro fastened... whether there is a detachable strap, and how long it is... and what you can fit in it (yes, including the infernal ipads). And give us the measurements (on website and tv). It isn't too much to ask, really... but these days it seems pie-in-the-sky these days!

I'll only buy Kipling bags with metal or plastic monkeys on, I don't want some kiddie in the supermarket queue looking at me wondering why is this grown woman like his mummy (oh ok then nanny) walking round with a kids furry toy on her bag? kids do wonder these things you know :mysmilie_17:

I can't stand it when they go through the monkey names, I take off the fluffy ones but don't mind the plastic or metal ones.One of my very early Kiplings had the name of a man friend of mine at the time.I didn't notice that until after I bought it & took great delight in telling him--he was not as amused as I was.

Last edited:
Ihave 2 kipling bags.A smaller one from Qvc on offer ages ago. One large one from a bag store in town -cheaper than telly.I think they are good quality and hold a lot. As for the monkeys it's up to you.

Qvc as usual make too much fuss over little things. Probably to sweeten the price of the bag . Take them off ,give them away,sell them or chuck them in the bin. Simple.

I managed to get three items from the Vente Privee sale today for £60, had a £10 offer from them if I spent over £40, I agree that previous sales have been better but I was still pleased with my purchases, managed to get an Aisling, Cayleen and a Roozie, I know I will have to wait a few weeks for delivery but that doesn't bother me ,and at least you only have to pay one lot of postage, unlike Q.
For some reason they sent me an email the other day asking me to decide what print i preferred for a Kipling bag, not sure why as I haven't bought a bag from them for years, got fed up with having to pay postage on returns for some of the ones I didn't like, so stick to Amazon or the DHS now for bargains

This is a brilliant site and great to stock up with Kipling but this sale isn't as good as the others they've had, not as many bargains this time, pretty much on par with Amazon prices.

Just editing to say delivery takes about four weeks so don't buy if you need them soon.

I didn't see anything that really took my fancy this time and theres usually at least three items that I buy.

Ihave 2 kipling bags.A smaller one from Qvc on offer ages ago. One large one from a bag store in town -cheaper than telly.I think they are good quality and hold a lot. As for the monkeys it's up to you.

Qvc as usual make too much fuss over little things. Probably to sweeten the price of the bag . Take them off ,give them away,sell them or chuck them in the bin. Simple.

Obviously if you buy them you can do whatever you want with them (deceased ashes has been suggested for C Bears why not a monkey). What I object to is the whole show turning into "name the monkey". They are bags to hold things - that is what is important not a stupid bit of fluff on a key ring.

I only have one bright pink large travel bag it's been on holiday with me for 15 years ,I think Julie the monkey would be disappointed if I left her at home now.:wink:

Obviously if you buy them you can do whatever you want with them (deceased ashes has been suggested for C Bears why not a monkey). What I object to is the whole show turning into "name the monkey". They are bags to hold things - that is what is important not a stupid bit of fluff on a key ring.

I quite agree with you.Shh about the ashes though or they will probably have some one wanting "Ashley" or "Bernice" bear and another hour of discussion of monkey not bag.

Latest posts

Back