Cannot cancel an order

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

vampyre

Blood Drinking Iconoclast
I know some peeps here including yours truly have been told orders can't be canceled, even within a few minutes of being placed. Has been sent to warehouse for processing blah blah blah. This is annoying since sometimes it's because a more suitable product appears on air not just because the customer has decided against buying.
Yet when due to a website problem the same order was placed twice on my account this morning, they were able to cancel the duplicate without any problem. They had different order numbers so definitely 2 separate orders rather than a clone.

Just a little bit of gratuitous QVC bashing :tongue2:

Similar thing happened to me yesterday also. The day before I tried to place an order but due to a website problem the order couldn't be processed - or so I thought. I was told to either ring my order through or try on line later on. The next day my order was accepted. Sometime later I decided to check my account only to find out that order from the previous day HAD been accepted so my order had been duplicated. I rang CS straight away and one of my orders were cancelled straight away without any problem. I wonder how many more people this has happened to.

I tried to cancel an order about a couple of hours after I had placed it and was told it couldn't be stopped. Interestingly, I was told by customer services that I could refuse to accept the package when it arrived and then it would be returned to QVC without me having to pay postage. Now that's a new one. Anyone tried it?

That has happened to me a couple of times, I agree it's really annoying. Obviously they hope peeps will just accept it rather than refuse and will end up keeping it because it's less hassle. I don't think they are doing themselves any favours by not cancelling, especially when phoned literally a few minutes after ordering.

I tried to cancel an order about a couple of hours after I had placed it and was told it couldn't be stopped. Interestingly, I was told by customer services that I could refuse to accept the package when it arrived and then it would be returned to QVC without me having to pay postage. Now that's a new one. Anyone tried it?

When my Smashbox item was returned to QVC in error after the postie didn't deliver it to me/didn't leave a card, I got refunded full P&P and that was before I got a phonecall from Customer Services asking what happened.

I know some peeps here including yours truly have been told orders can't be canceled, even within a few minutes of being placed. Has been sent to warehouse for processing blah blah blah. This is annoying since sometimes it's because a more suitable product appears on air not just because the customer has decided against buying.
Yet when due to a website problem the same order was placed twice on my account this morning, they were able to cancel the duplicate without any problem. They had different order numbers so definitely 2 separate orders rather than a clone.

Just a little bit of gratuitous QVC bashing :tongue2:

It's amazing how an order can get past the point of no return so quickly but it still takes them a couple of days to get it out of the door.

Some time ago I saw a jacket I loved that one of the presenters was wearing on air. I rang CS to ask if it was a QVC jacket, they gave me the item number and I ordered it, it was an Eastern Spirit item. A bit later on, during the Eastern Spirit show, the same jacket came up but with EZ pay options. I rang CS and asked if I could cancel my original order and re-order on EZ pay. It was no problem at all, she did it for me without question. Maybe it just depends who you get at CS, some will go the extra mile for the customers, some won't.

I have been told this by other companies where I've not paid postage.

However this worries me - as if I just refuse it - I don't get anything from the driver to say its here,I've refused it and this is the tracking number for it to be sent back

It just goes back into the van - it could very easily be "lost" - how does anyone prove that I've had the conversation with the driver?

Exactly the same thing happened to me on Saturday. I rang CS and the order was cancelled straight away. Very odd.

I have been told this by other companies where I've not paid postage.

However this worries me - as if I just refuse it - I don't get anything from the driver to say its here,I've refused it and this is the tracking number for it to be sent back

It just goes back into the van - it could very easily be "lost" - how does anyone prove that I've had the conversation with the driver?

Yes, that is it precisely. It just feels dodgy - you could end up not getting the refund at all. I prefer to send back recorded just in case it goes astray, but this does end up costing a fortune.

Cancellation/postage refund

I tried to cancel an order about a couple of hours after I had placed it and was told it couldn't be stopped. Interestingly, I was told by customer services that I could refuse to accept the package when it arrived and then it would be returned to QVC without me having to pay postage. Now that's a new one. Anyone tried it?[/QUOTE]

I have done this many times by following the procedure below. There has never been a problem and I have always had my postage repaid.

9.4 You also have a statutory right to cancel your purchase. If you wish to cancel you must tell us in writing, by telephone, fax or email (please see our webform at www.qvcuk.com for email cancellations) within 7 working days from the day after the date on which the product is delivered. You should keep evidence of having given your cancellation notice, such as a certificate of posting. You must take reasonable care of the product and you should return the product to us (at your own risk and cost) within 7 working days of notifying us of your cancellation. The product must be returned unused (except to the extent use was reasonably necessary to examine the product). Please return the product with its original packaging. The following products are excluded from this legal right to cancel: (i) perishable products such as food or flowers; (ii) audio/video recordings, DVDs or computer software that you have taken out of the sealed packaging in which they were delivered to you; (iii) products made to your own specification; (iv) periodicals or magazines; and (v) any other products that by reason of their nature cannot be returned. We will refund the purchase price of the product together with the delivery charge you paid to receive the product.

I rang to cancel an order within about an hour of placing it, last night.
The operator said no but then said she'd put me through to CS and see if they could help.
When I got through I was told it couldn't be cancelled because they'd already picked it from the warehouse (!!). She then said she'd send an email over and try to cancel it that way but it might already be on the van (yeahhh..) and that I could just refuse delivery when it arrived.
So I still don't know if it's been cancelled or not.

I always fax or e-mail them and keep a hard copy to check against my A/C. As I always seem to be out when the parcel arrives I just send back in the normal way with a copy of the cancellation inside. I have used this many times, even when I have changed my mind. I must admit Ive always used the form and would not trust word of mouth ie.telephone.

You should be able to see from yourA/C online.

You should be able to see from yourA/C online.

Well waddya know!
I had an email today saying my parcel's on it's way.
That was amazingly fast wasn't it?

Latest posts

Back