Charlie Bears TSV on Sept 10th

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
For those of us that are fans there is the next Charlie Bears TSV on Sept 10th. Hoping the wonderful SCW can work the usual magic and find out what it is in advance - thanks SCW!!!

Unfortunately, it's the day after the Hugglets bear show in Kensington on Sun 9th Sept so timing is not brilliant. To be honest I've not been a fan of the recent TSVs from CBs. I felt that the Once Upon A time collection weren't that well made and the animal print bears don't do it for me. However the Polar Mercedes and the Panda Ming a while back were amazing quality as were the first 2 TSV pairings. Hopefully we can have something similar.

Also, I'd like to make a polite request to fellow forum users. I know a lot of you don't like Charlie and Will but many of us do. I know that this is a free speech forum however, can we please keep this thread to info about the TSV rather than personal comments about them. If you want to post other things about CBs / Charlie and Will, can you please post a different thread. Thanks in advance.

nope sorry my lips are sealed on this one as its goin to sell out in the first hour and thats it

SCW, I'd really appreciate knowing so I know if I need to keep some money back from the bear fair. How would you know that it's going to sell out in an hour?

whatever it is perhaps they haven't got many of them, say a limited edition of 500 or something.

I wish they would do a bear called Sydney as this is my daughters name and we cannot get anything over here in the UK with her name, as its unusual. Same with Kipling they never do a monkey called Sydney either. Ages ago Will and Charlie asked for suggestions and stories relating to bear names so I emailed them explaining Sydney's name and the background to our choice but I may as well have talked to the proverbial wall as didn't even get a thank you but no thank you. S'pose announcing the request on air they were inundated tho.

I got her her first ever Charlie Bear a few weeks ago to put by for Christmas - he was called Snowflake. I was disappointed that he didn't come in a special teddy bear presentation gift box, he was just in a white cardboard delivery box. And he was loads smaller than the screens and camera represent, but he is a bit glittery so she will love him I'm sure. :eek:)

Hi Spooky! They have never done a 'presentation box' as such but I'm sure she won't mind. I don't think that they would do stocks of just 500 for a TSV unless there were loads on advanced order but I still doubt it. I'd just like to know in advance if I need to save some money back as if there's a choic of 2 and i want both probably be £100! Maybe Sazza can help as she finds bears sometimes I think.

nope sorry my lips are sealed on this one as its goin to sell out in the first hour and thats it

It's a Teddy Bear, not a cure for cancer. If you don't want to tell people, that's your choice, but it might be an idea to stop trying to make yourself look far more important than you actually are.

Sorry, but I agree.

I do have to say, I started this thread hoping for some info which would be gratefully received by myself and others. I was very complimentary about SCW in my original post as SCW is so helpful usually. I am a bit saddened that there has been a post from SCW which does come across a bit 'I know, but I'm not telling you!' like a child on the playground. I'm sorry if myself and others have misunderstood in some way but this is how it's coming across. . .
All I was asking for as a bit of help to find out, which is what lots of us ask for quite frequently.

Anyway, to anyone that does want to help and can, I thank you in advance.

I do have to say, I started this thread hoping for some info which would be gratefully received by myself and others. I was very complimentary about SCW in my original post as SCW is so helpful usually. I am a bit saddened that there has been a post from SCW which does come across a bit 'I know, but I'm not telling you!' like a child on the playground. I'm sorry if myself and others have misunderstood in some way but this is how it's coming across. . .
All I was asking for as a bit of help to find out, which is what lots of us ask for quite frequently.

Anyway, to anyone that does want to help and can, I thank you in advance.

its because i had been told that its goin to be a choice of 3 bears but each limited to 1000 each thats why im so secretive about it and thats why i feel bad for saying what i have done

so i do apologise for being a bit blunt last night but dont worry il post more details when i can

we all i know i have a wierd way with words so i do truly apologise for the way somethings come out over here

Last edited:
Hi Spooky! They have never done a 'presentation box' as such but I'm sure she won't mind. I don't think that they would do stocks of just 500 for a TSV unless there were loads on advanced order but I still doubt it. I'd just like to know in advance if I need to save some money back as if there's a choic of 2 and i want both probably be £100! Maybe Sazza can help as she finds bears sometimes I think.

Hi TinaBorder, yep like you say it won't matter to my daughter one jot, she's only 8, and she will just adore him cause he is sparkly and cause he's cuddly. It was just me who imagined cause he is classed as collectable and therefore not your average run of the mill, straight off the shelf toy shop teddy that he wouldn't just arrive loose in a delivery box. I simply imagined that for £50+ he would be made to look a bit more special in a Charlie Bears box or something, and then an outer cardboard delivery box too. Sydney won't care, she'll probably prefer it as she can cuddle him quicker :eek:)

If I should see anything anywhere about the TSV I'll let you know, sometimes in the presenters blogs they talk about things, or people on Facebook etc. But I'm sure by the time your Bear Show is due it will be on here anyway, things usually are :eek:)

But I'm sure by the time your Bear Show is due it will be on here anyway, things usually are :eek:)

See there you go, some info come along already for you, good ole SCW, always happy to help wherever possible.

The lesson here is if you know something about an upcoming TSV or the like and you wish to share information you may have then feel free to share it. If don't wish to share it then you are under no obligation to do so but in that case do not allude to knowing as this just causes people frustration!!!

SCW does tend to say he finds things about a week before but this is not set in stone, information is often available through various sources earlier and with some no information is leaked beforehand, it is different for all.

I have now read that the rumour is the TSV is going to be three bears, possibly choice of three, which are from the Bear Trail CB does around the UK, these bears are Diamond , Little Gem and Treasure.

I"m relevantly new to the forum, and i"ve heard him say LOADS of time, i usually know a WEEK before the presentation,
so this is when he probably has all the information and pictures to give to everyone, so i can imagine he"s under a bit
of pressure with the website changing etc, and its not making things easy for him. And i realise some members are
excited to hear about things, but if he says a week before maybe they should give him more time IMO

You do realise that he doesn't work for QVC don't you?

its because i had been told that its goin to be a choice of 3 bears but each limited to 1000 each thats why im so secretive about it and thats why i feel bad for saying what i have done

You do realise that he doesn't work for QVC don't you?

Why would i think he works for QVC ??

I have to say that the above comment from SCW does tend to (deliberately?) give the impression that he is somehow privy to classified information yet I somehow can't imagine the "powers that be" at QVC Towers rushing to phone or email him with snippets of information re upcoming TSVs. Similarly, why does he feel the need to tell us he feels bad about sharing any info he has happened upon during his many hours scouring the internet? Is it really any skin off his nose whether QVC rack up their sales figures? I think not!

The bottom line is this - if you come across information that you think may be of interest to fellow forum members and you wish to share that information , then you are free to do so. However, to postulate and hint in order to derive some some sort of ill-perceived status is, frankly, annoying and puerile.

I have to say that the above comment from SCW does tend to (deliberately?) give the impression that he is somehow privy to classified information yet I somehow can't imagine the "powers that be" at QVC Towers rushing to phone or email him with snippets of information re upcoming TSVs. Similarly, why does he feel the need to tell us he feels bad about sharing any info he has happened upon during his many hours scouring the internet? Is it really any skin off his nose whether QVC rack up their sales figures? I think not!

The bottom line is this - if you come across information that you think may be of interest to fellow forum members and you wish to share that information , then you are free to do so. However, to postulate and hint in order to derive some some sort of ill-perceived status is, frankly, annoying and puerile.

Exactly!
Thank you Perdita.

well all i can say is im sorry for the way i wordered what i put as i have a strange way of wording things and it sounding completely different to what i meant so for that i truly do apologise,

i spend a lot of time looking after mum and that and use finding all these things as a hobbie like and sometimes i accidently post something i type the way i think it but this can come across wrong i know and im learning by all my mistakes on here

I think people are giving SCW a hard time here and for me it feels uncomfortable and unfair. Personally speaking SCW has helped me out with info on "many" an occasion regarding TSVs for numerous ranges, Yankee Candles, Elemis and Kipling to name just three. And it has not only made me look forward to the specific hours all the more, it has also given me the opportunity to budget in advance for something that I am definitely interested in.

So please stop being rude against him as whilst he has his reasons for not divulging this one particular TSV, he will definitely help lots of people in the future on loads of other TSV's. And I know I'd personally be disappointed if he didn't (esp as I have just heard there is "another" YC one in late Sept lol).

Latest posts

Back