Charlie Bears - Wincing while watching!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jai1998

Registered Shopper
I will admit to not quite 'getting' the collecting of dolls and bears etc, but realise that there are many people who like that kind of collectible.

However, I simply wince with embarrassment when I watch any of the Charlie Bear hours (not that I ever can manage more than about 10 minutes) as I find the way they are sold excruciating.

Every single bear they show is always 'so loveable', 'has their own character', a 'cheeky face', the twee descriptions are never ending.

Tonight during the TSV, the male from the couple who own the company was talking about the, frankly horrible TSV bear, 'FISH' and, mid sentence, chuckled, explaining that he couldn't help it as the bear 'had been looking at him'.

You're a grown man for goodness sake.

TV Off!!!

another charlie bears show, another pointless thread....still you managed to find the remote...more than most previous...congrats
and yes, before people say this, my reply to this thread is at least as pointless as the original post
and yes, i do indeed just have 2 posts...both pretty much saying the same thing...but what can i say, ive met them both many times and theyre both nice etc etc...im sure theyd love everything that is said of them on here though :up:

Last edited:
Actually, most business people are very nice..................... particularly when they have a product to sell. And as for 'another' pointless thread, there IS an off switch on this site as well as the tele.

They are selling bears, it's not a serious thing. They are having a bit if fun with it. No harm there, surely?

i dont mind the shows and they are really funny in a "i love bears" kind of way. my problem with collecting is that i dont like the cleaning and dusting that being a collectables collector must entail. i love the tsv and i do watch but thats it for me no bear buying even though i potentially could go mad. i have some mini bears and mushy peas with the fork is jabbing me as we speak lol

[h=2]Charlie Bears - Wincing while watching![/h]
I use my off button ...nothing wrong with the bears... it's the guests I can't be doing with.....

It's the way she fakes being devastated when a bear sells out that always amuses me. Bet her expression is a bit different when she looks at her business bank account though.

As someone said above, they're running a very successful company. Good for them but let's not get taken in by they're soppy act.

But you wouldn't expect serious, scientific presentations for teddy bears!
It's just a bit of fun that gives a lot of people pleasure. Why should everything in life have to be serious.

I used to collect mini bears on QVC years ago but I don't have room for the big bears so I don't watch. The guests are OK in a fluffy kind of way and they seem to have a thriving business so good luck to them. I really did want that Dale Franklin fox they had on once (did I say that out loud??)

CC

The woman - is she Charlie? Anyway she's just been on about how the went to a chippy on their first date and how people make a point of going to the same chippy just to be like them. I mean, really?.

another charlie bears show, another pointless thread....still you managed to find the remote...more than most previous...congrats
and yes, before people say this, my reply to this thread is at least as pointless as the original post
and yes, i do indeed just have 2 posts...both pretty much saying the same thing...but what can i say, ive met them both many times and theyre both nice etc etc...im sure theyd love everything that is said of them on here though :up:

D you only come on here for a look and a post when there's bears on then?
Hhhhmmmmmmm ....

Personally I think they are both astute business people who are making a very lucrative living flogging bears and cuddly toys. I think the soppy act is just that - a soppy act.

Wish I'd thought of it first! :envy:

The woman - is she Charlie? Anyway she's just been on about how the went to a chippy on their first date and how people make a point of going to the same chippy just to be like them. I mean, really?.

The chippy they are referring to, and mentioned by name, is actually very famous in it's own right as being one of the best in England & people have been flocking there for years.

I flicked over to hear that he sprays his aftershave on her nighties when he is away and she sprays her perfume, um......somewhere....so they can still sniff each other when apart.:giggle:

I had a deja vu Tova & Ernie moment.....but less classy and more furry! :sad:

I flicked over to hear that he sprays his aftershave on her nighties when he is away and she sprays her perfume, um......somewhere....so they can still sniff each other when apart.:giggle:

I had a deja vu Tova & Ernie moment.....but less classy and more furry! :sad:

Too. Much. Information.

Not to mention potentially painful. :doh:

I thought they said they sprayed the aftershave/ perfume on the travel buddy bears so they have a reminder of each other. They are alittle soppy but suspect thats just them rather than an act, not my cup of tea but each too there own i guess

The chippy they are referring to, and mentioned by name, is actually very famous in it's own right as being one of the best in England & people have been flocking there for years.

Is it The Magpie they are talking about? If so, yum yum yum is all I can say!

Latest posts

Back