Christmas Stock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Been browsing the Web and there is still a fair amount of Christmas stock ranges from Decorations , Trees , Beauty Gits and Yankee Candles. Why doesn't Qvc reduce all this stock like the majority of online retailers and High Street stores? Are they planning on just keeping it in there Warehouse till this Xmas and selling it at full price, mayb changing the item numbers so they can get rid of any dodgy reviews and be able to say its "New to air".

Yankee Candles don't have a Used by date , but I wouldn't fancy buying one that's been sat in a Qvc's Warehouse for 12 months and could have been produced several months before Qvc even got the stock.

Beauty Products do have a Shelf life so potentially by the time this Xmas comes if these items are again for sale , they could either be out of date of a only have a very short Used by date left.

Qvc could shift all this Xmas stock and make space for new ranges and products. I know they had a few sale days straight after Xmas but the prices and products were pretty poor and a lot of us didn't even watch Qvc over Xmas , so why not have a Clearance day , free P&P on all items and get rid of these items.

They always have (or certainly had) huge stock levels of YC and I have often wondered why they do not have a good old clear out. That is the point of the post Xmas sale but you never see much of a YC reduction, do you?

The other puzzle is why they show so many YC items on wait list when they are old scents or accessory patterns which presumably can never come back into stock as they are no longer made. If I ran that warehouse I would have a good old clear out and cut the wait list to items which have a realistic chance of coming back in 3 or 6 months.

they just keep them for the next year & put them on in christmas in july at special prices that they have been at on the web for ages & on crazy easy pays & then they sell an awful lot of it out

As we have all said here many times the postage on clearance items takes away any small saving.

Big price reductions and free P&p would be the best clear out they could have.

Some of the stuff has been there since pussy was a kitten, eg how long is it since Lee Sands was on q?

Way back when Q posted sale items in a list on teletext twice a week they sold very quickly and I got some real bargains including 2 huge Molton Brown sets for a tenner each but as they started posting them on their website the list has just kept on growing, there's stuff on there that must be close to a decade old. But with paltry reductions I wonder what they're expecting to happen. It seems a crazy waste of warehouse space which must be costing them money albeit a small amount. There are 6000 items in Clearance and 4000 in Last Clicks! Slash everything by 50% and free p&p, reduce the MBG to 14 days for clearance stuff and get it shifted! No one is wading through 60+ pages of cr@p to save £4.25!

There must be something seriously wrong in the department responsible for clearance items if they can't understand that 10 year old items are never going to sell. should these not be in the outlet stores on no return basis?

Imagine if an HS retailer did this. I would have thought storage space was far too expensive for items a decade old. But then for a company living in the past and on past glories it shouldn't be a surprise to any of us.

(mum writes)

I think one big mistake was moving everything to the website. I used to love sitting and looking through the bargains on Q-Active when it was on Sky. I'm not techo-minded enough to want to sit in front of a PC trawling through the website, so I know they're missing out on orders and I'm sure there must be a good number like me out there. I've had many a bargain bought that way but that hasn't happened since they took it away. I also used to like to catch up on +1 but can't do that now either, so that means more lost orders for them.

Also the discounts are so small these days they are not worth having. In the days of teletext the discounts were much better.

Latest posts

Back