Cr*pology knives

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
Are my eyes deceiving me ? Those knives look like plastic - tell me I am wrong please.

Linda

I think it is plastic over the steel hence you are able to sharpen them with a normal knife sharpener!

If they're like the one I got in the Try Me set last year, they're definitely not plastic, and the one I got is a really good knife - I'm tempted by this TSV.

Me too I am going to give these a try, a nice bright colour so it will show up when I throw it out with the potato peelings!!

I got the try me last year & was really impressed by the knife , it was really sharp & has stayed so . really tempted by this TSV

xxx

I've gone for these in red , think they're worth a try! Haven't ordered from QVC in a while, but like the look of these.

I like the look of these too. So which knife did you have in the try me and was it the same coated type?

Thats a really nice set and funnily enough I was looking at a set of chopping boards today.

Only trouble is I have ordered the knives now and do I need another!

Thats a really nice set and funnily enough I was looking at a set of chopping boards today.

Only trouble is I have ordered the knives now and do I need another!

I would also thoroughly recommend the boards - they're great.

I've still not decided whether to go for another set of knife and boards (which I don't really need but really like the knife) or go for the TSV (and I don't really need all those knives).

watching some of the demos earlier today I got the impression that they dragged on some foods didnt look like an effortless cut , shame as I really liked the look of them

Well these have just arrived and my first impression is very good so we will see how they go.

Mind you, although I sharpen my existing knives on occasion they are pretty old now so I may be easily impressed!

Soft grip handle is a novelty to me because don't remember them being around in the past. I like the individual covers on them too :)

mine arrived a few days ago...I'm not all that impressed - they're okay - nothing too special though :2:

Thank you for this. I was beginning to feel tempted but I really don't want any more knives that are nothing special, I have too many of those already.

Quite a while ago, I bought one of the cooks essentials knives, I think it was from the techinique range, on a try me offer, it was a large chef's knife and had a funky irredescent coating. On the demo it looked great, but in reality, it was absolutely hopeless, it dragged even cutting a tomato, I tried cutting an onion with it, and again it was a real effort, even giving it a good sharpening didn't help. When I was cutting the onion, I gave up halfway though and used the small global knife that OH had, and it was a breeze....I've since bought him a complete set of Global knives, and they're fantastic..ok, they cost a bomb...but imvho cooks essentials knives, are cr*p knives dressed up as good ones and are a false economy!

Latest posts

Back