Crafty Family Connections

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
This may have been brought up before; BUT was DB's niece Amy brought in to replace Leonie, OR did Leonie jump to IW before she was pushed ???

I'm getting a bit tired of all these "family" connection tie ups. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in age between Amy and Aunty Dawn either.

I liked Leonie.

If you want to know the answer why ask a forum that can only give you opinion.
Perhaps you would be better off asking Leonie herself.

This may have been brought up before; BUT was DB's niece Amy brought in to replace Leonie, OR did Leonie jump to IW before she was pushed ???

I'm getting a bit tired of all these "family" connection tie ups. There doesn't seem to be a lot of difference in age between Amy and Aunty Dawn either.

I liked Leonie.

I think the reports were Leonie wanted more presenter air time and it wasn't forthcoming. Q gave it to Amy. So, Leonie left. It coincided with a very difficult time for Leonie so she may have left anyway.

I liked Leonie.

Leonie wasnt pushed she got an offer she couldnt refuse from ideal world. Amy has been on QVC for quite a while now, even when Leonie was still on as well.

If you want to know the answer why ask a forum that can only give you opinion.
Perhaps you would be better off asking Leonie herself.

I'm not privvy to addresses or phone numbers, or I would, and then I wouldn't need to "trouble" anyone on here for their opinion or info !!!!!

Tolly, I know you from Crafttelly and I know you are close to Dawn, but I don't think the question warranted that response, to be fair! I think it was a fair enough question, even if we don't all feel the same way. If it helps answer the question objectively, I know from Leonie's blog that she personally has no rancour with Dawn and family whatsoever. It was QVC that never really "got" Leonie, it was certainly not Dawn's doing. I am not a great fan of Amy's crafting and I certainly prefer Leonie, but then I am just one person-the sales figures must be good with Amy, or QVC wouldn't keep her-they are not a charity, after all!!

As a non-crafter I find the family clique thing quite off-putting. Feels like if you don't have a Lancashire accent crafting's not for you.

I couldn't care less if someones sister or auntie gets a job as long as they are good at it.

Tolly, I know you from Crafttelly and I know you are close to Dawn, but I don't think the question warranted that response, to be fair! I think it was a fair enough question, even if we don't all feel the same way. If it helps answer the question objectively, I know from Leonie's blog that she personally has no rancour with Dawn and family whatsoever. It was QVC that never really "got" Leonie, it was certainly not Dawn's doing. I am not a great fan of Amy's crafting and I certainly prefer Leonie, but then I am just one person-the sales figures must be good with Amy, or QVC wouldn't keep her-they are not a charity, after all!!

Totally agree with your reply to this craftybel. Brissles did not need that type of response to a fair question.

I know nothing about crafting,but is Dawn actually that good?
A colleague of mine is a crafter and she sells cards ,which are amazing compared to anything I've seen Dawn do on QVC...obviously I realise time is a factor on QVC but even the "prepared earlier" ones don't look that great to me.

Don't shout me down, I don't really know..but I've never seen Dawn produce anything fab.

A colleague of mine is a crafter and she sells cards ,which are amazing compared to anything I've seen Dawn do on QVC...obviously I realise time is a factor on QVC but even the "prepared earlier" ones don't look that great to me.

Don't shout me down, I don't really know..but I've never seen Dawn produce anything fab.

I said exactly the same thing to my husband this evening LS. Many of the crafters with blogs, have some of the most awsome papercrafts I have ever seen. They haven't got their inspiration from Dawn, either, as many of them are in Scandinavia/America.

The one thing I do thank DB for, is the fact that she did bring paper crafts to QVC in the UK. Until then, I had to buy K & Co and Anna Griffin etc from US suppliers.

I'm not a crafter either but a friend of mine is and I've received many beautiful cards from her. Dawn B's cards look amateur in comparison, like a child has just plonked stickers on and over embellished it. In my opinion, as with most other things, less is definitely more.

You have to hand it to her though, she's making a fortune out of playing.

It was a perfectly reasonable question and the reply was not reasonable, which probably tells us a lot about DB world. Moving on I'd like to know why Rosemary Merry did not appear on Craft Day as scrapbooking is a craft and she ought to be demonstrating these items rather than Dawn and Amy. I am not a scrapbooker before you jump on me but I watch Rosemary because I get a lot of ideas from her examples and advice. I also think her cards and little books are fantastic and she is a very talented craftswoman.

Thanks for all your supportive replies.

I just take it that it was the "time of the month" for others !

I am too long in the tooth now to put ANYONE on a pedestal - nobody is THAT perfect, or are they ?(obviously to some they are) !!!!!

Anyway - I was curious to know something, and I knew I would get the answer on here........... in a humourous way, or NOT !!!!

I agree. It is helpful to see certain techniques being demonstrated but I find the results often uninspired. I think Dawn is talented but not "edgy". Having said that, I suppose the cards have to look achievable or it will deter the new crafter and they are the ones that spend all the money.

Rosemary is increasingly being sidelined by QVC. A BIG BIG mistake. And was Paula Pascual on at all? She is an ACE crafter too-a real talent. Doesn't look like I missed much!

Latest posts

Back